Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/986304603347144704?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Britt Baker and Jay Lethal are All In

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

Yeah I haven't skipped a show in a long time and this might be one I pass on. Assume a lot of regulars are going to be either in Japan or en route for Dominion since that show is about a week later.

E: Well two weeks, but point might still stand if there are Road To shows leading up to it.

BOSJ will be ongoing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Avoiding getting hyped by this by telling myself they wouldn't announce the meet and greet before hand if he was gonna be part of the show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ospreay/Riddle was my favourite match of WM weekend so I'm excited to see that again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Your Parents posted:

It's the best zsj match I've ever seen so I'm really looking forward to the rematch yeah

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

More importantly

https://twitter.com/Starrcast18/status/994742558449389569?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Your Parents posted:

No, Matt Riddle vs ZSJ for that belt was genuinely a loving incredible match. It's the only time I've seen Sabre look like he actually has to work for his holds and isn't letting people out on purpose to show off. He doesn't even do his stupid noogie offense where someone has to sell for him rubbing their side or belly so lightly their skin doesn't even depress in this match

I meant that you were responding to me talking about an upcoming Matt Riddle vs Will Ospreay match.

Anyway, looks like Vince Russo's invite to All In was quickly rescinded when Cody got wind of it

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/995169670285156352?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Boco_T posted:

Nick Aldis has to get through “The Gifted” Isaiah Frazier at next month’s NOVA Pro show (same one with Gage vs PCO on 6/8) if he wants to make it to All In
Is this gonna stream on Powerbomb.TV

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenny/Mysterio is probably the most interesting match up they could do with who's announced. They don't need to worry about making sure the matches are big draws so they can focus on making the show as good as possible but I still think that'd be a top quality match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OTT put Ospreay/Riddle up for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-1AcF60mM

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

So does Chikara have a solid streaming service? Like is it worthwhile and practical to subscribe for a few months and binge the last few years because some of that sounds kind of fun and interesting.

Similarly, is anyone familiar with the CZW streaming service? I was binging some older CZW a year ago and more or less enjoying it so I've been thinking of doing the same binge subscription thing with them. But I got the impression the CZW service wasn't terrible well stocked or organized.

And are there any other companies who have services with banked years that are worth binging? I know NJPW but I like my english commentary. And ROH but it sounds like they don't have a lot of their stuff. WWN but it doesn't seem like they do much worth watching. There's the FiteApp but that seems like single purchases, not a monthly service fee thing. Anything else?

NJPW has English commentary.

The early years of Progress are really good story wise and the wrestling is great too and everything they've done is up there. Recent stuff is still great in ring but the stories haven't been as engaging. wXw has some quality stuff and some real hidden gems in the archives and English commentary on their newer stuff. On their weekly show, any German promos are subtitled into English and it's about 50/50 between guys speaking English and guys speaking German. Stardom doesn't have commentary at all but all promos are subtitled into English.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1005167185193586688?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Booking Teddy Hart is surely worse than booking Rich Swann?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder if CIMA is going to bring his OWE boys for a non-tournament match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I thought WALTER signed with WWE.

Not to my knowledge but Travis Banks definitely has and is in the tournament.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's his birthday next week so that's probably why.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

There are a bunch of visa issues with them. He tried to bring a bunch to Australia and Las Vegas and that fell through. Gao Jingjia and Scorpio X2 are the only ones that even have Japanese visas (and that was because it was done pre-split.

Didn't he do a show in Vegas with them?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Man, let's get off this train. Are there any (good) free matches out there that one should check out?

This Matt Riddle vs. Mia Yim match is one of the better intergender matches I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvYKR3TQbE

Here's Sammy Guevara vs. Speedball Mike Bailey from DDT's most recent Korakuen show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GULL9E6nClg

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why are you checking if fascists are involved when the original poster already said there were?

deadkiller615 posted:

Edit --- I guess it has some sort of ROH affiliation?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's the general consensus on Sammy Guevara? Because he's been extremely good as a member of Irie-gun on this DDT tour.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The smarmy heel stuff is definitely coming through in DDT. He's in a team with their champion, Irie and Facade and Jason Kincaid. They've got this great scummy, smarmy aesthetic going on.

Thanks for the answers, was wondering if it was worth keeping tabs on him after his tour is finished. He's got a match coming up with Kota Umeda on DDT's development show and Umeda has been one of the best wrestlers this year so that should be a great one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RockstarProWres/status/1022286707474030593?s=19

For anyone living close to Dayton, Ohio, Irie is really good and it's not often you'll get to see a KO-D title defence.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Omega/Penta feels like it has to happen based off them being the obvious guys left out of that match.

Omega/Lethal is the only other option I can think of with announced talent because ROH still needs to have their champion lose convincingly to the IWGP champion this year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Your Parents posted:

how much do you know about chikara? if I wanted to be a dumb idiot and work for quack how much is it gonna cost to get trained etc. I turned 30 this year and want to be in a ring before I die even if im bad

The Bodyguard just won the All Asia Heavyweight Championship at age 50 and started wrestling at age 41. You've got time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He can join Shigehiro Irie's gang of American misfits in DDT.

Speaking of which Sami Callihan is defending the KO-D title against Irie on August 8th in RockstarPro for that one goon who wanted to go last time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here's the match where Sami won the KO-D title for free

https://twitter.com/RockstarProWres/status/1026990197718827008?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The dream would be them getting Suzuki again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Almost definitely. Last time he was already in the US for Wrestlecon. According to Meltzer, his foreign bookings are done through NJPW too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

2 big news items from DDT

Sept 23 ALL OUT is fighting Sabu, the returning Jun Kasai, and a mystery partner

And Oct 21 at Ryogoku Peter Pan 2018 in Sumo Hall, Super Sasadango Machine takes on Andreza Giant Panda

Jun Kasai also announced that he's signed as a DDT regular starting on September 4th.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Was Curtis the one who replaced Devlin?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cory Lidle posted:

OTT is smart enough not to match Satomura with Moth, right?

She's teaming with The Rascalz against More Than Hype.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jun Kasai and Daisuke Sasaki are having a feud revolving around them blocking each other on Twitter in DDT and just had an elbow exchange where they yelled "unblock me" at each other as the elbows connected.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah neither signed with WWE UK

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

He's right in that untrained part but the other problem was oversaturation, when hardcore is just every match everytime it loses any chance of being a thing. Compare with Gargano v Ciampa which are not the most extreme matches you'll ever seen but given the stakes and the feud it feels like a real blood feud even though they never gig - its a blood feud without blood and still feels brutal.

Complaining about deathmatches because of "oversaturation" and then turning around and praising the horrifically overexposed Gargano/Ciampa shitfest that would have been good if it ended after the first match is a real trip.

Masashi Takeda has probably been in more deathmatches than those two clowns have looked at their hands and wondered how they could possibly be so violent between them and he's been one of the best wrestlers this year while they couldn't gently caress off soon enough.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I love gargano vs ciampa specifically because it's loving cornball. How could anyone be against that.

It's the bad type of cornball where it takes the melodrama seriously and it suffers for it. Good cornball is when it's in on the joke. I wouldn't hate it so much if people didn't treat it as the pinnacle of what wrestling should be.

Lid posted:

I'm just as confused as you are. I didn't realise there was deathmatch elitism, hell the one in AAA TripleMania was goofy as all hell and I don't remember these deathmatch Jim.Cornettes coming out to call on the purity of their avant garde performance art.

Nobody's holding up the AAA match as being the best thing in wrestling and not overexposed while making GBS threads on actual good stuff.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Seriously that poo poo is why there’s a million fuckin Sharknado movies and boy nearly enough Miami Connections

There's a difference between being funny bad and being corny nonsense. Gargano/Ciampa isn't The Room, it's a lovely Oscar bait movie that devolved into cringeworthy melodrama after a good opening act.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd like to see GCW use their BJW ties to have a BJW show on there, or at least some BJW guys on the cards that run. Masashi Takeda deserves a breakout Wrestlemania weekend so that people can appreciate how good he is and not carry on in their broken brained "deathmatch wrestling is for poo poo wrestlers" takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shigehiro Irie has left DDT to spend more time overseas, so anyone in the Midwest, keep an eye out for him as he'll probably start showing up there a lot.

abraham linksys posted:

I believe Gabe already confirmed on Twitter WWN wouldn't be running anything on Saturday, which makes sense between NXT and ROH+NJPW.

drat now I won't be able to make hilarious jokes about watching Style Battle when Takeover/Supercard is on.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 25, 2018