Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

With Homicide and the Cage of Death? That was good poo poo from what I remember and definitely worth a rewatch. Can someone recommend decent matches from that era?

Honestly, czw was pretty good back then. I think it was hell freezes over with Daniel Bryan facing Chris Hero. That should be the start of the feud. I also remember liking best of the best that year since it had some roh guys. There was a barbed wire match with bj Whitmer and I think necro butcher that was fun too. I used to have a dvd comp of all of it together.

Cage of death from 2006 I think was really good too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

who keeps booking Facade?

What's wrong with facade? I didn't think he was that bad at the last AIW show.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm excited to see Dan Severn live.

I'm guessing that Tim Donst wins the whole thing.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Probably just a space issue.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Who's the guy with the glasses giving the bird?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
And run more than once a month.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm excited for tomorrow, going to the AIW show. He's been at every AIW show I've been to for the last few years so it's going to be weird when he's not there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
AIW had an awesome show last night.

Shigehiro Irie/Kingston was awesome and probably my favorite match of the night

Nate Webb still has the best entrance in wrestling.

Tommy End/Raymond Rowe was fantastic as was Tracy Williams and Michael Elgin.

Teddy Hart allegedly broke his ankle. He shot an angle after breaking said ankle so.....yeah. I didn't know he showed up to his bookings so I was surprised to see him there. Mr. Money is adorable and well behaved.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was there last night. It was great. Johnny's farewell speech lasted at least 45 minutes. I don't think it would translate to tape well though and a lot of it wouldn't make sense if you haven't been going to the AIW/shows in Cleveland for years.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So what don't people like about Ethan Page? I'm not a fan of him either. I don't think he's bad I just find him kind of boring.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Might be a reference to go the promo he did for the Roh vs czw feud where he threatened Zandig with a Louisville slugger.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Joey Styles posted:

AN OPEN LETTER FROM JOEY STYLES

Friday night, I panicked on camera during the live broadcast of Evolve 72 on FloSlam when I realized that heel manager, Stokely Hathaway and I would be doing our promo at ringside and not in the ring with ring announcer, Joanna Rose as I had anticipated.

I told Joanna before the show that during my promo with her and Stokely in the ring, I was going to ask her about English tailoring so we could compare my suit with Stokely Hathaway's suit.

I had no idea what to say when Stokely Hathaway and I were at ringside about to trade promos and I didn't have Joanna with us to ask about English tailoring.

I panicked and I did exactly what Gabe Sapolsky told me not to do earlier in the week and made a political joke. The joke included a partial quote from the President-Elect that was meant to mock him and then, in-turn, my scripted nemesis, Stokely Hathaway.

I started the joke and stopped quoting the President-Elect without using the offensive word.

Again, I did not utter the offensive word.

I then turned to Stokely Hathaway and said "the word that I will not use, brings me to you."

As the veteran, I should have walked through the promo segment with Stokely Hathaway and Joanna Rose before the event so that there was no possibility of me putting myself in that position.

Gabe was justifiably furious at me and thought that I had endangered his relationship with FloSports.

After the event, I looked Gabe in the eye, apologized to him, and as not as to put him in the awkward position of having to fire someone he has known for 20 years, told him to fire me publicly and then shook his hand.

I apologized to Joanna who said she said she wasn't upset because she knew it was a joke about the President-Elect. It didn't matter if she was upset or not, therefore I apologized to her again, repeatedly.

I apologized to Jeremy Botter, the representative from FloSlam who was at the event, and he wasn't upset. It didn't matter if he was upset or not, therefore I apologized to him again, repeatedly. I also told him that Gabe and EVOLVE had no knowledge of what I was going to say and my actions should not be held against EVOLVE.

I apologized to the locker room and the wrestlers weren't upset. It didn't matter if they were upset, therefore I apologized to the wrestlers again, repeatedly.

While apologizing to the wrestlers, I saw that Timothy Thatcher obviously had a very serious concussion.

Timothy Thatcher's main event opponent, Drew Gulak also recognized that it was a very serious concussion and said that Timothy needed to go to the hospital.

I went to the hospital with Timothy and Larry Dallas. Gabe arrived at the hospital shorty after we did. We were cordial to each other, because I had already apologized to him and he had already fired me publicly. All that we were rightly concerned about by that point was Timothy Thatcher's condition.

Larry and I stayed at the hospital with Timothy until he was released at 1:30 AM into Larry's care to recover at Larry's home in NY until he is well enough to fly home to California.

While at the hospital watching Timothy struggle to regain his memory of what happened and even remember my name, I made the decision to stay quiet about EVOLVE 72 until today so as not to take attention away from EVOLVE on FloSlam on Sunday night.

In summary, I panicked on a live broadcast, ad-libbed by telling bad joke, apologized to Gabe, told him to publicly fire me to protect himself and then apologized sincerely and repeatedly to everybody involved including Joanna Rose, Jeremy Botter from FloSlam and the wrestlers in the EVOLVE locker room.

In conclusion, I'd like to thank FloSlam for editing out the segment from the EVOLVE 72 replay on FloSlam so fans can enjoy the historic event forever without it being marred.

Joey Styles

What a piece of poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I haven't seen CZW or deathmatch wrestling in awhile. :barf:

Does Ruckus still wrestle? I think that was the first time that I've seen him in ages.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought that was Francine

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

This will probably be a good podcast topic eventually.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It probably would've been better if AIW just said that Matt Riddle wasn't going to be at the next show and left it at that.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I would like to see ACH vs. AR Fox. Give me all the flippy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75H3WOpUbYY

From a few years back.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
How was Abyss/Cabana? I liked some of his brawling matches in the past.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Sorry for the phone posting, this is the last they had on biggins on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/845032069944238080

I also can't believe they had to post this too

https://mobile.twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/844571622422011905

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I picked up a month of floslam so I could watch a lot of the wrestlemania shows.

Anything else in their archives I should check out during this month?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I saw Holly beat on Tim Donst so Holly is fine with me.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Welp. I better go to the next AIW show.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It's been a really bad week for AIW

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
More on Biggins:

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/855920042537517058

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/856190235025211393

I really hope he gets better. If you're transferred to the Cleveland Clinic, it's usually a really bad sign. It usually means wherever you were at couldn't do anything else for you.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/868103838552784898

Wow

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Holy poo poo, I was at the show and didn't hear that.

During the same match, Flip Kendrick jumped from the top rope to the floor and landed on his head. It's a sound I'm not going to forget any time soon.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

where's the dang link so I can buy the Tremont/Onita iPPV

Looks like it's streaming on the highspots network. Twitter is saying the stream is broken though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was wondering if anyone else has a subscription to the highspots network. I was thinking about trying it for a month or so. Anyone have any recommendations? I was planning on watching the Onita CZW show, the Brody documentary, and maybe some older CZW.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQC-ZTNtNY

More Gabe temper tantrum stories

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah, if I remember correctly they shut down or nearly shut down in 2007 or 2008. They actually did shut down some time after that. I think they came back as IWA-Midwest and then came back as IWA-MS eventually.

I guess Ian is going to have to get another shoot job.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

login page isn't secured by SSL. Potential snooping issues.
I've never loving heard of their payment processor. They deal with megachurches which is like a doublestrike against them.

It doesn't look like anything on the WWN website is secure at all.

Yikes.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Not sure if this has been posted but BOLA has been added to the PWG DVD sale:

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/DVD/

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9gJxrzxYkI

In case anyone is curious to hear the phone call itself.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

Are people still excited to see Rey Mysterio wrestle?

I would love to see Rey wrestle live.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I decided to watch that free MLW show, and they did a package showing the title tourney participants. Then they threw to the announcers. Some guy.....

And Tony Schiavone?! How long has this been a thing?

I think he's announced every show since their revival.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

So does Chikara have a solid streaming service? Like is it worthwhile and practical to subscribe for a few months and binge the last few years because some of that sounds kind of fun and interesting.

Similarly, is anyone familiar with the CZW streaming service? I was binging some older CZW a year ago and more or less enjoying it so I've been thinking of doing the same binge subscription thing with them. But I got the impression the CZW service wasn't terrible well stocked or organized.

And are there any other companies who have services with banked years that are worth binging? I know NJPW but I like my english commentary. And ROH but it sounds like they don't have a lot of their stuff. WWN but it doesn't seem like they do much worth watching. There's the FiteApp but that seems like single purchases, not a monthly service fee thing. Anything else?

Have you looked at the highspots service? They have huge catalogs of many indy promotions. They may not be complete but there's tons to watch.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/RockstarProWres/status/1022286707474030593?s=19

For anyone living close to Dayton, Ohio, Irie is really good and it's not often you'll get to see a KO-D title defence.

When is this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I am pretty sure Dave Crist is kind of a weirdo/creep. I remember hearing stories about how wrestlers would stay over his house when they worked Ohio companies and he'd like whip his dick out when they were sleeping or something as a joke. Pretty sure he did it to Kimber Lee once.

Based on some of the stories he told when he was on Turned Out a Punk, I'm not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Draxion posted:

AIW is running LA Park vs Nick Gage for their Hell on Earth show this month. Should be exactly what that sounds like, I'll probably start going back to AIW for it.

Glad I bought my ticket for this already.