Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you thread for introducing me to Dungeon Meshi. I just binged through it yesterday and it was super duper fun.

In return, here is a test dish I have for a dinner party I'm hoping to host this Halloween. The theme will be Edgar Allan Poe, and most of my dishes will be based on one of his stories or will otherwise be Victorian-themed. The following is what I have planned for "The Raven."

Poached chicken in a morel mushroom sauce. The garnish is a bit loud here so I'll have to tone it down for the real thing.

Pre-saucing.

Individual medallions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Compendium posted:

I saw your dishes in the Shokugeki thread too and this looks just amazing! Also glad you like Dungeon Meshi, it's pretty great.

I really want to see an RPG where you chop up monsters for food ingredients now. It sounds really super fun.

EDIT: Along with the mechanic of balancing out Fat-Protein-Carbs-Vitamins-Minerals.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Futaba Anzu posted:

this looks like something straight outta manga
https://my.mixtape.moe/jybdpp.webm

It's a fairly recent technique. The shell is made with a mix of white chocolate and duck fat. The duck fat increases the melting point of the chocolate, so when the warm dark chocolate sauce hits it the shell melts very quickly.