Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

*fart noise*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah its a big mess but Mike can still go piss up a rope.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elgin is the living embodiment of fart noise. It’s funny a few times and then he’s just embarrassing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

Watching National Pro Wrestling Day on Independent Wrestling/Powerbomb TV and I have to wonder, does anyone actually still care about Chikara or its wrestlers? I can't believe Icarus is still a thing. Has Juan Francisco ever done anything of note? I saw him in person once or twice and he seemed okay, but he's just doing the same act (it seems) as he was doing years ago.

I used to be pretty into the promotion 5 or so years ago, but it all seems so bland now. It just kind of stands out to me how stagnant Chikara feels in comparison to basically every other indie on the planet.

eh it was nice sunday afternoon wrestling. Not everything needs to be a high octane sprint with bridging superplex nearfalls. Chikara does a great job at doing cutesy fun wrestling and using their current roster to full effect. Its a mix of new faces(which is always important) and seasoned vets. Some of the newer wrestlers still haven't found their place yet which is half the fun of watching them wrestle because you might catch the first time they finally "get it"

I thought the stream suffered from bad lighting and camera placement. Looked like a cool venue to catch live, if a bit crowded.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody Rhodes should politic to hell and gone to get Fenix to go over WALTER.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poor AR Fox.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage's hype is he's legit convict.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gage’s best match was against Greshem on one of the powerbomb shows. Tiny little octopus man vs rampaging monster convict is something out of a comic book.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pre-robbery Nick Gage cut a promo while dying. Like legit, his eyes were going glassy and he passed out for a second during the promo.

Post-jail, he came back jacked, clear headed and did great business on his return for multiple feds. Meng even requested a rematch with him because the tag they did was so much fun. I'm pretty sure pre-robbery Gage would have been murdered by Meng.

I dunno, I gotta give some respect to a dude that nearly loving died for my entertainment and is making the most of his opportunities.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

he robbed a bank and got narced out by wrestling fans

well he robbed the bank dressed in his wrestling gear

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you've got the ducats, IWTV is really worth the money. All the live streams are stable, the back catalog is pretty deep and the player remembers where you left off on videos

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Indie Wrestling Is Gross Again

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/indie-wrestler-on-finding-out-he-hiv-positive-651354/

quote:

"I have never given anyone a record of a blood test. Ever, at all, ever - no promoter has ever gotten blood test results from me," Bueller emphasized. "And I know that there are places where it's like, 'Oh, we make sure that we blood test everyone. We make sure that they don't wrestle in that type of environment if we can't prove their blood is clean.' I've never even so much have been asked to submit a blood test. Like, it wasn't one of those, 'Hey, we need a blood test from you. Oh, shoot, there's not enough time? Oh, I'm sure you're fine. Anyway, nevermind.' No one ever even asked me for [my blood test]. But then again, people who may not know me personally, ironically enough, I'm just as at risk for having something in me as you would think that I would, which is very minimal. I'm about as nerdy as they get, I'm not social, I don't do drugs, so really, what could I have? So maybe it wasn't a concern."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tomahawk posted:

never even heard of davey richards /shrug

he was a big deal for three days on twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davey Richards has no middle ground. He'll either put on amazing matches or boring rear end rolodex of moves nonsense.

There are younger guys with less brain issues that work smarter than Davey with more consistently exciting matches. Evolve has an entire roster full of crossfit fighters. Let Davey gently caress over some shindie money mark.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i kinda wish pwg would bring over dragon gate guys again

Yamato is too pretty for PWG

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

https://www.facebook.com/WRWpage/videos/611371029289474/

Didn't go viral even ironically and the crowd didn't care.

amazed that the guy yelling about calling the cops wasn't DJ in this vid.

That's some sad lookin stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hold the gently caress up, Crowbar is still alive?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Crowbar died when he and Daffney joined that UFO cult in Atlanta in 05.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there any good deathmatch stuff on Powerbomb/IWTV? There's a bunch of old CZW stuff but doesn't look like anything recent, and I feel like older CZW stuff could probably be pretty hit or miss. For some reason I have a hankering for deathmatch wrestling today.

They have some of the older Cage of Death shows on there. if CODIV is on there, that's the one to watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

Why are people so down on Gotch? From what i've seen he seems to be a decent promo, can work and hasnt shitted on wwe too much.

he had a hype video for ROH(?) where he showed off getting swept and murdered by novices and claimed he was a real wrestling badass. It looked like if Taz tried ADCC or the EBI.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pretty open chatter about NOVA Pro having problems paying talent again. Not sure if its of substance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've generally enjoyed the Novapro shows but I keep hearing all sorts of drama and crazy poo poo on the backend that suggests dude has some personal problems he needs to work through before running shows again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Push Sage Phillips for real though. Ton of potential with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't @ the lego people on this bullshit, as per ISW's DM to me. The same legal firm went after them over a t-shirt design a while back. ISW just wants this event to go off and be successful. Please support ISW.