Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

An amnesiac Mid-Boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They chose axel, didn't they?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Sprite141 posted:

They chose axel, didn't they?

This was my first thought too, but I don't think it fits the timeline. I'm sadly going to have bet with the Prinny people, because that's what people re-incarnate into; *human* people, mind you, but this bunch probably don't know that.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sprite141 posted:

They chose Axel, didn't they?

Why is it always the weirdos who get named like me in videogames? :(

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Edmond Dantes posted:

Why is it always the weirdos who get named like me in videogames? :(

Maybe because Guns N' Roses are a bunch of weirdos?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Let's talk about some monster casters, shall we?

Sirens and Succubi:

We'll start with the Sea Angels. One piece of trivia, Sea Angel classes are named after Muses.

Stats: Sea Angels have very poor HP, poor SPD, and somewhat low ATK. On the other hand, they have high RES and okay INT. They have a 3 tile range and flying type movement, but also have unusually poor base move (only 3 tiles). They're extremely vulnerable to Fire but resistant to the other elements.

Evilities: Sea Angel Evilities are all about buffing the whole party.

Lovely Song - Increase stats of ally units on map by 5%. This is the only Sea Angel Evility that actually impacts the battlefield state. It's almost as powerful as Lanzarote's Evility. It's a minor effect but can make a difference at times.

Happy Song - Increase EXP earned by ally units on map by 10%. This is amazing and yes it stacks both with itself and all other experience boosts. It's totally philosophically possible to make 9 Sea Angels with Happy Song and do your grinding with an extra +90% EXP in addition to every other boost.

Fortune Song - Increase Mana earned by ally units on map by 20%. More situational than Happy Song but certainly valuable if you need Mana.

Skills:

Water Guillotine: Hits a single target a few tiles in front of the Sea Angel for some Ice damage. Boring but okay.

Tentacle: Hits a single target in a small flexible range for non-elemental damage. It gives the Sea Angel a non-elemental option a bit stronger than her regular attack.

Ice Wall Circle: Hits an x-shaped area just in front of the Sea Angel for some Ice damage. This can sometimes be just the right AoE shape, though that's generally rare.

Dam Maker: Hits a plus-sign shaped area in a small flexible range in front of the Sea Angel for solid Ice damage. Might be better to just get her Omega/Tera Ice though.

With A Sea Angel: Mounted Skill. Hits a 3x2 area in front of the Sea Angel/Rider pair for heavy Star damage. It's a good way to get something out of your face if that comes up, and the AoE is nice.

Spells: Sea Angels get Ice through Giga and all the special buffs Lanzarote also gets (Move!, Jump Jump Jump!, Counter Classes, Only Crits!, Throw!, Magic Extender). It's a good idea to have them apprentice to characters who can get them more powerful magic.

Now for Succubi, one of the stronger monster classes.

Stats: Succubi have poor HP and somewhat low SPD, but have increased ATK, INT, and RES. They have 4 range, Flying movement, and resist Fire and Ice.

Evilities: All Succubus Evilities interact with Male units.

Sexy Aura - Decrease stats of adjacent enemy male units by 20%. Strong when it's active but I don't really care for an Evility that forces me to rub a squishy caster all over an enemy.

Punishment - Inflict 25% of damage taken from enemy male unit to attacker. Again theoretically powerful but Succubi are a bit fragile to really want them taking blows.

Shame - Increase stats by 5% per male unit on map. This is the one, this one here. This is the dude version of the Evility Axel generally has, and it's really strong here too.

Skills:

Diving Heart: Hits a single target within a short flexible range for non-elemental damage and has a chance to cause Deprave. It's a bit shorter range than her actual attack, but the Deprave chance can be worth it.

Pink Illusion: Hits a single target slightly in front of the Succubus for okay damage and can cause Deprave. Good again if you'd prefer not to use elemental attacks.

Nightmare Carnival: Hits a plus sign area adjacent to the Succubus for solid damage and again can cause Deprave. Very nice AoE, though you do have to get up in the grillspace of enemies with her to use it which isn't great.

Twin Attribute: Hits a 3x1 line within her normal attack range for high damage and can cause Deprave. Very good honestly, and worth using even on single targets.

Judgment Rendezvous: Mounted Skill. Hits a plus sign area somewhere within a small straight line for high damage and can cause Deprave. Pretty okay, though you generally don't need it.

Spells: Succubi learn Fire through Giga, Heal through Giga, and Charm (which causes Deprave).

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Succubi always strike me as kind of "meh": everything they do can probably be done with somebody else who's a bit more effective. Sea Angels though, Sea Angels surprised me with how useful they actually are: taking two along (one for mana, one for exp) gives you units that can run around doing the usual item world shenanigans with their magic while providing very useful bonuses to everyone else doing the heavy lifting.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

thetruegentleman posted:

Succubi always strike me as kind of "meh": everything they do can probably be done with somebody else who's a bit more effective. Sea Angels though, Sea Angels surprised me with how useful they actually are: taking two along (one for mana, one for exp) gives you units that can run around doing the usual item world shenanigans with their magic while providing very useful bonuses to everyone else doing the heavy lifting.

Succubi have the same INT as an equivalent tier Magic Knight (which is just below that of a Magician/Witch), and being a monster is actually super favorable for a caster because they get effective staff mastery based on their level. You should give them a try, their redesign in Disgaea 3 (where they go back to looking more like they did in La Pucelle) coincides with NIS changing them from 'kind of okay at a bunch of things' to 'strongest monster casters'.

And yeah Sea Angels are amazing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Prinny with Laharl antennae.

Did Succubi have their own healing move or a regular heal in D1? God, that was the most pathetic thing I ever saw outside of joke characters.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Excuse me, I think you'll find the plural of "succubus" is "succupodes".

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It's Vulcanus, isn't it? I mean, Etna's brother is the obvious choice but he honestly seems too smart to get caught up with these bozos. While Vulcanus, is, well... himself.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Rangpur posted:

It's Vulcanus, isn't it? I mean, Etna's brother is the obvious choice but he honestly seems too smart to get caught up with these bozos. While Vulcanus, is, well... himself.

Isn't Vulcanus a flower? I guess he could be behind the flowers spawning everywhere, but I down he's the Krichevskoy Group's candidate unless they've taken up demonic horticulture.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'unno, it worked for Flowey, didn't it?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Prinny with Laharl antennae.

Did Succubi have their own healing move or a regular heal in D1? God, that was the most pathetic thing I ever saw outside of joke characters.

Yes they had a really lovely healing skill that hit all the adjacent tiles. They (as all monsters not named Priere and Marjoly) were really poo poo in original Disgaea. I think they might have started getting actual spells in Disgaea 2 but it wasn't until 3 that monsters were really revamped and started to get viable.

I really like their combination of high offensive power and Flying, it's great for the Item World because you can just toss them somewhere within their movement of the exit panel, blow up whoever's on it, and then leave. This is also why Metallia is the best DLC character, because she is pretty much a Succubus on crack. Also maybe the funniest monster character to Mount when you envision how much she must be bitching at having some rear end in a top hat on her shoulders.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. The stupidest plan possible... they stole the one good statue of Laharl that ever got made and somebody's talking through it with terrible ventriloquism.

Also any bets the flowers have come in through the window at the end?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Glazius posted:

Hmm. The stupidest plan possible... they stole the one good statue of Laharl that ever got made and somebody's talking through it with terrible ventriloquism.

Also any bets the flowers have come in through the window at the end?

Well they're just as ignorant as us as to where the drat things are coming from so it's pretty silly of them to sight unseen assume their magic wall is going to do jack.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Feinne posted:

Well they're just as ignorant as us as to where the drat things are coming from so it's pretty silly of them to sight unseen assume their magic wall is going to do jack.

Their magic wall is gonna make things even worse by somehow resonating with the flowers, putting the Netherworld at risk of exploding via magic nuke, isn't it?

It's kind of funny how much these guys contrast with the servants who stayed behind to help the prince: they were lazy (and powerful), but loyal, while these guys are weak, incompetent, and disloyal.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Thirty-Three: The New King

We start with a non-story map.

Video- Vile Black Crystal

Watch

So for this map we start in a pretty adverse area, surrounded by Damage tiles.

Even worse, if we want to deal with those tiles, we need to hit the other side of the map and an even WORSE area.

Those Empusa are on Blue, which has No Entry, Enemy Level Up 10%, and the ever-terrifying Mighty Enemy effect. Mighty Enemy makes enemies and only enemies invulnerable. The No Entry and Enemy Level Up effects come from symbols on either side of the map. We want to get the Enemy Level Up effect gone on turn one (just lift and throw it off, I think Symbols actually benefit from Mighty Enemy). Then we can clean up all the Baciels at our leisure. The Empusa are pretty weak once we engage them, since they are balanced around potentially getting some extra power. Next map.

Video- Fallen Destroyer

Watch

We’ve run into two members of the Krichevskoy Group, now for the last one. And perhaps it’s time to meet the new King as well. And seriously Jamieson Price is a national treasure.

Are they trying to lay their eyes on the new King Krichevskoy, too.
I’m getting really excited! This is fun!
Ummm, don’t forget to look for the angels, too.
Hmhmhmhmhm… Fools… Don’t you know that this is no place for heretics like you…?
It’s too late now… You have angered the new King Krichevskoy!
I’m the one who’s been angered! Just bring out my new old man already!
Hmhmhm… Have you not noticed yet? The menace of the God of Death who stands before you…?
What? Is it really here? Where?
Wait… Is it that Prinny?
Whaaat!? No way!
No offense to that Prinny, but an Overlord needs to look fancier, stronger, and final bossier!
Way! He is the newest and evilest Overlord in New Netherworld history, New King Krichevskoy!

Whoever called “Prinny” wins the pool.

Etna, you’re up.
You got it.

If there is a thing Etna and Laharl can both get behind is gently caress these guys trying to sell a Prinny as a replacement for his father.

Uoooooooooohhh!! We chose him by using a very specific random number generator!!!
Dammit! He was chosen at random!?
Hmm, well…since he is a Prinny, if he dies, we can just replace him! Our plan is foolproof!
I see. That’s pretty smart…
Umm, but that Prinny’s still alive…
Hey, you. Keep playing around with King Krichevskoy’s name and you’ll suffer a very slow and painful death, got it?
Although, I’ve already decided that I’m gonna kill you half to death!
Kgh! But as long as we have this wall, we’re safe!
Talk all you want, it doesn’t matter!

Fun map here. Let’s take a look at the start.

So the middle of the map has Green areas that increase defense and ice resistance and a bunch of casters (Empusa and Clio) on Invincible panels. We have to throw to reach the other half, which has the symbols that provide all these effects, some Baciels, and this guy.

New King Krichevskoy is indeed powerful at level 99, but he’s still just a Prinny with everything that entails. So what we do ASAP is throw over to this dickhead and throw him, killing him and mostly killing the Baciels as well. There’s an Enemy Weaken effect we can exchange the Invincibility on Red for, so once we secure the other side the map’s basically over. Make sure you’ve got ranged attackers in abundance, though, or this map could be a bit of a problem.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: The Best Character Returns.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Repeat after me, Krichevskoy group: Prinnies make horrible puppet sovereigns, as any jackass rebel can simply walk over and throw them at you.

Morons.

Feinne posted:

Next Time, Disgaea D2: The Best Character Returns.

Yes, but which one?

Can't be Midboss. He's certainly Best Character but he would undermine Laharl pretty badly merely by existing.
Captain Gordon, Jennifer, Thursday and/or Kurtis? Please please please.

Joke option: Prinny Vulcanus.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Omobono posted:

Can't be Midboss. He's certainly Best Character but he would undermine Laharl pretty badly merely by existing.
Captain Gordon, Jennifer, Thursday and/or Kurtis? Please please please.

Joke option: Prinny Vulcanus.

Barbara, duh. We've been over this. I can't wait to see how her taking orders literally comes to gently caress over the Krichevskoy Group this time; they very richly deserve it. :allears:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
This has been bugging me for a bit. Did Flonne get a lot taller between games? I only played through the first three or four chapters of the original, but I seem to remember her being more Laharl-sized.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

BlazeEmblem posted:

Maybe because Guns N' Roses are a bunch of weirdos?

That's Axl, not Axel :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Seyser Koze posted:

This has been bugging me for a bit. Did Flonne get a lot taller between games? I only played through the first three or four chapters of the original, but I seem to remember her being more Laharl-sized.

She is Laharl-sized. For his full character portrait Laharl slouches backwards which brings his height down (Flonne is still a tiny bit taller than him, as shown by their sprites.)
'La-girl' is definitely taller than everyone in the main cast though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Overlord map would have been a lot better if the Prinny didn't explode when tossed. I lost the first encounter with Prinny Baal in D1.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

The Overlord map would have been a lot better if the Prinny didn't explode when tossed. I lost the first encounter with Prinny Baal in D1.

Eh, that would only work if Prinnies had laughable joke stats like D1 where a level 99 one wouldn't be any stronger than the normal enemies on that map.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yesterday was super busy, as will be today and likely the next couple of days. Update will be some time in the next few days but I've just not had time to record yet.

EDIT: I managed to record just now, an awesome chapter end and then next chapter is A M A Z I N G.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 29, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

So update will probably be Wednesday or so. Let's have some of my trademark time killer NIS trivia.

Today's going to be sort of potpourri.

1) This is an NIS strategy rpg after the release of Disgaea where Laharl is NEVER playable.

2) Why the hell is Flonne's ultimate skill now Flonezilla anyway?

3) Unravel the layers of the references in Overlord Priere's skill Requiem Aeternam.

4) Name one of the three demon generals from La Pucelle.

5) Who ended up being The One?

6) What sort of demon is Emiezel?

7) Which of Raspberyl's friends was which?

8) What's Pleinair's rabbit named?

9) Speaking of Pleinair, in art what OTHER animal is she associated with?

10) Name a Soul Nomad class whose race is Sepp (there are several right answers, though I won't say how many).

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Feinne posted:

1) This is an NIS strategy rpg after the release of Disgaea where Laharl is NEVER playable.

1: Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (he only has a cameo in this one)

5: Ophelia the Fallen Angel

6: Pretty sure he's a kid Reaper Demon.

7: The samurai was Asuka Cranekick, the ninja was Kyoko Needleworker.

8: She has multiple rabbits and she just calls them all Usagi-san; she doesn't bother naming them because they're emergency rations if she gets bored.

9: Sharks?

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Feinne posted:

So update will probably be Wednesday or so. Let's have some of my trademark time killer NIS trivia.

Today's going to be sort of potpourri.

2) Why the hell is Flonne's ultimate skill now Flonezilla anyway?

10) Name a Soul Nomad class whose race is Sepp (there are several right answers, though I won't say how many).

1) Soul Nomad and the world eaters.

2)It was shown in a silly next episode preview and Flonne liked it.

5) Ophelia the fallen Angel

6) A reaper demon like his dad, even though he counts as a humanoid.

7) Asuka is a Samurai while Kyoko was a ninja

8) Usagi.

9) Sharks.

10) Bareknuckle, bandit, Bard, Swordsmen.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Couldn't tell you any of the others, but 1) would be Phantom Brave, I'd assume.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Rangpur posted:

Couldn't tell you any of the others, but 1) would be Phantom Brave, I'd assume.

Nah, you can unlock him (well, a phantom copy of him) in the post-game.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh? Well I'm not surprised my memories are faulty since I last played it during the PS2 era. Did it ever get an LP? There's a lot to recommend it for that format, albeit not so much for the person doing the work.

PRO: you can teach an owl-man to do minecart-based Kung Fu.
CON: the ungodly obtuse and drawn out process it takes to reach that point.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I've been waiting for Feinne to do Phantom Brave since 2008 or so.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

I've been waiting for Feinne to do Phantom Brave since 2008 or so.

It'll happen some day but it's so loving depressing for the first like 2/3s.

For the demon generals the actual answer is you could make up any name with French words and I'd say it could have been the third one, since I can only remember Seville Tempete and General Normande.

So the Requiem Aeternam attack's animation is of course a Miracle from La Pucelle. When it reaches the point of a normal Miracle where some kind of god or what have you should be summoned though, instead Priere herself appears. The amazing subtle touch of it is that Priere appears drawn in the same style and pose as Goddess Poitreene from the Holy miracle in La Pucelle.

Oh and I'll have an update later today, working on it now.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Thirty-Four: Barbara Strikes Back

Last time we blew up a fake Prinny overlord. Next map has no story.

Video- Shadow of Misfortune

Watch

It might look odd that there’s no effects on Aqua here, but that’s a sneaky trick the game is playing on us.

Those two Green symbols near the Aqua panels are actually Geo Monsters with Enemy Boost +50% and Super Encroach that move as soon as we end our first turn. The other symbols make Green ATK+100%. So what we want to do is clear out the rabble between us and the center on our first turn, then throw over and kill the Enemy Boost symbol to turn all the Aqua Green. Then we can just stand in the middle and clown everything with doubled attack power. Easy as can be.

Now for things to be more exciting.

Video- Utopian Abyss

Watch

Hey Kids, it’s Barbara!

Barbara?
Hmph! I knew you’d be here.
I was ordered not to let anyone pass. I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure no one gets by me!
I guess she’s still just following orders…
Get out of my way! I need to get my hands on the fools behind you!
Well, well, what a troublemaker… This magical repelling wall is very important. You shouldn’t destroy it just for fun.
Don’t make me laugh. That device wouldn’t even make a good toy.
Your final plan ends here. Just obey me already!
You won’t be so confident for much longer. This one was made with stronger magic than any of the previous ones.
Even the great King Krichevskoy himself would not have been able to surpass its defenses!
In other words, as long as we’re here, no one on the outside can even lay a finger on us!
Dammit, I don’t think they’re messing around. The magic coming out of that thing is overwhelming…
Nyahahahaha. Now, Barbara, have them step away this instant.

This keeps coming up, they really aren’t very bright.

Oh, sorry! I meant, “Use force to drive them away!” Is that specific enough?
Understood. This should be easy.
You dare to fight against me again? I destroyed you last time.
Let me warn you. The last time we fought, I didn’t even use half of my strength.
Don’t take me lightly. I might end up killing you before I drive you away.
Idiot. Let me give you a warning, too. If you don’t try to kill me, you’ll never be able to stop me!

Oh yeah while we’re arguing with someone even stupider than our team the world starts falling apart on the other side of the barrier.

What the hell!? What’s going on!? Our Netherworld is crumbling!
Grah! The obsidian darkness… It seeks to devour us whole!
Wow! I don’t know what’s going on, but this doesn’t look good! What are we gonna do!?
They’re the ones who shut themselves in. Do you wanna just leave them, Prince?
I’d like to, but we need them to search for the angels.
Let’s save them, Laharl!

In case you were wondering how Barbara would screw them over this time, this is how.

A-Are you still gonna follow orders at a time like this!?
Stop it! We can’t fight each other right now! We need to save them!
Why should I stop? I was ordered to drive you away! There is nothing wrong with what I’m doing!
What’s wrong with you!? Just shut up and get out of my way!

As the map starts we get some important information.

Not to mention, we might get—
Sucked in any minute now, too…
I know!
Kill anyone who gets in our way, and let’s go save them!
System Message: [Warning] This map has limited turns you can take. Take too much time and it is Game Over!

So yeah, we have five turns to defeat all the enemies here.

We have three Rifle Demons, four Sea Angels, and Barbara herself. And what’s worse, we have both Ally Lonely on Red and No Entry on Green to make is a bastard to move around. If you feel the need to throw over and clear Ally Lonely (not as important as you might think if you’ve got a lot of strong ranged attackers) make sure you do so without actually having anyone in the Red, as it can’t be thrown over while there is an ally in it.

Video- Chapter 8 Outro

Watch

Move! Get out of my way!

Barbara does in fact leave here, by the way. Things are even worse in the back by this point.

Why…? Our Netherworld…
…This is it, huh? I should’ve messed around a little more…
DAAAAAAMMIT! I’m getting sucked in!
Stop sounding so pitiful!
Kgh!
Prince Laharl!?
Why are you giving up? If you truly are my old man’s vassals, you shouldn’t cry so easily!
Can’t you just shut off the wall?
We tried! The device is broken! There’s nothing we can do!
Why…?
…Here goes nothing!
Oww, oww, oww…
What are you doing, angel?
Just wait there. I’ll do my best to save you.
It’s no use. An angel of your level can’t do anything about this.
I know…! But I can’t just sit here and do nothing.
You…

It’s no use! Not even King Krichevskoy could…!
Hmph! Then I just need to attack it harder than my old man!
Big Brother…
Don’t say it’s impossible! For I am Laharl, the Overlord!
The blood of my old man, the guy you all admire so much, flows through me, too!
What good am I if I can’t save the lives of my vassals!?
Laharl…
Just shut up and believe in me!
Prince…
Hrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

While Laharl is attacking the barrier, we and Etna (and nobody else) see a certain someone show up to help.

The wall…is gone!?
* huff * * huff * Did you see that!? That is the power of the Overlord…!
Over here, everyone!

The flowers have now overtaken this area too. Funny that.

The Yuie flowers are here, too…
Looks like it stopped collapsing… I wonder what happened…
Prince… We…
How was that? Now do you think I could be better than my old man?
…I think…that you are the only one who could.
Hmph! Of course.
I still don’t know why the Yuie flowers are spreading, but I’ll restore the Netherworld to how it was before.
So…you guys, get to work! For me, the Overlord!!!
As you command, Prince—no, Overlord Laharl…!
This life that was saved by your Highness…
We’ll dedicate our lives to you, Overlord of the Netherworld.
(The scene of you working hard to save their lives was truly that of an Overlord.)
(You looked really cool, Laharl.)
(When the Prince destroyed that wall… That was Xenolith I saw for a split second, wasn’t it…?)
(I guess no one else noticed… What was he doing here?)

And that’s the chapter.

And now for a very special preview.

Huh? What happened to Etna?
After receiving the power of everyone’s pure heart, Fallen Angel Flonne finally awakens!
Pure?

Lovely?

Laharl, is something wrong?
…You’re really leaning in.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: No, Really.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

It'll happen some day but it's so loving depressing for the first like 2/3s.
Seriously, the people on that planet deserve a Demon Path protagonist.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
This chapter was the first non-standard game over I got, because with a system message like that I, I had to know what would happen.

Next chapter is :swoon:

And I've been playing the demo of Phantom Brave PC, and I could have sworn there was a button combo that would let you move characters with an attack out that was really useful for stages with slippery surfaces.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Hmm. The mysterious collapse of the platform, followed by the just as sudden cease in collapsing is highly suspicious. Almost as if that whole situation was engineered just to make Laharl look good to the Krichesvskoy group. Xenolith might have the power level to be a villain, but I can't figure out what his motivation for that would be.

Is Xenolith trying to spread the flowers? ...and is Laharl the reason that they're spreading? If so that might be the reason why to improve Laharl's image.

Ardeem posted:

And I've been playing the demo of Phantom Brave PC, and I could have sworn there was a button combo that would let you move characters with an attack out that was really useful for stages with slippery surfaces.

I played with the demo of Phantom Brave PC for about 20 minutes before uninstalling it in utter disgust over its horribly painful and tedious gameplay.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I played with the demo of Phantom Brave PC for about 20 minutes before uninstalling it in utter disgust over its horribly painful and tedious gameplay.

Probably good that you didn't buy the game then and suffer through untold hours of angst and hating the system due to sunk cost fallacy. Of course at the far end of that is a perky 13 year old human girl who could take Laharl on even terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Ardeem posted:

Probably good that you didn't buy the game then and suffer through untold hours of angst and hating the system due to sunk cost fallacy. Of course at the far end of that is a perky 13 year old human girl who could take Laharl on even terms.

I'm getting better with sunk cost fallacy. Last month I gave up on a game I had 17 hours into because I realized that it was not, in fact, going to improve into anything interesting or quality. It only took about 3 hours with The Void last week to make me realize that one also had lots of tiresome mechanics and hidden penalties, which would probably require you to start over several times, and I didn't feel like trying to juggle them. (I started watching the old LP videos instead and the LP'er confirmed that the game is super-dickish and they had to restart at the 95% mark the first time.)

• Locked thread