Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That was very delightful and raspberry basil jam sounds delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I watch the JoJo anime each week with my dad, and while I have read the entire manga, he hasn't read any. So of course when the Italian food episode aired a while back, I prepared the entire meal, served it and ate with him on the day of the episode, before we watched it.I don't have any pictures of the food I prepared as I was too busy both cooking and eating it, but for those unfamiliar:

- Caprese salad
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Lamb with apple sauce
- 'Pudding' (it was unclear in the manga translation and I made panna cotta because it's Italian, but the anime subs made it flan which is Spanish :argh:)

Served with mineral water. It was all delicious and he actually didn't realize I had made the meal from the episode until most of the way through it. :3:

Aside from that, I have to express my love for Dungeon Meshi. I just read through it all in the past couple days, and it's adorable and focuses on the food in a way that's perfect for me. It's also devoid of typical creepy manga stuff, despite having both a vine monster and a tentacle monster! Read it if you haven't already.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a hella sweet thing you did with your dad, a ha ha.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I watch the JoJo anime each week with my dad, and while I have read the entire manga, he hasn't read any. So of course when the Italian food episode aired a while back, I prepared the entire meal, served it and ate with him on the day of the episode, before we watched it.I don't have any pictures of the food I prepared as I was too busy both cooking and eating it, but for those unfamiliar:

- Caprese salad
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Lamb with apple sauce
- 'Pudding' (it was unclear in the manga translation and I made panna cotta because it's Italian, but the anime subs made it flan which is Spanish :argh:)

Served with mineral water. It was all delicious and he actually didn't realize I had made the meal from the episode until most of the way through it. :3:

Aside from that, I have to express my love for Dungeon Meshi. I just read through it all in the past couple days, and it's adorable and focuses on the food in a way that's perfect for me. It's also devoid of typical creepy manga stuff, despite having both a vine monster and a tentacle monster! Read it if you haven't already.

Make some dragon flank for your dad.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't forget pizza to eat w/ the dragon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
smdh if u don't love ur dad enough to kill and cook a dragon for him

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Dungeon Meshi one shot translated. Fairly short, mostly notable for featuring Marcille as a straightman(elf?) and having a catgirl fill her role as comic relief.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
More foods! Wakako-zake has two new chapters + a missing extra uploaded.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Wakako-Zake/Vol-001-Ch-026-002--Celebratory-Sake?id=327155
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Wakako-Zake/Vol-002-Ch-031--Grilled-Eggplant-with-Miso?id=327152

And here's Shinya Shokudou:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shinya-Shokudou/Vol-003-Ch-042--Rakkyou-no-Amazuzuke?id=327194

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Just finished watching Moyashimon, is the rest of the manga translated somewhere?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, someone was translating it for a bit but they didn't get close to finishing and no one else cares because it's got too much science jargon in to bother. :(

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
New Sweetness and Lightning.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Amaama-to-Inazuma/Chapter-039?id=328114

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

If anyone is interested in Toriko but hasn't gotten into it yet, the story is likely reaching its conclusion within the next few chapters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

If anyone is interested in Toriko but hasn't gotten into it yet, the story is likely reaching its conclusion within the next few chapters.

I think Toriko's done in this issue, unless I'm misinterpreting how Jump works.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Probably. The previous chapter said the next one would be a special 31 page chapter. Likely the finale.

Edit: was wrong, its the penultimate chapter. great chapter with a lot of good callbacks and manly tears.

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 10, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Shinya Shokudou, yay

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shinya-Shokudou/Vol-003-Ch-043--Chikuwa?id=329115

Chikuwa sounds like it'd be my kind of thing, I basically eat fried fish paste patties from Viet and Thai cuisine.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Dungeon Meshi. A little food and a lot of plot! Marcille also gets an opportunity to be badass :getin:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
rest in peace boneless dragon ham

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Things getting a little Drakengard-y. :ohdear:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah I posted that before last week's issue, so I assumed it was going to a nice, round 400. I was wrong. :(

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
The Finale of Toriko. Thanks for the meal.

See you space cookboy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, someone was translating it for a bit but they didn't get close to finishing and no one else cares because it's got too much science jargon in to bother. :(

That sounds horribly unfortunate. It probably wouldn't be too hard to find people to explain the terms, but converting them from Japanese to English would likely be a bit of a trial.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's some manga that will basically never be translated cause they require both in-depth knowledge of a subject and knowledge of japanese. like, say hello to blackjack is a deep look at doctors and the only reason that got translated here is cause a doctor, who happened to know japanese, decided to do so. and well, how many people with knowledge of microbiology could there be that also know japanese and are interested in moyashimon (i know there's 2 actually, cause i read a convention report from a guy who met a japanese student there that got into microbiology cause of moyashimon, but well, the point stands)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

there's some manga that will basically never be translated cause they require both in-depth knowledge of a subject and knowledge of japanese. like, say hello to blackjack is a deep look at doctors and the only reason that got translated here is cause a doctor, who happened to know japanese, decided to do so. and well, how many people with knowledge of microbiology could there be that also know japanese and are interested in moyashimon (i know there's 2 actually, cause i read a convention report from a guy who met a japanese student there that got into microbiology cause of moyashimon, but well, the point stands)

See if he can help translate the series.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Did anyone post this series? Isekai Izakaya Nobu?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Isekai-Izakaya-Nobu

Only 7 chapters out so far, but I'm really enjoying it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's in the OP.

Sweet, new chapter though, so thanks.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I found out after checking the comments for the chapter that it's going to get an anime! I am real excited to watch it when it comes out.

Shinobu was adorable this chapter. A tragic end for hyping up her favorite dish...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If Isekai Nobu and Otherworld Dining Hall animes come out in the next year or so, I will die happy and full of food

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I will need to read through the OP again then. I need more food manga in my life.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I should make sure it's up to date as well. There ARE other food mangas I haven't mentioned for various reasons even though I've perused them (ex. Bambino Second bc it's bad), but there's a few I may talk about after finals stop kicking my rear end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good news for all fans of Iron Wok Jan, a sequel is apparently coming out in January.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that looks like a very unsafe way to slice an apple

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iron Wok Jan doesn't play safe!!!!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that looks like a very unsafe way to slice an apple

That's one wrinkly apple tbh

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I found a new series on KissManga, called Yakumo Wants to Feed: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yakumo-san-wa-Edzuke-ga-Shitai

I'm skeptical because on the one hand I'm not liking the overtly implied budding ~*feelings*~ between an adult and a high school kid, but on the other hand the food looks yummy and I do like how generally warmhearted the atmosphere is so far. And the latest chapter with the jealous childhood friend kind of made me laugh.

I probably wouldn't recommend this, but I'll keep an eye on it to see how it plays out. Better than the food manga with the step siblings really. I shall also talk about Kitchen Princess and some other food manga that I haven't mentioned later, I'm finally on break YEAH

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 23, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Christmas is over, but Santa brought us the late gift of two new Wakako-zake chapters: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Wakako-Zake/Vol-002-Ch-033--Namerou?id=340390

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is that Jan and Kiriko's kid

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnonSpore posted:

They married?!?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

Given that it's supposed to be about the next generation, maybe? But they look too young!

But the dude does have Jan's eyes....

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I was just making an assumption based on the "next generation" comment and the fact that both Jan and Kiriko are mega tsundere for each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would still kill for English scans of Iron Wok Jan.