Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I'm attending Scenic City Invitational right now, hanging at the hotel. Matt Riddle is a cool dude. Any other goons here? Definitely some goony looking fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Oh poo poo I think I was sitting behind you tonight. Unless there was another dude with a vest that said Skunkrocker.

Gunner vs Riddle and Janela vs Darby were the matches of the weekend

I SAVED THE DEWS!

Yeah, that was me.

Also someone at the hotel last night name dropped Rovert, that was cool. Super bummed I'm gonna miss SUP tonight but eh... what can you do when you got a day job?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh, no poo poo he was on the CZW card? The guy is a goddamn trooper, for real. Wrestled at SCI on friday. CZW Saturday. SUP sunday. Please tell me he's resting today.

Janela is a really super cool dude. He sat with me and a couple of other marks and Gary Jay at a dinner after round one of SCI. We talked synthwave for a bit. Was kind of hoping he'd listen to some of my WIP music, but I was too star struck to ask. :suicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

so what I learned here is that a lot of people aren't familiar at all with Joey Janela

No, not really, just seen his work in the ring a bit. Is he a poo poo lord or something?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

oatgan posted:

A comment on the people outraged at that silly spot not him as a person

Oh. That makes much more sense.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Mob posted:

He was supposed to work both nights of SCI but Lio requested him for CZW and apparently CZW covered his whole travel for the weekend to make up for it

He looked like death warmed over on Sunday at SUP but at least he resurrected country music

Yeah, I didn't know it was CZW but we did discuss the travel arrangements.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Not really. Tank did a shoot interview now that he is retired and poo poo on a bunch of people. Steve Dave brought condoms hoping to bed a ring rat. Everyone still hates Paul Lee.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Refresh my memory, I was day drinking Saturday and Tank and Iceberg told a lot of stories.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Carnies are great. That Canadian Destroyer move is great, when executed properly. Maybe whoever in 1% beefed it?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, that's what it's called. The Tombstone variant is the IOU1 Driver.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your Parents posted:

how much do you know about chikara? if I wanted to be a dumb idiot and work for quack how much is it gonna cost to get trained etc. I turned 30 this year and want to be in a ring before I die even if im bad

Check it out, I'm 32 and I've been training for five months now. Every training session I get a little bit better. I'm not ring ready yet, but it's going really fantastic. School I'm going to is about 900 a year, and they take weekly payments so if you can't show up for a class you're not out the money. A lot of schools are doing that now. It's a small indy school, and there are a ton of those. Honestly the best one I know of that is producing the best guys on the indies right now is Crux Wrestling in Tennessee, but I never get to get out there ever. Some of the bigger and better schools, like Steel Domain and The Academy, going to cost WAAAY more... Academy is 2950 for 8 months! BUT keep in mind you get trained by Ken loving Anderson for that much. Same goes for Quackenbush's Wrestle Factory; I don't know how much it costs, but the trainers are all stars including Chuck Taylor and Drew Gulak, so you know it's going to be A. expensive, and B. worth it.

By the way, just fyi from someone who has been doing this for a bit... everyone is going to go on about bumps and how much they suck. When you actually start doing bumps correctly and learn them? Bumps are going to become so second nature you're not going to care. Every time you back bump you're going to be like "Give me another!" You know what really sucks? Strikes. I've been doing bumps for months, have accidentally spiked myself a couple of times, my flip bumps are still terrible and I finally am doing good butt bumps that don't hurt my rear end anymore. None of that has ever hurt as much as getting popped with a stiff as gently caress forearm and feeling one of your ribs break.

BY THE WAY, who all is going to SCI this weekend?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

I am indeed.

Holla at yo boy, tonight I'll be at the hotel in an Allie Kat shirt. :catdrugs:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

SCI and SUP are finally done and behind us, it was a great year and I enjoyed myself immensely. Thanks Sub Rosa for the compliment, buy wrestling chocolate from them! Congrats to Joey Lynch, 2018 SCI Champion!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Sooo... I got a Powerbomb TV account. What should I be watching? Not just for entertainment, but like... I wanna get better as a worker, so what shows have really good production values and talent?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Beyond would be good, albeit Drew isnt the type of guy to overboard on production.

Just get used to most of the shows having no security barricades and fans packed onto leaning on the apron because that's a major part of the aesthetic (that and Bro Hymn)

Ha! Sounds like SUP.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Hey, if you are anywhere near the Chattanooga area make plans to be here friday! You do NOT want to miss this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Boco_T posted:

Are Alan Angels and Cole Radrick also appearing?

I didn't even notice the second Angels, but I did tell Kerry about the second Cole.