Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I really need to figure out a reliable way to get to AAW shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Has anybody taken public transport down to an AAW show? I'm not missing Fenix and Pentagon again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

A show on a Saturday means that I can make it! Finally going to see Pentagon Jr. in person.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

So stoked for my first AAW show next weekend. I've got fifth row seats. Is the seating first come, first serve within the rows or are seats assigned and just not on the ticket?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

You should get a ticket with a seat number when you arrive.

Also announced for AAW August:
- Jack Evans :woop:
- Chris Hero

Thanks!

And gently caress it sucks that I will be in Florida when that August show goes down. I guess it sucks that I will be in Florida period, but this makes it worse.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I've got an extra fifth row ticket if anybody hasn't grabbed one yet and doesn't want to stand.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ciampa vs Pentagón is in September

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pentagón/Callihan was one of the hottest finishes I've seen live. That crowd was going insane and we just came unglued on the second Fear Factor.

It was so satisfying seeing Hot Topic: The Wrestler come up against a dude more evil and brutal than he could ever hope to be and just getting his whole poo poo pushed in. Shame Pentagón didn't break both of his arms.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I tried to go to a PWG show in 2005 but our directions from Mapquest were poo poo and then a cop on Sunset gave us even worse directions, so we just got some fried chicken and went home. That's my PWG live story.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm really interested in who wins tonight. I'd guess that Pentagon loses so that he and Fenix can enter the tournament.

Ciampa ain't taking the belt to Raw. Pentagón will win (and I'm super bummed that I will miss it)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

They've already said that if Ciampa wins the belt will go to the winner of next month's tournament so I expect he'll win as a farewell.

And I wish I could go too... :smith:

poo poo, I missed that part. I still think Pentagón wins because losing to a guy who is leaving is always a bad look and AAW has good reason to keep Pentagón strong.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mob posted:

five feet of Filipino Nightmare baggage

It took a years of shoot interviews but somebody finally answered the Batista question.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I've never bought a PWG DVD. Is this the time to start?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Big Bidness posted:

So far AIW has booked Cryme Tyme, the F.B.I., and The Headhunters for their 2 day Tag Tournament.

Well poo poo, time to check Megabus prices.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I really wish AAW didn't run so many Friday shows. It is impossible for me to get to 115 Bourbon after work and I want to go to every drat show after experiencing one. At least I snagged third row at the Windy City Classic before it sold out.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'm so excited to go deaf from the sound of Low Ki and Pentagón kicking each other.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I agree with the six man being a bit of a letdown with all of the problems, even if the ending sequence was just nutso. Homicide didn't really do anything for the entire match.

The tag title match was fun even if Fickett messed up the SSP position twice. Trevor Lee is so drat good that he can save anything.

For me, the match of the night was Trent and ZSJ. They tore the house down, and made up for the annoying fans behind me yelling every British thing they could think of to try to get Zack to look at them. I pissed Elgin off after his promo by asking what Hiroshi would think of his cheapshot and he invited me into the ring. Wrestling's not real, but it is still terrifying having a man that strong invite you to fight him.

Main event was really good but could have used a touch more legwork to make the knee giving out seem less sudden. Still, I loved the finish because Hero's weight was such an advantage in the match and it ended up being to his detriment in the end.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oatgan posted:

hell yeah bitch

Not a single person has commented on a wrestler using the Shogun of Harlem gimmick. For shame, PSP.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Thank god I took the day off of work to make it down to 115 Bourbon in time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Hero/Pentagon got cut short tonight because the top rope broke, which sucked.

Their solution to getting cut short was to do a bunch of Canadian destroyers, which didn't suck.

Yeah, it was disappointing but the end was great and Hero's promo after was one of the highlights of the night. At least the ratchet strap/duct tape fix worked and Fenix got to bust out some great poo poo.

I'm convinced that I'm cursed now because every show I go to, the match I'm most excited for has some freak occurrences ke Low Ki immediately getting hurt or the rope breaking.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I am no fan of bros but I'll be damned if I didn't chant BRO so many times for Matt Riddle. His broness is so infectious.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I hope he makes the show because I just bought tickets. Should still be a great card, but I love me some Pentagón.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Deathlove posted:

I am Very Hyped for Redragon-War Machine tonight. Very Hyped indeed.

That's the match I'm really bummed about missing due to a birthday party.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jack Anderson posted:

Pretty sure Colt denied this but who knows.

It would behoove Colt to deny a story that makes him look like an rear end in a top hat.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Looks like AAW is about to sell out the Berwyn Eagles Club for a show in August. Guess Cody really does make a difference :shrug:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oatgan posted:

say a prayer for keith lee who had his head split open on an unprotected chairshot tonight

It was the most disgusting chairshot I've ever seen and made everybody leave very uncomfortable. Who the gently caress plans a chairshot to hit with the backrest instead of the seat and why would you ever take that shot unprotected?

Until that point, it was the best Sami Callihan match because that dork slipped off the stage during his entrance and then got his rear end beat.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

is it like the chairshot sami did to AR Fox on lucha underground a while back? Kneeling, taking it to the crown/back part of the scalp?

Kneeling and right to the front of the skull with his hands completely at his side. And again, the contact point was the backrest and the thick metal frame basically melted around Lee's head. I don't know why they came up with that finish and I certainly don't know why Sami swung the chair that hard.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Somebody summarize that because I'm not watching 12 minutes of Austin Aries talking about himself.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Deathlove posted:

Paco is ready for the strap.

The roof of Bourbon Street would be located somewhere in Indiana if Paco won the belt.

It's time to go all in on Paco, Danny Daniels.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

well they have been building WRSTLING vs OI4K since cobb destroyed sami in the lynam tourney and then starr talked poo poo at the last logan square show, and that contributed to the finish of fenix vs cobb. so they'd either have to cool starr off by having him lose to fenix or have OI4K gift fenix another win and I don't think they want to do that. or I guess Starr could win the belt but that seems premature and then you end up with callihan back inthe title picture and he has to lose to Naito in february. they could just flip the dates and have ACH challenge fenix before riddle gets a shot, but I don't know that ACH will be healthy, or that they weren't planning to give ACH the strap in LaSalle

I figure the direction is ACH as champion which is why I was surprised he got the LaSalle shot because they aren't doing a title change out there.

My main hope is that David Starr triumphs over the garbage that is the Killer Cult because I really don't want to see Sami Callihan ruining another good thing. The ending to Saturday's show was terrible.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Someone in the Twitter replies said the Sears Center is the rumored venue. Have you heard anything about that?

Also, wouldn't the Sept 1st date conflict with BOLA?

They should have run somewhere in the city (UIC Pavilion?) so that it's easier to get to for all the PWT dorks flying in for the show. Hoffman Estates doesn't have the infrastructure to handle that many wrestling fans.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Please, wrestling gods, let the old Ki come out for just one night. I want to see a man ground into a fine paste.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

They absolutely cut that match short due to the reaction. Elgin seemed content to try to use the boos as heel heat, but the crowd just went silent after the initial uproar and the wrestlers quickly wrapped things up after going a couple minutes to the sound of crickets.

It was a real low point on a show that also featured Scarlett Bordeaux taking an insane black hole slam.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bring a bag of cheeseburgers

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

achillesforever6 posted:

I could see WALTER going I mean they already have one of his tag partners in NXT

Lee and WALTER are both wrestling at Axxess so I think they are locks as long as they pass medicals.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

David Starr is insanely good.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tons of wrestling fans will be in town and Punk lives near the PWT store. It's just an easy way for everyone to make some quick cash with not much work. I'll believe he wrestles when he appears in the ring wrestling.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Grozz Nuy posted:

they haven't announced ibushi yet and it seems likely they would have if he was going to do the show

but if ibushi is on board it would make sense for them to do bucks/lovers ii with the bucks going over to set up the rubber match back in new japan at some point further down the line

a lot will probably depend on if kenny has the iwgp heavyweight title at the time, in which case they'd probably want to have him in a singles match

I doubt any match on the card will have NJPW implications, especially considering how badly ROH bungled the Kenny/Cody match and New Japan just basically ignored it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

They pretty clearly aren't ignoring it, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. They just main evented a show with Cody/Kota and Kenny/Hangman.

They basically ignored the ROH match, not the feud. If something important to NJPW storylines is going to happen, it will be on a New Japan show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Suplex Liberace posted:

its gonna be okada vs rey

Perfect Rainmaker defense: being too short of the lariat to connect.