Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, wait, is this a shoot or a work or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy gently caress so Zandig just rolled up out of nowhere and started being a huge rear end in a top hat? God, I legitimately feel kind of bad for Deej.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

congrats, this is the first time ever that dj hyde received someone's empathy.

Really? He's always seemed like a decent dude, regardless of what their crowd thinks of him.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Benne posted:

Apparently LU crowds chant "Johnny Queero" (which gets turned into "Johnny Zero" in post-production) so that's probably what we'll get here

It's "Johnny Puto," not "Johnny Queero." They turn "puto" into "zero" because, from what I gather, "puto" is an incredibly offensive word in Spanish.

e:f,b

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Kane vs. Mil Muertes is my dream match and Abyss is basically discount Kane so I'm cool with it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Any Houston peeps ever check out Texas All-Star Wrestling? They're doing a thing in Cypress next month, and since my girlfriend lives in that part of town and the tickets are pretty cheap, I'm kind of tempted to go.

The one thing stopping me is that I've legitimately never heard of this fed in my loving life (I thought Reality of Wrestling was all we had here) and they look insanely carny (they do birthday parties!).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly I have really mixed feelings about intergender wrestling because, when done well, it legitimately is progressive and important (see: PWG, Young Bucks vs. World's Cutest Tag Team, and Lucha Underground, Ivelisse vs. Angelico vs. Son of Havoc), but when done poorly, it's uh, really fuckin' gross (see: pretty much every time ECW ever did it).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:chanpop:

holy gently caress I need to see that match it hasn't even happened yet and I'm already marking out like crazy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

Please do not forget BOOKER T PRESENTS REALITY OF WRESTLING

Is ROW decentish? It's one of like two indies here in Houston, and the other is the dirt-est dirt indie I've seen in a while.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly i feel like there's enough actual legit, non-sketchy intergender stuff nowadays that inherently stigmatizing it, instead of taking it case-by-case, has become kinda silly

like, World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Young Bucks is a loving incredible match even setting aside that it's intergender. to the point where that's the match that made me a Bucks mark. and Lucha Underground's intergender stuff also does really well at making it seem like a legitimate competition and not just a guy beating the ever-loving dogshit out of a woman (and in the rare instance that it is the latter, it's because they're going somewhere with it and the dude is extremely unambiguously heeling, they're not doing it for misogyny pops).

e: I mean gently caress, even CZW is doing reasonably not-terrible with this, LuFisto in the Cage of Death kicked rear end.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 2, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Big Bidness posted:

Gage is at least capable of having a match without plunder. Masada loving sucks in every way possible, in any type of match.

Nah, I'm gonna nth the people who say Masada's at least a fun deathmatch guy. All I've seen from him was Tournament of Death stuff, but he wasn't bad at all in that context, and was actually probably one of the better wrestlers there.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Your Parents posted:

I don't really agree because no one would give a single gently caress about roh if it weren't attached to njpw and it would be basically a rank above chikara. An indie supershow with the champion of the number 2 promotion in the world can probably draw 10k. A show with beer city bruiser and silas young would probably not

I like Beer City Bruiser in Fire Pro, the edit I have of him does this hilarious stiff chokeslam where he yells "WEEEEE" before slamming the recipient

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

Sami Callahan’s new gimmick is just smashing people’s heads in I guess

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/986941290347679746

Sullivan is a crazy motherfucker who I’m sure told him to do this but uhhhhh

:stonk:

ok uh someone needs to tell Sami that deliberately injuring people is a bad loving gimmick

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

exploded mummy posted:

People love New Jack

i love New Jack when he's either existing 20 years ago in ECW or nowhere near a goddamn ring

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
aren't most of the ECW originals with WWE, extremely retired, or outright loving dead

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Austin rent prices are reaching bay area levels of stupid and they couldn't reach any deal to run in the city and remain profitable

I'm sort of surprised they couldn't find anywhere in Buda or Kyle or Round Rock? Like, Austin "proper" is bonkers but most of the outlying areas are still okay last I checked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EugeneJ posted:

I honestly want to know how much deathmatch wrestling Arquette had seen before his match with Gage

If Arquette wasn't working on Twitter, he legitimately had no clue who Nick Gage was, thought they were putting him against Nic Cage, and absolutely was not prepared for what happened.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TV Zombie posted:

On the Free Beyond Wrestling show, Orange Cassidy doing a kip while his hands were in his pocket was the damndest thing I've ever seen. I wish him success on the indies if he hasn't achieved that yet.

He's been an ant in CHIKARA forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sportsgenius86 posted:

So he hasn’t achieved any success

:shrug: CHIKARA's had ups and downs but they're one of the most famous indies and the Ants are pretty over. If that's not success it's something reasonably close.