Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You forgot to mention the part where MASADA got a bye to the next round because his opponent was injured, Zandig comes out rolls him up in less than a 1 minute match then advances directly to the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bigass Moth posted:

Does Ian rotten still run iwa mid south because they're really close to me.
Kinda? Don't buy tickets unless you're at the door as the show is starting because I think he's run a couple scam shows where people bought tickets, he canceled, and they weren't refunded.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

Liger's way cooler than Ibushi anyway, and much more likely to care about having good matches at BOLA

Plus Ibushi could be signed already for all we know
Ibushi doesn't have an off switch, he'll take stupid head bumps in front of 30 people

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The_Rob posted:

70 bucks is honestly a lot though. I agree we should be paying good money for good wrestling, and if it keeps going up all they are doing is pricing more and more people out of their shows. Not to mention its 70 bucks for a ticket you'll probably spend like 20 bucks on beer 25 on a t shirt. It's a lot for every month. I'm fine if it's just for bola, they are bringing in lots of big names I just hope this isn't the new standard.
BOLA is the Wrestlemania of the indies and if I had the opportunity to go I'd absolutely pay that much and not bat an eye. You're guaranteed three nights of the best wrestling in the world and that money helps them bring in the best wrestlers in the world.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gabe's common theme in booking is running something into the ground so hard people stop showing up to shows. He wonders why Meltzer doesn't recommend his shows but the last time I tried actually watching a bunch of Evolve it was nothing but one hour matches with 30 false finishes and Jon Davis.

I mean, he struck gold with that Mercury Rising iPPV and then ran that poo poo into the ground too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Irie is cool and deserves a lot of credit for taking Kota Ibushi's crazy loving move that makes the Burning Hammer look like a headlock

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

IWA Mid-south doesn't have a single star anymore. CM Punk was the biggest ever IWAMS star and he got his rear end handed to him tonight

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Assuming he's cleared... :rip: :v:

(e: Ali's head hit the railings HARD tonight at AAW, they had to cancel the match. He's okay, mild concussion according to him.)

I approve of Sami Callihan, Lucha Mask Hunter.
Tell me more about this, because back when Callihan had joined NXT and they never had anything for him, I thought bounty hunter ala TNA Samoa Joe would have been such a cool gimmick. Especially back when they were just unmasking lucha guys for no reason (Like Dr Lucha). It would have been really cool to have seen someone like Cien come in and lose his mask in a feud with Callihan if they were planning on unmasking him anyway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Callahan is a goon and stole my booking idea

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Maybe one day why this was delayed for so long will come out.
Why even bring it up

oatgan posted:

we're friends
Was it Sumie Siaki or a different woman because they're around each other a whole lot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I can't wait for next world champion, Gran Akuma

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gabe is still a petty man. He went through and blocked everyone that followed that Gabe parody account years ago in spite.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deej seems like a pretty intellegent, well-spoken guy but I don't know many who's a bigger mark for themselves than he is. Low-Ki? At least DJ doesn't have a bad attitude about things.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Raven, HHH, and Bret Hart have to be in the running. Unless you mean strictly on the indies.
I mean on the indies, or in Low-Ki's case never made it in the WWE. Chris Hero came into NXT as one of the best wrestlers in the world, it didn't work out, and he's on the indies again but he's still one of the most humble guys I've ever talked to

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Just got the email for the annual PWG 5 for $40 deal. What's the 5 best PWG DVDs from the last year?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Seriously he's lost his last five matches in five different promotions. Also had three recent title matches as promoters maybe getting one last big job out of him.
The rumors were he was rubbing coaches wrong in NXT by giving people advice while they felt like he hadn't paid his dues in the WWE right? Specifically coaches that aren't even in the WWE anymore. That, and they thought he wasn't taking things seriously because he couldn't keep his weight down.

I understand why people think he looks like poo poo since he doesn't carry his weight like Owens does but Hero might have better cardio than anyone on the main roster except for Cesaro, Cena, Styles, and some of the Cruiserweights.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 6, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

He was burying a coach / coaches in private and someone in the locker room narced on him.
Wait you mean sticking hot dogs in people's bums, making people do dangerous drills, and forcing people to work through their injuries or risk being called a pussy wasn't effective training??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I knew Colby was in trouble when they described what he had on him as paraphernalia. It's always hardcore poo poo when they use that terminology.

I'd be stunned if Hero came back. He'd have to lose a lot of weight, like 50-75 lbs. I personally don't care how much he weighs but WWE obviously does.
They probably care so much because if he were in great shape, he'd look a lot like the "WWE Guy" like Triple H or Roman Reigns, and he's one of the best in the world at wrestling, and is a good talker too. He's got height, looks good with long hair, and his beard doesn't look like poo poo. They want him to look like a superstar

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My friend, you do not have to sell me on Chris Hero's greatness. The only guy keeping him from BITW is AJ Styles.
I'm just saying from a WWE perspective maybe they think they could have gotten a lot of mileage out of him if he were in better physical shape. Samoa Joe is heavy too, but he's always been like that and he carries his weight well. They don't want to start putting too many overweight average looking guys like Kevin Owens on TV because it makes the company look less like superstars?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Nothing like Chris Hero or anything. Just he's signed with FloSlam and WWE can call him up at will.
I remember when we thought that Triple H cutting a deal with Gabe was supposed to be a bigger deal and there was this idea that talent would constantly be traded around to his EVOLVE shows but it only seems like guys that ended up working there were guys that were kind of just there. Is there any chance that spot could get a little bigger and NXT could send over guys kind of waiting to start or floundering in NXT because of so many signings, or are they concerned that they won't get the right type of re-training in Evolve?

Or has Gabe already burned that bridge somehow

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why stop at one last match? Put Chris Hero in the PWG Gauntlet and have him fight 8 guys

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why's that a youtube video? Wrestlers do that in their free time anyway. I'm still blocked by Gabe because I followed that parody account 7 years ago

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oatgan posted:

other than a gross brawl that's about the online Abyss match I could be into
I can easily see this turning into a "Joey Ryan deathmatch" involving gummy bears and jolly ranchers until someone finally pulls out barbed wire for the last spot

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I really hope WWE cuts a deal like that in Japan and sends back Hideo Itami so he stops getting injured in freak accidents in house shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

multilingual seems to mean google translate like njpw world
I hope Michael Nakazawa solo commentates the whole thing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

The showrunner said on an interview this week that they want to start setting up licenses for the talent to be able to use their LU gimmicks at other indies. Which would make sense, that way they can protect their IP, and still keep the workers happy, and get free advertising. That's why I was curious how AAW were billing Cuerno, I thought it was probably too early for those agreements to be in place yet, but it was possible.
Pentagon Dark is a stupid name and his gimmick isn't any different than Pentagon Jr though, it's a silly thing to fight over. I can see some of the more exclusive gimmicks, Cobb isn't out on the indies running his Lucha Underground gimmick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PWG could use mattresses in an apartment and still put on the best show of the month.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

After 15 long years Chuck Taylor is almost finally King of the Indies

And i think the only guy from the IWA MS glory days that hasn't had a WWE contract

e: Chris Daniels. Quackenbush was/is a guest trainer and Eddie Kingston blew a contract.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

WWE shoulda signed Necro dammit what could have gone wrong
Honestly at Necro's peak, he could have been a brawler type like Luke Harper and it would have been just fine.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

I would have loved to see Necro punching some WWE faces, but his legal troubles and near-constant weed smoking would have gotten him fired almost immediately.

Remind me how that happened?
I don't recall if it was ever made public or not, but he ended up working for TNA at around the same time. If I had to guess his hosed up knees wouldn't help him pass a physical.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jason Kincaid is up there with Chris Hero as far as being one of the nicest guys I've met in wrestling and I'm glad to see someone from that bumblefuck MSW doing really well for himself :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

zack is a babyface
Just because he wears a diaper does not make him a good boy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/833421699743875077

They're finally bringing in the big Japanese names

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone tell Wrestle Circus the best way to catch attention for their show at SXSW is to put up posters. Posters close to anywhere people piss, which in Austin is just about anywhere on 6th street except an actual bathroom

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What happened to all those UK indies + Gabe working with NXT and having their shows up on the WWE Network?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i must conclude that oi4k was booked as a tag before dave got injured, but they were also just announced to face the bucks at roh
Irish Airborne are one of the weirdest success stories for me because I would always see them in no name indies in WV all the time. It'd be like if Facade or Jason Kincaid became king of the indies.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well don't look now, but Kincaid has also been on the come-up over the last few months
Until he puts on a 4* match in PWG or NJPW he's nothing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I still think it's unironically funny that they keep saying they're not begging for money but why else would you ever open a Patreon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've met nicer Nazis than OneHourTees employees tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pro Wrestling Tees are petty babies but I don't really see how to blame them here. They handled it exactly right.
How could anyone see how they handled this when they blocked almost every goon like 3 years ago in spite