Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Its a kenzan that was presumably hammered into his head with a chair or something.
Deathmatch wrestling is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

super dragon riding nova pro's coattails i see

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

speaking of which, i didn't think they could top tos3 but ngi show of the year

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

thought this was gage vs tim donst at first

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1077731172426366978
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

you'd have to pay me $150 to go to an mlw show let alone work one

i went to their war games taping and they managed to make a show with park vs pentagon, low ki vs fenix, joey, mjf, wheeler yuta, pco, etc, the most boring show ive ever been to

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

bought my ticket to see kasai, im VERY excited and i hope it actually happens. the fn king is wrestling shlak on that show too so i hope i get some good catharsis out of that.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

kasai/colon was far and away the best match i've ever seen live and i was at the first njpw/roh war of the worlds with okada/aj/elgin and bucks/redragon

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

my key pre-robbery nick gage memory was him and his brother dangerously throwing necro butcher face first over the top rope onto the floor on a czw show and hearing necro's head thump off the concrete in the arena

post-release, gage is easily the most charismatic guy on the indies, with the aforementioned dangerous aura, folk hero persona, and legitimate appreciation for the fans, and probably the best brawler outside of mexico, deathmatch or not

basically all his matches in beyond have ruled, his tacks match against g-raver especially owned, and his commentary on the david starr/joey janela deathmatch with matt tremont was really good and endearing.

i honestly can't get over how great that gcw show on saturday was though. it was my first live deathmatch show and it's like why bother with any other wrestling ever again, holy poo poo. why isn't alex colon the biggest name in the world? also the tease with lloyd, gage, shlak, crane, etc at the end of the show, i didn't think the guys with records would be able to work japan?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

What are some must watch BJW death matches from the last y year?

i asked about 2018 deathmatches and takeda matches in the questions thread a little while back and, in addition to mrt suggesting the fly star/toxin match that i ended up watching a bunch of times and having as my moty, george w bush posted this list of takeda and kasai matches that all rule. plus takeda/kodaka of course

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Takeda vs. Jun Kasai from Freedoms
Takeda vs Ryuji Ito from BJW Death Vegas
Takeda vs. Takumi Tsukamoto from BJW 1/2
Jun Kasai vs Takashi Sasaki from Freedoms Road to Blood Xmas
Takeda vs. Masaya Takahashi from Ryogokutan
Takeda vs. Abdullah Kobayashi from BJW in May
Takeda vs. Alex Colon in GCW
Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Iizuka from TakaTaichiMania

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there any good deathmatch stuff on Powerbomb/IWTV? There's a bunch of old CZW stuff but doesn't look like anything recent, and I feel like older CZW stuff could probably be pretty hit or miss. For some reason I have a hankering for deathmatch wrestling today.

there are a couple lucha deathmatch promotions on there

https://independentwrestling.tv/promotion/zona-23
https://independentwrestling.tv/promotion/DTU

also iwa:ms king of the deathmatch 1997 and its worth clicking around the iwa:ms/czw shows if you see something interesting on the card

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

oliver and yd&b are so extremely hateable, i hope that translates to mlw's boring-rear end tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1107779869973381120

the wcw-rear end cover of jane in the announcement video owns