Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AIW has added FLAMITA to this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's a shoot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sickle weasel

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sami Callihan is defending the AAW title against Tommy End at some UK indie show. Odd but I guess they wanna show off that new gold.

Pentagon also taped a promo challenging Sami for the belt and saying he was gonna take it to Mexico.

edit they announced the drago match

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 17, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

if AAW's title is defended overseas they can claim its a World Title. Buut I think that only matters to me and few other nerds that really care about title presentation.

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/732778875831259136

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody wanna roast that guys appearance for like 30 posts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

He looks like I imagine Super No Vacancy looks in his own minds eye despite being nowhere near that attractive in real life.

a simple no would have sufficed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

guessing at this point it'll be Aerostar/Ciampa

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the merionette park venue is really snazzy now tho and beer is assuredly much cheaper

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/734533493695336449

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok I got a few minutes to kill

Sami Callihan/Dave Crist vs. Eddie Kingston/Homicide
Drago vs. Chris Hero
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano
AR Fox(c) vs. Aerostar - AAW Heritage championship
Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega(c) vs. The Hooligans - AAW Tag Team championship
Tommaso Ciampa issues an open challenge
Also appearing good lord: Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Silas Young, Moose, Candice LeRae, Heidi Lovelace, Jessica Havok, Kimber Lee, Kongo Kong

Fitchett/Vega are defending the AAW tag belts at "VIP Wrestling" on 6/10 against Graham Bell and Luke Langley
Sami Callihan beat John Skyler in a title vs. title match at "PWX Wrestling" on the 21st and has their world title now
He'll defend the AAW title against Tommy End at Southside Wrestling in England on 7/10

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 26, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jeff should wrestle Liger as WILLOW

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was it Highly Questionable

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody should throw papi through a flaming truckbed of glass imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tonight is the last night to order advance tix for

also Jessica Havok vs. Kimber Lee; Candice Lerae, Heidi Lovelace, Scarlett Bordeaux

Fenix and Pentagon Jr. have been announced for their July 23 show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cory Lidle posted:

Boy, Bordeaux sure is the "one of these things is not like the others" in that grouping.

she just manages afaik, I expect she will be with the hoverboard guy connor braxton in the opener. only time I've seen her work a match around here was the roh hoopla show for mike bennett's bachelor party

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does rovert design their posters

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/status/743787796784111616

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sort of depends on how official you need a confirmation to be.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sami won in the main and there was one corner of the crowd that had come to see the luchadores and had a mexican flag and poo poo and starting cheering for pentagon since pentagon challenges next month and sami just got on the mic and said he's gonna beat pentagon and when trump is elected you all are gonna be deported anyway. pretty standard heeling but effective and thats gonna be a hot match. the lucha guys draw well for aaw and it was another 600+ full house and people bring mexican flags and airhorns and stuff and its a pretty cool atmosphere!

i'll post some results and impressions later it was another really good show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well ciampa calling scarlett a slut got a face reaction and chant so you win some you lose some

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good poster and lol because the mexican will be the big time babyface

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aight AAW Killers Among Us results

gregory irons is on commentary because prazak and the other guy were elsewhere. he cut a promo about being on american ninja warrior

kongo kong/desmond xavier d. markus crane/shane hollister, connor braxton/eddie machete and candice lerae/heidi lovelace with kongo pinning eddie machete. good opener with lots of people in the mix. xavier originally came out with someone else as his tag partner but kongo laid them out and took their place. scarlett was with the braxton/machete team, and they were announced as the first graduates of the black and brave wrestling school which is seth rollins' gym, so that makes sense i think scarlett trains there some. crowd was big into candice and kongo and braxton also gets big reactions for his comedy hoverboard spots. after the match kongo laid out his partner too, then scarlett got on the mic and berated her team for losing then said they were issuing an open challenge.

ciampa came out, called her a slut, said he didnt know who the other guys were, but basically he was the one doing an open challenge tonight and people were gonna be pissed if they were his opponents haha. so he ran them off

josh alexander made his return as the mystery opponent. pretty good reaction for the walking weapon though it was clear a lot of people started coming to shows after his title reign. he and ciampa had a p good match that built steadily. josh sold his neck a lot and ciampa asked him a couple times if it was ok. ciampa won and gave josh the ring for a welcome back and thank you chant

havok d. kimber lee. i missed most of this. after the match havok kept beating on kimber and heidi ran out for the save. havok laid her out and said that she was next

silas young d. drew gulak. gulak sang along to silas' entrance music while waiting for him. silas is very over and gets a equally loud cheers and boos. he cut a promo about how we're so stupid we cheer him for calling us stupid etc. and drew is a technical expert but he's the measuring stick. match was built around gulak taking off silas' knee brace and then both dudes wrestling over the brace and incorporating it into a bunch of submissions and chokes. good change of pace and interesting structure

fitchett/vega d. the hooligans to retain the aaw tag titles

i think hero vs drago was here? couple good exchanges but it was funny they did the whole chain wrestling to flippy escapes to kips to simultaneous dropkicks spots and drago couldnt keep up and botched the dropkick lol. hero being the professional that he is salvaged the exchange by straight punching him in the face when they would typically do the square-off. good reactions for this one since as i've said the lucha guys draw the hispanic crowd so some good dueling chants and poo poo. hero elbowed his head off for the win and then raised his hand and people threw money although i think its really just people enjoying the money throwing gimmick more than it being an excellent match

ar fox d aerostar in like a 5-minute match to defend the heritage championship. the show ended up ending after midnight so im guessing this just ended up being where they had to cut for time. fitchett came out afterward and said he pinned ar fox last month (tag match with vega and moose) so he wanted a shot at the belt. ar fox accepted for next month, vega came out and was all annoying about fitchett having his priorities wrong. aerostar stood in the ring, they shoulda formed aerofox right then imo

trevor lee d. moose, cedric alexander and andrew everett. one of the more fun matches i've seen this year. the whole crowd was very into everyone from the beginning but especially trevor. they did a dance-off to begin since no one could resist the tswift entrance. then everyone exited the ring to match of the year chants etc., all pretty charming. then everyone re-entered the ring and they did an 8-minute sprint of crazy sequences and dives. cedric is ripppppped right now so i revoke my post from a couple months ago where i said he wouldn't make 205 for the CWC. trevor came off the balcony and ended up getting the pin on moose in his farewell match

zsj d. johnny gargano. both guys very over. zsj got into it with some old dude in the front row who was yelling about the UK sucking or something i dunno so zsj made a point of doing all these painful submissions while jawing with that guy. so there were some good chants directed at that guy like THIS IS YOUR FAULT etc. really good match

main event was dave crist and sami callihan vs. homicide and eddie kingston. great atmosphere for this one with eddie and homicide coming out to uncle murda and poo poo. spilled into the crowd almost immediately, pretty much on top of me. homicide did a dive into the crowd and i may be exaggerating but i was p drunk but i think i caught him and stopped him from bowling over the little kid next to me lol. homicide was like ARE YOU OK to the kid and he was so homicide picked him up over his head to celebrate lol. then they took our beer bucket and sami and eddie sat on chairs and exchanged headshots with it. they then proceed to brawl all the way through the room which you can pretty much bank on in these eddie/sami matches. did another bar spot, homicide and crist fought up to the balcony i think. homicide got a hold of samis manager jt davidson and gave him the full forking on the apron and dude bladed and bled all over the place. jake crist came from the crowd i think so he and dave fought eddie to the back. not sure people recognized him until people started chanting OI4K. sami took the opportunity to hit his finish on homicide for the win. sami got on the mic and talked poo poo and then there was the exchange about pentagon jr i posted above. fun match, fun show

july is sami v pentagon, ar fox vs fitchett, other announced talent thus far is gargano, ciampa, fenix, everett, lee, zsj and the aaw debut of MARTY SCURLL BABY

they announced another 600+ person full house

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/744042483865260032
https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/743882443409752064

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/DWWrestling/status/745681359855714308

gonna presume that means appearance/signing and not a match for the time being

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/747592475972239360

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wonder why they havent been booking any of the LU guys for the other quasi-monthly shows its not like theyre not taking other dates

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/751548076347781120

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they also have bluray now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

be forewarned i am about two shows away from making very provocative statements about aaw relative to pwg

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do it at bourbon street baby aw yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

week from tomorrow

Sami Callihan v. Pentagon Jr. - AAW (World?) Championship
Zack Sabre Jr. v. Cedric Alexander
Marty Scurll v. Fenix
Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa v. Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett
AR Fox v. Mat Fitchett - AAW Heritage Championship
Ohio Is 4 Killers v. The Hooligans
Silas Young v. Josh Alexander
Jessica Havok v. Heidi Lovelace

also appearing: Colt Cabana, Davey Vega

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

While I can't attend the July AAW show, I just bought my tickets to next month:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/753999399290859521

sprung for first row tix for this month, think we made the right choice!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So stoked for my first AAW show next weekend. I've got fifth row seats. Is the seating first come, first serve within the rows or are seats assigned and just not on the ticket?

first three rows are definitely numbered and assigned at bourbon street but I cant remember if 5th row is. it wouldnt be on your internet ticket though, theyll ask your name at the door and give you a real paper ticket that would have your seat number on it if there is one

edit: oh ok i see pinwiz answered yeah I think it will be assigned

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's the dreamwave return show for y'all downstate. august 6

Mustafa Ali (c) v. AR Fox - Dreamwave Championship
Ariya Daivari v. Donovan Dijak
Lio Rush v. JT Dunn
Sugar Dunkerton v. Joey Ryan
Spears and Beers (Mike Hartenbower/Waylon Beck) v. The Colony (Silver Ant/Fire Ant) - DW Tag Championship
Buck Nasty, probably the current best wrestler in the world, v. Little Guido

Special appearance by Mick Foley, also announced Santino Marella, Arik Cannon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i charted bola hype by twitter faves idk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just like riling up grozz

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont book vader

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tna is good now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do you think i can still get free wwn VODs from buying all the wrestlemania weekend shows and giving up on them because of gabes fuckin server. probably not, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did dickinson have two tryout matches for two different stables in the same day