Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

The opposite of how you get a new Overlord, I assume. So someone is just so nice and self-effacing and helpful that everyone in Celestia agrees that they must be the Archangel?

Probably not, since Archangel isn't the top brass of Celestia. The Seraph probably selects someone, or is involved at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah, you get promoted to Archangel entirely on the strength of 'the Seraph decides you should be one'.

Got several more updates in the can after a very productive session, maybe I'll update tomorrow or something to celebrate.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 7, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
That brings up the question of what happens when you get a new Seraph.

But I bet the answer is just 'they reincarnate.'

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

That brings up the question of what happens when you get a new Seraph.

But I bet the answer is just 'they reincarnate.'

So since Seraph is philosophically a title at least equivalent to Overlord (it might even be a bit stronger of a title honestly) at some level it's probably a lot like becoming Overlord but with a lot more passive aggression and bitchy politics bullshit because as was noted in the original game it's against the rules for Angels to actually attack each other. We're probably good for a while because the current Seraph is pretty cool and it's pretty plain he intends for Flonne to one day succeed him.

One cool thing if you really look close at Sicily by the way, she actually does have all of Laharl's signature identifying things. Her hair has antennae (they're just styled differently) and that blue thing on the front of her costume is the scarf. Her face is also the same overall shape.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Didn't Laharl have a sister in that terrible anime? I wonder if that was the inspiration.

Also, this is a little off topic, but whatever happened to Vulcanus from the first game? And why did Artina use his name in D4?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, this is a little off topic, but whatever happened to Vulcanus from the first game? And why did Artina use his name in D4?

Didn't Vulcanus get turned into a flower or something like that? The Seraph dealt with him, one way or another.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Didn't Laharl have a sister in that terrible anime? I wonder if that was the inspiration.

I don't think so, though there might have been an episode where someone pretended to be or something? Assuming it's the one I remember that was like 13 episodes about half of which were actual Disgaea chapters and therefore pretty good and the other half of which were less good.

Vulcanus gets turned into a flower by the Seraph shortly before the final battle. That person used his name in D4 presumably to hide their identity from Valvatorez.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Feinne posted:

I don't think so, though there might have been an episode where someone pretended to be or something? Assuming it's the one I remember that was like 13 episodes about half of which were actual Disgaea chapters and therefore pretty good and the other half of which were less good.

Vulcanus gets turned into a flower by the Seraph shortly before the final battle. That person used his name in D4 presumably to hide their identity from Valvatorez.

There certainly was an episode revolving around someone claiming to be Laharl's sister, though Maharl turned out to be a fake. I haven't actually seen the episode though, so I can't say more.

That reasoning behind "Vulcanus" is kinda weak, since she doesn't seem to expect to run into anyone she knows.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

MightyPretenders posted:

There certainly was an episode revolving around someone claiming to be Laharl's sister, though Maharl turned out to be a fake. I haven't actually seen the episode though, so I can't say more.

That reasoning behind "Vulcanus" is kinda weak, since she doesn't seem to expect to run into anyone she knows.

Hah I totally DO remember that episode vaguely now. Unlike the disgaea anime I can safely say the situation with Sicily is actually pretty well thought out (though it'll be a bit before we get the full story).

On the other hand she's working for Flonne and Flonne is exactly the kind of person who'd assign you a ridiculous code name just on principle.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Also in the Disgaea 3 Raspberyl DLC, there's a bit where Raspberyl accidentally invades Celestia and one of the enemies is an Alraune named Vulcanus that has the title 'Former Archangel'.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So since Lanzarotte is kind of a unique character but looks like a reskin of the archer, does she reincarnate more like a story character or like a generic? Is she always brought back in her personal class?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Lotish posted:

So since Lanzarotte is kind of a unique character but looks like a reskin of the archer, does she reincarnate more like a story character or like a generic? Is she always brought back in her personal class?

Yeah, she always reincarnates as her Netherworld Idol class in spite of looking like a Generic.

Fun fact, there are actually a couple of special characters that you can actually change the Personality and Evility on when they reincarnate. Overlord Priere and Rozalin off the top of my head.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Let's do some more classes, this time Ronin and Ninja.

Sword and Shadow

We'll start on the Ronin.

Weapon Skills: Ronin have an A with Swords, C with Bows, Spears, and Axes, D with Fists and Guns, and E with Books and Staves. They notably do upgrade to B with Bows and Spears at Rank 2, nicely matching their original Disgaea skillset. Still, Swords are their thing.

Stats: Ronin have ATK for days and slightly improved DEF and HIT. They have slightly reduced SPD and SP, low INT, and quite low RES. This doesn't matter though because they again have ATK for days and that is the thing that you want them doing.

Evilities: Their Evilities all complement the fact that they, again have ATK for days.

Bushido - Increase Attack Power by 50% when attacking enemy units from the front. This effectively means you get a solid amount of bonus damage no matter where you engage an enemy from. The only problem is that sometimes you do want to attack from the side or rear in order to get the accuracy bonus.

Calm Waters - Increase Attack Power by 50% when making single target attacks. This is my preferred Evility, because Swords have great single target attacks that this synergizes really well with. I 'think' it also applies if you hit a single target with an AoE attack, given how badly the Ronin with it in Chapter 4 still wreck you.

Duelist - Increase Attack Power by 100% when attacking if target job class is unique on map. This is actually a really defensible choice, it's pretty likely to work in the Item World and it's effectively always going to work on a boss. I don't usually take it but it's totally a valid call.

Now for the Ninja, which has changed niche slightly from previous games (it's effectively absorbed the Kunoichi class' niche of debuffs and status).

Weapon Skills: Ninjas are B with Fists and Staves, C with Books, Swords, Spears, and Bows, and D with Axes and Guns. Staves are actually a philosophically interesting choice, because they've got a bit of range and are way more damaging than they have been in prior games.

Stats: Ninja have strong SP and SPD and okay INT, with reduced HIT and low HP, DEF, and RES. These things don't matter as much as you'd think, though, because evasion is a big gimmick of the Ninja class.

Evility: Ninja Evilities are all evasion based.

Misty Haze - Increase evasion rate by 50% when attacked from the front. This is to me the 'default' Ninja choice and with good positioning it's always going to work. It's probably the best if you want to build a caster Ninja, because you can almost guarantee the facing.

Flame Haze - Increase evasion rate by 50% when attacked by multiple-panel specials. This is a bit situational, though there are a lot of really powerful specials that hit multiple targets. Still, it probably helps you the least of the three.

Mirage - Increase evasion rate by 50% when attacked from an adjacent panel. Probably the best call for Fist users, since you want to keep them stuck in and they'll have good evasion from their SPD anyway to help them against ranged attackers.

Spells: Ninja learn Poison (1), Stun (5), Armor Break and Resist Break (12), Blind (24), Slumber and Slow (36) regardless of Rank. They don't naturally learn any directly damaging spells, and you should probably arrange for some for them if you want to seriously use them as casters.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
EDIT: Decided this question was inherently kind of inflammatory and unanswerable.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 9, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

EDIT: Decided this question was inherently kind of inflammatory and unanswerable.
But that's my favourite kind of question!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

If it was something about the format/content of the LP feel free, I hope the list of games I have LP'd has shown I have no self-respect and welcome any criticism as the only logical result of my constant personal failures :smith:.

Might have an update later.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Feinne posted:

If it was something about the format/content of the LP feel free, I hope the list of games I have LP'd has shown I have no self-respect and welcome any criticism as the only logical result of my constant personal failures :smith:.

Might have an update later.

Not at all; it was something about 5.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

Not at all; it was something about 5.

Oh fair enough. That LP is coming once this one is done if it's mostly relevance that's stopping you.

Also update's mostly done, just getting videos up. This update brought to you by Southern Tier Cherry Gose Imperial Sour Ale by the way.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Nineteen: Stairway to Heaven

We’re still on our way to the gates of Celestia, and as we head to the next map there’s more story.

Video- Scale of Good and Evil

Watch

It seems there is in fact an Angel around who isn’t part of our party, and they’re not having a good time.

Wh-What is it? Did I do something wrong?
Don’t play dumb!
Your drat flowers are messing with us big time!
That’s a false accusation! I haven’t done anything!
Shut up! Get that angel!
Demons are so barbaric… I need to tell the Archangel about what happened!

At which point the Angel disappears.

Stop right there!
I, Flonne, the Fallen Angel of Love, will not allow this angel bullying to stand!
…Wait? Where’d that angel go?
Looks like she already got away…
Hey! Don’t get sidetracked without my permission!
Hehehe! More angels, huh?
Oh jeez… Thanks to your fooling around, now we gotta deal with these troublemakers.
Please stop trying to attack angels!
No! It must be the machinations of those angels that are screwing us up!
What’s screwed up with you?

Let’s hear their tales of woe.

My body is all jiggly! Jiggly!
The fluttering of my wings has gotten really annoying!
See? All these things!
…Are they really the flowers’ fault?
Well, we have to blame it on something!
This is a waste of time… Etna, go!
You got it.

This is a really weird map and I’m not sure what the actual intended strategy is. There are two islands that are mostly covered in Geo Effects that have single Warp panels, but the only actual way to GET to them is to throw there or throw over to the Warp symbol and pick it up and stand on the Blue. The Green island has Slimes and is covered in Attacks + 1 (which causes you to repeat whatever you do if possible) and No Ranged while the Red has Mothmen, Evade, and Disperse Damage (which causes any damage deal to also be split among the allies of the target on the panels). The strategy is pretty straightforward, our first move is to clear out the Zombies. I actually deal with the Mothmen by taking advantage of Disperse Damage and magic, saves me having to throw anyone over there. I then use what ranged attacks I can to hit the Slimes while at the same time boarding it with Laharl. I use my Armor Knight to help take hits for Laharl while still being able to heal. Nothing to it really.

Video- The Floating Lands

Watch

This is a much more complicated map. Let’s take a look.

So, we start out with Magic Knights on one side and more on an island below us. Each group has one with a Sword, one with a Book and one with a Staff. On our level is a gap with No Entry panels on either side leading to the rest of the map. In practice we can’t cross this, because we’d need multiple six-tile throwers to mount a serious offensive across it. The lower area with the Magic Knights also needs to be thrown to, but we can at least engage them from a range before doing so. There are Warp panels on it that let us reach the second half of the map, which has its own wrinkles.

Namely, Reapers and Nether Nobles on Clone panels. If you can get over there quickly enough you might be able to stop the panels from filling up and leaving you with eight enemies to fight, but honestly the Reapers are made of paper and the Nobles have an Evility that makes them terribly inaccurate so they just don’t constitute enough of a threat to make one worry about fighting a group of them unless you’re behind the curve. If this map is feeling hard, I suggest going back to the last map of Chapter 4 to level up. It’s not got bonus experience but it’s quick and set up well for getting weak characters into Team Attacks.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: The Mysterious Warrior, Xenolith! A new character appears!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I always get a good chuckle out of Sandy leaping 20 tiles to defend another unit from harm, no matter how often it happens.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Supersonic Shine posted:

I always get a good chuckle out of Sandy leaping 20 tiles to defend another unit from harm, no matter how often it happens.

In fact that's starting to seem like a really broken ability.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

In fact that's starting to seem like a really broken ability.

Well Protecting in general is strong enough that it's actually become the Armor Knight Evility in Disgaea 5 (sort of like Support Attacks and Archers) and while the other Evilities do return (keep in mind you have multiple slots again in 5 as opposed to DD2's 'one slot with a second effectively in the postgame') the 'DBZ teleport while shouting NOOOOOOOOO and the love theme from The Bodyguard plays' does not in fact do so. This actually makes Armor Knights a bit MORE useful for the purposes of focused protection, because the global range does stop us actually choosing who is getting Protected.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, it's good to know that, even on flowered terrain, demons are still self-centered assholes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would hate to lack internal organs because of foreigners messing up the land.

fadderman
Feb 3, 2008
dyslectic lurker
Just posting to say that i bought this game after you showed it of,
I had forgotten about the series after disgaea 3 felt like more of the same as the 2 first games

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

fadderman posted:

Just posting to say that i bought this game after you showed it of,
I had forgotten about the series after disgaea 3 felt like more of the same as the 2 first games

You probably skipped the right game, Disgaea 4 was much more of an even more of the same kind of thing.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That angel who escaped from the demons is going to cause problems for us later, isn't she. We're going to show up at the gates going "hey can we just talk for a second" and they are gonna be all like "KILL THEM ALL!!!", aren't they.

Feinne posted:

You probably skipped the right game, Disgaea 4 was much more of an even more of the same kind of thing.

Do you mean more of Disgaea 1/2, or more of Disgaea 3? Because I really did not care for the setting of Disgaea 3 at all.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That angel who escaped from the demons is going to cause problems for us later, isn't she. We're going to show up at the gates going "hey can we just talk for a second" and they are gonna be all like "KILL THEM ALL!!!", aren't they.

Do you mean more of Disgaea 1/2, or more of Disgaea 3? Because I really did not care for the setting of Disgaea 3 at all.

I mean Laharl and the gang have pretty poo poo luck so chances are nothing good is going to come of any of this.

More of Disgaea 3, it kind of doubles down on some of the questionable gameplay choices of said game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
After rigorous experimentation, I can confirm Feinne's hypothesis that Atelier Sophie is very chillax.

(Though I just got the Expert Cauldron, and I don't appreciate the element of non-chillaxness it brings to the table.)

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

After rigorous experimentation, I can confirm Feinne's hypothesis that Atelier Sophie is very chillax.

(Though I just got the Expert Cauldron, and I don't appreciate the element of non-chillaxness it brings to the table.)

It's the only one like that fortunately, and you never really NEED to use it. Also, it's actually really useful because there is eventually a recipe that actually uses the material you get from failing a synthesis and that's the easiest way to do this thing.

It should also be noted that a failed synthesis is still a synthesis and you actually still get to transfer effects onto the end result, which is perhaps also a helpful thing to remember for recipes that require strange effects on an item.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 11, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Should have an update tomorrow where we finish out the episode and encounter a dude who is enigmatic as gently caress.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've mostly skipped Atelier games because they kinda want you to optimize your schedule with their time limits and exams/bosses orders/customer requests or what have you. Is Sophie any different? Because 100% crafting Harvest Moon would be extremely my poo poo.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Fat Samurai posted:

I've mostly skipped Atelier games because they kinda want you to optimize your schedule with their time limits and exams/bosses orders/customer requests or what have you. Is Sophie any different? Because 100% crafting Harvest Moon would be extremely my poo poo.

The only one of those things that Sophie has are the customer requests, and except for the ones that are "Hey, go kill as many of these as you can in a month" ones you can just go make/find all the items you need before you pick them up. There is no real time crunch anywhere in the game. It's just chillax and craft. (That said it's totally possible to go to a map you can't deal with, get your rear end handed to you by monsters and the characters just shrug and go "whups, dropped some of the stuff we gathered.")

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I think Shallie was the first one to do away with the time limit, although that one's third in a trilogy.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I'd bring up the Iris series, but I'm not sure those would actually count.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Twenty: The Mysterious Warrior, Xenolith

Last time we ran into an angel briefly. Let’s track her down again.

Video- Boundary of Darkness

Watch

I am sure we will handle this with tact and diplomacy.

…Demons!? Are you gonna try to hurt me again?
Please relax! We just want to talk!
Don’t even think about doing anything funny.
S-Stay away from me!
Big Brother! Don’t intimidate her!
She’s right. Before we do that, we need to tie her up so she can’t run away!
No! Not now, not ever! Can’t we just talk like normal people!?
Why? We don’t even know what this angel is doing here.
Isn’t it only natural to accuse the angels of planting the flowers?
But even then, that’s going too far!
Stop with the pointless bickering.
Depending on what her answer is, I may have to tie her up.
I won’t let you barbarians do that!
Purin! Pretty! Pripanika! Please protect me!

Whoops, looks like we’re in fact not going to be doing that. Instead we’re gonna have to fight a bunch of monsters while she fucks off.

My monsters…please fight back while I run away!
Ugh! Just get rid of these monsters!

So this is a funny little map. There are tons of monsters, but they’re all shockingly low level.

That’s because the red part of the map has an Enemy Level Up 40% effect that will quickly render the map unwinnable if you don’t deal with it. The Reapers in it are also very rude, because they’ve got an Evility that gives them a chance to Deathblow at low health. And what do you know, conveniently they have just enough health to live through the Clear explosion if you take out the symbol on turn one. This isn’t to say you should let it live, though. Just throw to it and take it out, then take out as many Reapers as you can to minimize the chances of one getting lucky (they’re like level 10 so they’ll really struggle to hit some characters at all, and a miss can’t be a Deathblow).

Now for the end of the map, where we’ll meet a new character.

Video- Celestial Gate

Watch

I wonder if that angel made it back to Celestia… What was she doing in the Netherworld anyway?
What is that…? It looks like a bunch of demons have gathered together…

It’s the angel from earlier! And she’s surrounded by demons! We need to save her!
Huh!? From earlier…!
Have you come to attack angels, too?
No! As the Overlord, Laharl is trying to do something about what’s happening to the Netherworld.
So if that angel knows anything, we just want to talk to her!
Lahalr…? That’s Overlord Krichevskoy’s son’s name…
Exactly! And now that he’s dead, I’m the Overlord!
You know about Big Brother!?
Big Brother!? But you look like an angel…
That’s right, I am an angel. But I’m also Overlord Krichevskoy’s daughter.
I see… That’s surprising…
I’m even more surprised! A demon believing that BS…!?
You’re…
Huh? What?
No, it’s nothing.

This dude seems pretty chill.

I can understand that you want to talk to her, but we need to do something about these demons first.
Do something about us!? Dammit!
Do you need to talk to that angel, too?
Yes, you could say that. Will you lend me a hand to protect this angel?
Hmph, protect an angel? You said my old man was peculiar, but you’re pretty peculiar yourself.
Whatever… Okay, I’ll lend you a hand. What’s your name anyway?

Meet Xenolith.

This is a bit of a complex map, but first let’s look at our support. Xenolith and a generic Female Angel are in fact on our side for this map (though they’re computer controlled).

Female Angels are versatile support characters with solid stats who don’t terribly excel at anything. This one’s Evility strengthens the defenses of adjacent allies. She’s actually super useful if we keep her safe, and we should.

Xenolith, on the other hand, is an absolute shitkicker and could probably solo the whole loving map. If you’re having trouble, retreating a bit will bring enemies close enough to cause him to engage and start annihilating fools. It’s probably best not to if you don’t need it for the experience, but still it’s very useful. Oh and I guess I should show off his Evility?

Well that’s… odd. I’m sure it’s fine. Let’s look at the map a bit.

So, we start with a pair of Living Armor up here with us. There’s then a Geo Setup that’s a bit complex. There’s Green No Entry panels to funnel things through the middle and then alternating Red and Aqua panels. Red will heal 20% at the start of a turn but halves all attack power, while Aqua increases defense by 50% but prevents you using ranged attacks. So, the ideal is to station yourself on Aqua and just tank these chumps out. You will feel like you want to kill the Living Armors at the start (and I do) but I think that’s actually a bad move in retrospect, just kill one and let the other be there so Xenolith will engage. The Angel will heal you if you keep her safe, she’s really great actually. The enemies on the bottom of the map aren’t a serious problem if you use the Geo Effects to your benefit.

Now we just need to see if we can get our questions answered.

Video- Chapter 5 Lead Out

Watch

…Uhh, they’re gone! The angel and that Xenolith guy…
Did she go back to Celestia…?
it would’ve been stupid of her not to run away.
That’s fine. I was planning on going to see the Seraph anyway.
Now, off to Celestia!
Wait… The gate is closed…
Oh yeah, it is. Did that angel close it?
That shouldn’t be a problem. Any angel should be able to open it.
Here I go.
Hmph!
That’s weird…! It’s not budging…!
Well, Flonne…you’re not an angel anymore. You’re a Fallen Angel, so you probably shouldn’t be able to open it…
Oh, that’s right… Oopsie.

Surely this will work.

Hyah!
Huh? Why isn’t it opening…?
Is it broken?
What!? Since we came all this way… I’ll just force it open!
No, Laharl! If you break it, you’ll completely cut off the two worlds!
Hmph…! Then what do I do…? We came all this way for nothing!?
D-D-Daaammmmmiiit!
Xenolith…? Hmm, I think I’ve heard that name before somewhere…

Meanwhile, in Celestia…

That is correct. The magic that powers the gate seems to have been dispelled by some anomaly.
We are trying to fix it as soon as possible.
That means the angels we sent to investigate cannot return. This is a troubling situation.
As soon as we open the gate, we will send out search parties to rescue them. All we can do now is wait…
I see. Work quickly.
Understood, Seraph.
How did this happen…?
What is going on in the Netherworld with the Yuie flowers and all…?

Well it seems like we just avoided a not terribly constructive conversation anyway! And that’s the chapter.

Etna’s especially strange this time.

Wait, you were with me the whole time…
You call yourself a man!? Do you even have a pair!? Why you lousy piece of—
Hey, that’s enough!
After a barrage of negative comments, Laharl is finally going to open the gate!

That’s not the gate you want to open!

Huh? Shouldn’t we call you general?

Next Time on Disgaea D2: Etna’s Letter. Etna’s got a bit of a problem.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Okay, so who is Xenolith really? I'm tempted to say Seraph Lamington, close-out cutscene notwithstanding. I suppose he could also be Kurt...somehow.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Can you still capture enemies by throwing them onto your base panel? In Disgaea 2, you could use that and level up geo effects to get a level 9999 catgirl really early in the story, so I wonder if the same is true here.

Also, I'm really enjoying the LP. I wish I had the money for a PS4 so I could pick up Disgaea 5.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I didn't realise how much Void Dark looks like Mr. Foreignrock here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Laharl screwed up his first impression, but at least the second impression seems to have gone a bit better. Although wait, if the gate isn't opening for anyone, then Xenolith and the angel must still be in the Netherworld.

That is a highly suspicious Evility on Xenolith.

Is "Sea Horse Charge" supposed to be a reference to "Sea Charge"? I don't know what book it could be referring to. But then again we have Demons with names like "Farranigo High School".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 13, 2016

• Locked thread