Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He's also in the WWE cruiserweight tournament with zack

He's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rampage v Tommy too

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bigger than TNA, that's brilliant

Please post this in the TNA thread

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ricky came to the uk recently and he is a nice fella

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Blanka v Snake at Attack Pro's 4th annual Press Start show

https://www.facebook.com/ATTACKprowrestling/videos/1030827440327970/

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://m.facebook.com/WillOspreay/photos/a.472834442782668.1073741825.363355667063880/1033081363424637

:ohdear:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 26, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Really pleased for Pete, its crazy how far he's come in the last few years

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

RaceyBucket posted:

They are all nice British lads ive been watching in PROGRESS. Gallagher is also in the CWC.

Pete is not nice and a big meanie

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Regal was at PROGRESS - chapter 33 yesterday, proper Jesus pop when his music kicked in after jim announced a special guest

Watched the whole show from the sides, lots of 'sign 'em up regal' chants throughout

Results chat below if anyone was planning on watching it

Excellent show from top to bottom, Scurll is the champ again (first 2x) and Haskins has a title shot at the massive Brixton show after beating Will in a no.1 contender match. The Riots retained against WAR MACHINE too

Trent Severn turned on Tyler, so no more Moustache Mountain :(

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 1, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jim just announced a 3rd Canada date with Smash

Also shows in Brum next year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Such a good card

If any of you Irish type's haven't seen Travis Banks yet (pretty sure everyone else has wrestled OTT before) you're in for a treat

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Its mostly having a good moustache

He's insanely good for his age

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Of all the fly-ins you could have Jigsaw is who you choose?

Unless he's riding with the rest of the baggage.

Yeah he's an odd choice, we had him at a random attack pro show in Bristol earlier in the year too

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ospreay just said on a podcast he'd been offered a second contract with an American promotion and will be signing in 2017

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

maybe he has a new gimmick planned where he comes out draped in contracts like you see with belts

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If I had to guess I'd say ROH

He specifically said he hadn't decided on Paul's contract though, just that he'd be in the US in 2017

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Grozz Nuy posted:

That just raises further questions!

Dunne already beat Ospreay for the cruiserweight belt, why would he care about the feud with Vader?

Because he's a big meany

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If any UK types haven't subscribed to Flash's podcast yet you really need to, the first was a bit amatuer but he's really got into the flow of it and the last few, especially the latest with Nixon Newell is excellent

https://soundcloud.com/morgan-webster-468128657/wrestling-friends-4-nixon-newell

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 31, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It sounded perfectly reasonable to me, not everything in life is scoops and secrets

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm sure they are, but your problem is you get so deep into your scoops and rumours you forget wrestlers are just people. Not everything is a cover up, or has hidden meaning

A 21yr old valleys girl not wanting to miss Christmas with her young nephew is not unreasonable, especially if there is every chance she could just do the trip next year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

PROGRESS with two and a half thousand people in Brixton is absolutely loving insane

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Chris James 2 posted:

Current announced lineup for the ITV World of Sport event/pilot

CJ Banks
Joe Coffey
Mark Coffey
Zack Gibson
Joey Hayes
Danny Hope
El Ligero
Dave Mastiff
Johnny Moss
Sha Samuels
Kenny Williams

And Jim Ross on commentary :woop:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Flash Morgan Webster is on deal or no deal right now, channel 4 (UK)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

PROGRESS has been on fire with their show names recently

I thought When Men Throw Men at Men was good, but now Graps of Wrath is just perfect

that loving sucks, I wasn't going to watch to avoid spoilers but its everywhere on my fb feed

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 31, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-tryouts-glasgow-scotland

So much amazing British talent there

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAijeO-8bA

Nice little documentary about PROGRESS. The Haskins stuff is kinda :smith: knowing what happened not long after

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Stuck it on in the pub last night and most seemed to be enjoying it, didn't stick the commentary on so can't really comment on that but I was pleasantly surprised overall

Just wished they hadn't gone with Grado v Mastiff as an opener, a lot would have just turned off after that

It wouldn't have done much to dispel the image of British wrestling just being fat sweaty guys

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Food Court Druid posted:

It sounds like WWE UK talent won't be allowed to work shows that are livestreamed. Great deal for WWE -- you pay the guys less than even NXT wrestlers, don't have to train them, and keep bleeding away talent from the indies that don't play ball with you.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet :ssh:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Nm, not getting into this

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 21, 2017

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lumbermouth posted:

And this is after Pete Dunne straight up dropped off the show because of their previous comments. Really leaning into their scumminess.

On the plus side it meant we got him at attack pro in Bristol which was cool, not seen him since before the UK tournament was announced

We've got a proper trav memorial weekend on the 4/5th with attack

With actual money being raised for Cavendish

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Attack pro just raised over 5 grand for Cavendish during the Kris Travis Tag Team invitational tournament weekend

Which is how you're supposed to do it pcw

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressWrestling/videos/1440335822695815

So loving hyped for this, don't get to go to progress as often as I'd like and so glad this is one I can get to

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://vimeo.com/210349972

Worth a watch if you've got 25 mins to spare

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So loving proud of all the UK (and honourary brit) wrasslers getting tryouts today, wrestling is great :unsmith:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lumbermouth posted:

And it's really nice seeing folks that aren't huge names in there. BT Gunn and Stevie Boy have both been highlights of any ICW show I've seen and Marius Al-Ani really impressed me at wXw's 16 Carat Gold this year.

Yeah Im so glad it's not just the progress crew, there's guys there from dragon pro in Newport, which no one ever has heard of and lots of attack pro and fcp in there

The attack pro guys (mark/pete/tyler) have clearly been putting a good word in

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Over here we like seeing our mates achieve their dreams even if it does mean we'll get to see em less :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Kaveman posted:

I'm in two minds about Travis Banks. If he gets signed now I think he'll fade into obscurity. But if he sticks to the indies for at least a year I think he'll be a huuge deal.
He has really benefited from the hole the original WWEUK guys left in the indie scene.

He's in the same boat as TK and Dahlia, his UK visa runs out soon so he absolutely needs to get poo poo done now

It's a loooong way to travel from NZ if you're an indie wrestler and the scene over there isn't great

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Kaveman posted:

drat didn't know this. I wish him the best then he's got talent for days he'd thrive in NXT if given the chance. Got his character and ring work down. He's in a similar boat to Pete Dunne imo.
Gonna need to get a shirt and a pic with him before he goes.

He came over a few months after they did so he's not disappearing next week or anything, but yes you really should

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Also, he's Nixon Newell's boyfriend and she starting in NXT in a few weeks.

Well yes but posting about that is kind of weird and creepy so I didn't want to bring it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah I'm not having this conversation any more. If you cant see the difference between wrestlers public lives and private lives, and which of those it's acceptable to post about, then you really are a bunch of creeps