Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I thought she looked like a tribal Seiba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Can Of Worms posted:

In related isekai food manga, Isekai Nobu just recently updated! (This is the manga that inspired the anime of the same name last summer.) Isekai Shokudou has also started getting a bunch of scans up; it used to only have a few scattershot chapters uploaded from what I can tell but now chapters 1-14 are up (16 is up to, but 15 doesn't seem to be anywhere yet.)

I think you got'em confused. The Isekai Restaurant anime that already aired was Shokudou, the second one you linked.
Nobu got an anime adaptation too, but it hasn't aired yet.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Apparently the author decided one Izakaya wasn't enough and started a second story with the same premise. No translations yet, though.

Chapter 1 is available for free in the raw site, I can't read it but leafing through it it seems to have a different dynamic. The head chef seems more gruff.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 19, 2018

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Can Of Worms posted:

I wonder if it takes place in the same setting, there's a panel with the Nobu cast in them.

Pretty sure yes. Also the dude in Izakaya Gen was led by a fox. Nobu showed that the deity granting them the isekai door was related to foxes (Inari, I believe), so probably the same god doing shenanigans.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sweetness and Lightning is extremely cute and it's also more complete over at Kissmanga.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mraagvpeine posted:

What is she wearing on her legs? It seems like some sort of pants that cover her feet too.

They look like over-the-knee-or-higher boots of some sort?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hey wanna learn about food in a historical context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's less a regular translator and more that they were paid to translate a bunch of chapters at once.
Too bad they kinda suck compared to TOOR.

kirtar posted:

I get the feeling the "these can definitely be sold" really means something else, but I can't quite place it.

I recently realized it seems to be "itadakimasu".