Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/962099498330836994

This. This seems like a bit of a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Announcing CM Punk for a meet and greet the night before All In right before tickets for All In goes on sale is smart, because it puts the idea that Punk could appear at All In in people's heads without explicitly spoiling it, so if it does happen, it's still a big moment.

Having said that, if Punk doesn't appear at All In itself somehow, you're gonna have some mad fans and Chicago ain't exactly a great place to have a bunch of wrestling fans mad at you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

If CM Punk was going to be there, it'd be in a bigger arena and they'd make a deal of it just to gently caress with WWE.

Nah, that's what you do the next time out.

If this goes the way Cody wants it to, then this will sell 10k and prove him and everybody else who bet on it right and then All In 2: All Innier in 2019 will have Punk and Bryan and sell out the Staples Center or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is there any way possible for
A) Cody and the Bucks to get what they want out of this
B) The secondary market to take a bath

Cause that's what I'm rooting for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

They cancel and resell the obvious scalper tickets?

Okay, I am ALL IN on this possibility.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do we know that this was all 10000 tickets or just a first wave?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And it's a match we likely won't get in NJPW anytime soon. Nice.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thinking about it a little more, it'll be a really great match I'm sure, but it's actually a match NJPW could book pretty easily, just by having Scurll start punching above his weight class, like Devitt did once (which might already be happening, he seems to be setting up a feud with Tanahashi?).

I kinda wish Okada could be wrestling somebody that's not from NJPW, the more I think about it. What about Okada vs. Penta? That woulda been pretty cool.

...is Riddle announced? I think I've been taking it for granted that he is but now that I think about it I dunno.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If $25 sounds more doable to you than $40 for All In, the Cultaholic boys are offering a $15 credit to FITE TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbrbuRQTUA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do we know how many buys All In did yet?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There any way to stream that AAW show?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ohohohoooooooo yeah straight into my veins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That seems like something I should watch.

I keep meaning to watch AAW, but I just can't find the time and wherewithal. I guess I should get off my rear end and do it since I'm not gonna be able to enjoy ACH a lot longer. :[

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 25, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dunno if this goes here, but,

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1067502075972648960?s=19

Gosh, who could've seen this coming.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So apparently Trent Seven was pulled off a show for his own freakin' promotion. :laffo:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

-We are sorry to inform you that Impact Wrestling has pulled LAX off the upcoming EVOLVE dates. EVOLVE officials were contacted by LAX and informed that they were needed for something else that weekend. No other explanation was given. Impact Wrestling didn't contact EVOLVE officials and left it up to LAX. There is no heat on LAX as WWN understands the situation they were put in. EVOLVE officials had told LAX that the plan was to have matches with EVOLVE Tag Team Champions The Street Profits of Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins that weekend. EVOLVE was informed that LAX would not be able to lose in those matches. In order to avoid any political issues, EVOLVE made one night a triple threat match and the other night a six man tag. This would give the fans the LAX vs. Street Profits matches they wanted, while protecting all parties politically. Unfortunately, Impact Wrestling waited until the matches were announced and then pulled the talent the next day. This all could have easily been avoided by not allowing LAX to take the dates in the first place. EVOLVE will no longer consider booking Impact Wrestling contracted talent moving forward. EVOLVE officials are currently working on a replacement and will have news early next week. We apologize for the lineup change, but assure you that EVOLVE will produce something special on for EVOLVE 117 December 15th in Queens, NY and EVOLVE 118 on December 16th in Deer Park, NY. Thank you for your support.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Story-Behind-Impact-Pulling-LAX-Off-EVOLVE-Plus-More.html?soid=1103872774606&aid=k6rYMu8jXPs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*extremely futuristic chrome voice*

code:
In the dark hellscape cyber future of 2019 the only wrestling that exists is WWE, NXT, NXT UK, NXT Brazil and NXT The Moon 
but one man will fight back against the Connecticut hordes and their WWE RoboUniverse to save the future for us all 

This Summer

LA Park Is

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
ronpaulitshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1069350013325717507

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JustinSysum/status/1070354912561778688

Immediately followed by:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cass, it was very inconsiderate of you to remind me that you're a human being and make it harder to mock what a bad person you are.