Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shinya shokudo is a seinen series about a man who operates an all night food place and mostly focuses on him helping out his customers. the translations aren't complete so there's a live action drama if that's your sort of thing

moyashimon is silver spoon: college edition although there's more of a focus on alcohol, the making thereof and various drunk college antics the cast do consume a variety of let's say well preserved food

ristorante paradiso is a josei SOL about a girl who runs away from life and ends up working in a restaurant in rome. there's food, there's romance and there's a bunch of middle aged men as eligible bachelors. the restaurant is more of a backdrop than the focus though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also i just want to note again that the concept is far from unique to japan, there's a bunch of korean shows that come down to showcasing the local cuisine by making the cast going absolutely insane, see several episodes of running man, surpluss princess. hong kong cinema too, with god of cookery being a riff on a largely untranslated genre of people going mad over food

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Compendium posted:

I would ask about why the girls' proportions are super ridiculous, but then again I read Shokugeki no Souma

but still why

hey now, the shokugeki proportions are perfect

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why do you type like a schizophrenic

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's some manga that will basically never be translated cause they require both in-depth knowledge of a subject and knowledge of japanese. like, say hello to blackjack is a deep look at doctors and the only reason that got translated here is cause a doctor, who happened to know japanese, decided to do so. and well, how many people with knowledge of microbiology could there be that also know japanese and are interested in moyashimon (i know there's 2 actually, cause i read a convention report from a guy who met a japanese student there that got into microbiology cause of moyashimon, but well, the point stands)