Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

New Jersey once tried to pass a bill that would only ban CZW and not other wrestling.
Well, not exactly. JAPW was similar at the time, and immediately adapted to become the JAPW every knows.

But yes, it was the extreme wrestling ban that didn't ban Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Whereas IWAMS got pro wrestling banned from all National Guard Armories in the state of Kentucky.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Gage-Steiner wasn't bad live thanks to the atmosphere, and really, when you consider how hosed up Steiner's movement is from the drop foot, it was near-miraculous, because he hasn't had good matches in a long time. But as Gage vs. a broken down workrate guy brawls go in that building, it wasn't as good as Gage-Psicosis.

As for Gage in general: Part of it is the live experience, because he's legit the most beloved wrestler in the promotions he's a regular in at this point. As matches on streaming services go, his matches from SCI this year are worth checking out, as is a lot of his stuff from Beyond, including the New Year's match with Josh Briggs. It's not on an all you can eat service, but the match with Timothy Thatcher from Bloodsport 2018 was a total blast live, too.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

Gage’s best match was against Greshem on one of the powerbomb shows. Tiny little octopus man vs rampaging monster convict is something out of a comic book.
That was on the "Wazzup" show and it was really good, yes.

His Beyond and AIW stuff will probably give you the most looks for him, because they're two different types of non-deathmatch indies where he does a good bit of non-deathmatch stuff but is a regular who is as over as anyone there.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Nick Gage had a horrible drug problem, went to prison and got out at a time when people are increasingly seeing the drug war and prison industrial complex for what they are. Fans see a super charismatic guy like Gage who kills themselves for the fans and tells the fans they love him and like him. Because how can you not at least respect that a little when a guy kills himself for you and tells you he is doing it all for you and loves you?
This too, and I'll add that the stuff about loving the fans isn't shtick. There are few wrestlers who are more giving with their time to fans after shows than Gage, who is basically in Matt Riddle territory as far as that goes, but often isn't even selling gimmicks.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

well he robbed the bank dressed in his wrestling gear
Technically speaking, if he had robbed the bank in his circa 2010 wrestling gear, he would have had a bandana tied around his face and might have gotten away with it. Also, the bank told the police that there was a bait pack/dye pack in the cash, but Gage ended up with no ink on him, so Nick Gage is a ninja.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

blast0rama posted:

Pretty crazy. I have like $125 in FITE Fun Bucks, so I might pick it up.

Weird part is, the page is now 404ing. https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-fest-wrestlemania-weekend/2oi5e/
...this was really on FITE's site? Because a lot of it doesn't make much sense.

The WrestleCon shows, which would be expected to be key Highspots subscription drivers, on FITE?

The Powerbomb/IWTV Shows, where you'd expect a similar situation, on FITE?

The Impact Twitch special on FITE?

Is it possible someone at FITE hosed up the list and didn't realize some of those aren't FITE partner shows?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

exploded mummy posted:

really it's the high spots stuff that's weird, IWTV and GCW already gave FITE the rights for a 100 dollar package. WWN and ROH have both use FITE in the past
Highspots tweeted about making the shows available on FITE, so I guess this is all legit.

Even if the Impact show being on there is weird since I thought it was a free Twitch special?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

close to feeling like i got MLW'd by getting tickets to night 1 of spring break instead of night 2
I mean...if it makes you feel better, it seems like night 2 is going to be almost entirely the clusterfuck.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Benne posted:

I don't know why but for some reason nobody in MLW ever looks as good as they do anywhere else. Even proven top-line talent like the Lucha Bros only manage to have "okay" matches there.
At least part of it is time constraints. For live specials, everyone is trying to hit time cues, and at regular tapings, if they're not doing that, the matches are being editing down a good bit.

But there's also something fun about seeing the modern indie guys do "TV matches."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Highspots and Powerslam TV merge? My Highspots log-in works on Powerslam.
Does it work on any other PivotShare sites, even if it doesn't unlock the video?