Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Any Australian/Melbourne goons here who've been to PCW shows? I just got tickets to my first on July 30th because Ricochet is appearing. Anyone know what the quality of PCW is like in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
By perfect large boy Jonah Rock is making his BOLA debut and I am excited.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
You're either there in the room or you buy the DVDs in a couple of months.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

rovert posted:

Expect him in New Japan eventually.

Oh hell yes.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Testekill posted:

Sounds like there's more developing with the Melbourne City Wrestling-New Japan partnership. At MCW7 today TMDK member Slex called out NJPW for a match at the show taking place in November. Since MCW 7 is a double header (it's the seventh anniversary) they'll probably announce it tomorrow.

RAAAAIIIIINNNNMMMMAAAAAAKKKKEEERRRRRRRRR

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I saw Ricochet wrestle ZSJ in Melbourne tonight and it was the best match I’ve ever seen in person and I’m very happy right now.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I've been thinking about adding one of the UK indies to my rotation. They all seem to have pretty affordable on-demand services from what I can tell. Which is the best of Progress, RevPro and ICW? I was leaning toward Progress.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for the info. I have the WWE Network, NJPW World and Melbourne City Wrestling (my local) at the moment so I think I'll go with Progress.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

How is MCW? I just moved here in October and wanted to try and check it out. Is it in the city or some other suburb? And when should one purchase a ticket to a show?

It's great. A lot of really good wrestlers working there at the moment. Adam Brooks and Jonah Rock both hold MCW belts and recently worked PWG. The two venues they run most often are the Thornbury Theatre and a smaller place in Essendon. I'm going to their end of year show on December 16th in Thornbury. I think for most shows you can safely get a ticket up til the day of the show if they don't have a big international appearing, but it's getting more popular all the time so that might change soon.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I watched Progress Chapters 9 and 10 and holy poo poo that Jimmy Havoc angle was so good. The end of 10 was intense as hell.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I have another Progress question. Does the commentary change at some point? As of Chapter 12 it’s just been this one guy and he has absolutely zero energy or enthusiasm.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Doors are at 6:30 and as far as I'm aware you can't buy tickets at the door until then.

I've only ever bought tickets in advance so I'm not sure how early people line up, sorry!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Testekill posted:

They're generally still available at the door but they're just going to be standing room tickets.
Obviously you wouldn't have gotten tickets at the door when Okada wrestled there but generally you can rock up and buy them.

I'm really looking forward to it, especially since Toni Storm was added. Great looking card.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Dr. Dirt posted:

I’ve just found out my mates can’t make it tonight, unfortunately. I’ll be there, so if anyone wants to meet up, look for a guy in a gray MCW t-shirt and a white hat.

I woulda said hi if I saw this earlier! What a great show that was, though. One of the best I’ve been to.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Testekill posted:

Moved up to Brisbane last year so been out of the loop for MCW, what happened?

quote:

Melbourne City Wrestling ''Final Battle'' results
December 16, 2017
Thornbury Theatre
Thornbury, VIC

*Cave Man Ugg & The Jurassic Punk - Syd Parker (w/ Erika Reid - Pro Wrestler) def. The Brat Pack (Mitch Waterman & Nick Bury - Pro Wrestler w/Avary) to become the new MCW Tag Team Champions

*Toni Storm def. Shazza McKenzie Pro Wrestler to retain the PROGRESS Wrestling Women's Championship

*Johnathan Preston def. Emmanuel

*Lochy Hendricks - Pro Wrestler def. KrackerJak, putting an end to Krackers' career [Four Stages Of Hell]

*Helter Skelter (Cousin Ali - Pro Wrestler & Jake Andrewartha w/Julian James) def. JUICE-X-T (JXT & Mr Juicy - Gino Gambino)

*Indi Hartwell def. Kellyanne - Professional Wrestler

*Robbie Eagles def. Adam Brooks to become the new MCW Intercommonwealth and PWA Heavyweight Champion

*Dowie James def. Jonah Rock to become the new MCW Heavyweight Champion

Really just a great lineup of quality matches all round, but the highlights:

Seeing Toni Storm was a real treat.

Krackers vs Lochy was brutal. Barbed wire, tacks, bed of nails. Ended with Lochy smashing a cinder block on Krackers’ stomach with a sledge hammer while he was laying on the bed of nails. This was for Krackers’ career so he got an emotional standing ovation as he left. I’ve never seen a hardcore match like that in person before and while it was a lot of fun, I wouldn’t want to see them too often.

Robbie vs Brooksy was just an amazing match. Probably 30+ mins and they tore the roof off the place.

The main event was a really well booked big man vs small man cage match. Dowie took some insane bumps including a missed moonsault from the top of the cage and a power bomb with Jonah standing on the top rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Dr. Baker posted:

What is The Product's out of ring behavior?

Calling out gross, blatant antisemitism.