Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I hope Keith Lee is in BOLA. One of my new recent favorites.

Keith is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Last few Mucha Lucha Atlanta shows have featured the crowd throwing money into the ring

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

why doesnt esther lin shoot pwg

too busy shooting a jillion other things a week

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Boco_T posted:

She made this instead, I know she'd love to shoot wrestling more but come on
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/883484431477915652

have you seen the New Japan pics she did for I believe Cage Side Seats?

Night 1 and Night 2

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

oatgan posted:

Rush is coming to mucha lucha Atlanta for their October show

I am hyped as gently caress.

Also, I really hope Jeff Cobb can make it (He was scheduled for June, but had an injury :saddowns:)

Plus CARISTICO, so, yeh, gonna be dope

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Looks like it's Rush vs Caristico vs MechaWolf (formerly Mr 450) for the Mucha Lucha world title.

kewl

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BOLA check-in:

https://twitter.com/MichaelLangan2/status/904231856924590080

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sammy Guevara rules and I hope he does a million flips, a billion superkicks and a million billion middle fingers

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Much Lucha Atlanta put on another good show. Rush won the title in a triple threat with then-champ Mecha Wolf (boooooo!) and Caristico. He kicked the ref in the ribs to break up a pin, hit a pile driver on Wolf and countered Caristico's springboard attempt with a dick kick. I have to say, it seems like this guy is difficult to govern.

Rey Horus and AR Fox had a rad match. Fox tried to start a Donald Trump chant, which the predominantly Hispanic crowd shouted down.

Jeff Cobb did Jeff Cobb things.

It was fun times. MLA rules.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Esther rules

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Next Mucha Lucha Atlanta show (March 25) will be their 4th anniversary. So what's on deck for such an occasion?

Penta El 0M vs Rush for the world title

:hellyeah:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Boco_T posted:

I booked an AirBNB in Tucker already, gonna put a tracker on flights. The March NOVA Pro show is booked for the 10th so no conflict there. Excited to return to Mucha Lucha.

:hf:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Their good friend Kazuchika Okada will make them shake hands and make up.

you spelled "Jerry Lynn" all sorts of hosed up

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think we need to push Excalibur to put PCO in BOLA

he's in trios

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/983740588532076545

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

javits center, baybee

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mucha Lucha Atlanta is p cool.

They opened last night's show with a game of hot potato with some kids. It ran about 40 minutes.

Greatest ref ever, Richie Boy, had at least 3 separate full entrances, and he only had one costume change (he usually switches the color of his polo between matches, saving the classic zebra stripes for the main event)

I thought the crowd would riot as the MLA owner has aligned himself with a Puerto Rican group and they harass the mostly Mexican crowd. Thankfully, the fans just threw lime wedges and yelled puto at everyone a bunch.

Sadly, the advertised main event of Park vs Rush became Park/El Hijo de Park vs Rush/Mecha Wolf :saddowns:

Next time: WAR GAMES

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

hatchi matchi

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1057666584410574848?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

all i recall about 3.0 is the chubbier one constantly complaining about having to wrestle women (or maybe just watch womens wrestling)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

oh, dip

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1062165206888079361

I didn't realize this thing was gonna be at SPACE, the Mucha Lucha Atlanta venue (I was contacted by this McAloon guy and I recommended Espacio Discotheque as a possible spot). SPACE fuckin rules. Hope to see some of y'all at this thing, even though I realize that Atlanta, the weekend of the Superbowl is gonna be a tremendous clusterfuck.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Boco_T posted:

This sounds cool and it’s sweet that you picked the venue but the scheduling of the show is insanely stupid

Look, if this is what gives us Gronk vs Kikutaro, I'm fine with it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don’t think Kurt Angle is thinking about the fact that he’s going to have to climb up a bunch of scaffolds while this guy is just throwing concrete bricks at him for like 3 stories

kurt angle is...

JUMPMAN

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I Before E posted:

The tag team championship is of course I'M WITH STUPID hats

after a grueling series of death matches, a bloody nick gage proudly holds aloft his prize, the HOOF HEARTED hat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

hell yeah, im gonna see kris wolf in a drat mexican discotheque in atlanta the friday before the superbowl (provided traffic doesn't legitimately murder me)

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1078807710781575171

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i hope francisco santos mir iii's sons, khage and ronin maximus will be there to support their dad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

if Frank wins, will his wife finally appreciate him?

he has to avenge his loss to javy "eye candy" ayala first

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mir has only ever done the following things in the 2000s:

- broken peoples arms
- got hit by a car
- become incredibly fat
- get a tattoo of a rhinoceros that is also a samurai that drives a motorcycle

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

kewl

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1085336077135740931?s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

here's a bunch of boring white dudes vs some crabs

joey ryan's getting tested at the free clinic?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I'm going to a wrestling show being put on by a theatre company tonight. Should be fun!

I hope the wrestlers are billed with the name of the performers as well as the characters being portrayed

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

Maybe don't do double foot stomps when you're like 6'6" and 300ish pounds?

please dont bodyshame

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

at the very least, he'll show up to lead the crowd in a post-show sing along of sweet caroline at spring break

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

any goons headed to this show tonight? loving ridiculously stacked card

it me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

gently caress chris trew

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Breakdown of people booing vs cheering Delilah Doom is about 28-3

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i wonder if the bass from ESPACIO DISCOTHEQUE next door can be heard on the stream

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

the YET TAY

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fenix killed a fan and himself

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

lmao, wait is there a second room inside ESPACIO DISCOTHEQUE they're running? how the gently caress didn't this money mark shell out for the big room, missing out on the loving laser show

I assume because when I was leaving, there were folks just rolling up to ~Space~ near midnight, so I think the club owner makes a good chunk of change just by having a club on weekend nights

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Im over here waiting to see how this doesnt work out, even though the only time someone hasnt showed up to a MLA show was when Jeff Cobb got hurt at The Crash the day before a few years ago (Tho last show's advertised main event of Rush vs PARK turned into PARK/Park Jr vs Rush/Mecha Wolf)

https://twitter.com/muchaluchaatl/status/1097222466630500353?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

joey lynch is the jesus of mucha lucha atlanta, so shut your mouth