Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Wait, when did Marona learn how to Psycho Burgundy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
When they decided they couldn't fit in Walnut/Endorph or his sister.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MarsDragon posted:

HGH posted:

When they decided they couldn't fit in Walnut/Endorph or his sister.
Same reason Ness/Lucas use PK Starstorm in Smash bros. It's a cool looking move, might as well give it to the character who shows up in other games, even if they aren't supposed to have it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mokinokaro posted:

If you think Metallia seems strong here she's amazingly broken in 5.

There's a reason she's my strongest character in that game.

Pity D5 has an anemic postgame.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

MarsDragon posted:

Well this is postgame Marona, so presumably she learned how in order to cheer up Walnut's sister.

That doesn't sound like it would work but it's a very Marona thing to do. :v:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
If you really, really watch the animation for Psycho Burgundy when Marona does it I'm pretty sure you see Walnut's shadow appear as she winds into the attack. Shooting for three more by this weekend, as always.

Mokinokaro posted:

If you think Metallia seems strong here she's amazingly broken in 5.

And yeah Pram is one of the best NIS characters in general.

Petta is pretty cool too. I hope we see a PC port of MK eventually.

Yeah while it sucks to lose the Evility from DD2 you more than make up for it with, among other things, DAT OVERLOAD.

5's postgame is really weird because while there's a lot of theoretical content it does shift into 'meh just do whatever you feel like' the quickest of the series.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 1, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

The Netherworld's Hero and a Pair of Redheads

Let's talk about three more of the DLC characters!

Nisa:

Nisa is the character created to represent NIS in the first two Hyperdimension Neptunia games when they were still part of the team making those. They've retained the rights to her, and now she shows up as a bonus character in these.

Weapon Skills: Nisa has an S rank in Swords and Guns, A in Fists, B in Axes, C in Spears and Bows, and D in Staves and Books. She's actually got an earnest choice between Swords and Guns, her stats support both.

Stats: Nisa has high HP, ATK, HIT, and SPD, making her totally able to take advantage of both of her S ranks and arguably pretty good with Fists as well. You could totally use her as a frontliner if you have enough gun users. She's also got crazy high movement, which is always a plus.

Evility: Nisa'a Evility, Flat Alliance, increases her stats by 5% for every character you have deployed who is classified as "flat". This is what it sounds like. It could amount to a +50% stat increase though and that's not nothing.

Skills:

Justice Knife - Hits a plus sign area directly in front of Nisa for alright damage. It's a good AoE option though you probably don't want enemies this close if you're using Guns.

V Extreme - Hits a single target in a four tile flexible range for massive damage. Arguably the skill that makes Nisa worthwhile, it's hard to compete with this even with top-end weapon skills.

NISA - Hits a rectangular area around Nisa for okay damage. The area is really strange and it's kind of hard to use well, not a huge fan.

Adell:

Adell is the other protagonist of Disgaea 2, and is a cool dude. He has a new voice actor here who is not nearly as good as Johnny Yong Bosch.

Weapon Skills: Adell has an S rank with Fists, A with Swords, B with Spears and Bows, C with Axes, and D with Guns, Staves, and Books. Use Fists, they're just his style.

Stats: Adell has great ATK, SPD, and HP as well as high DEF and HIT but suffers from reduced SP and INT. He's also super mobile, has a goddamn billion Counters, and is highly resistant to Fire.

Evility: Adell's Burning Spirit Evility makes him 5% stronger every time he attacks or is targeted. It's probably not as good as Laharl's is in practice since you really would prefer to one-shot enemies and never be targeted at all.

Skills:

Crimson Flame - Hits a small cone (four total tiles) in front of Adell for alright Fire damage. It's mostly good for the Fire type, Fists have better AoEs.

Combo Explosion Shot - Hits a three tile line two tiles ahead of Adell for solid damage. It's not Fire typed and has some range that Fists would normally lack, this is a super cool skill.

Vulcan Blaze - This poo poo is the MONEY right here. Hits a single target in melee range for MASSIVE Fire damage. This attack is as strong as a goddamn high affection mounted skill, and can justify running Adell just for it.

Priere (Overlord):

Priere was the protagonist of La Pucelle. During that game it was possible for her to technically become an Overlord during postgame content, and the canon outcome of that game does seem to be that this happens. Overlord Priere is a monster type character, unlike the human version we will be seeing later.

Stats: Priere has high HP, ATK, solid HIT and SPD, and okay DEF. She's also got a ton of Counters for a monster.

Evility: Priere has a choice of Evilities in this game.

Converge Attack - Increase damage dealt by 10% per open panel within attack area. She's got some AoE attacks that this makes far more threatening when used on single targets, and this is the obvious choice for single target damage.

Mass Blaster - Increase damage dealt by 20% per enemy within attack area. Meanwhile this is the opposite, and requires there to be multiple enemies being hit. I'll note below the inflection points for her specials as far as which is better. This is definitely best for level farming though, since you'll be AoEing for that.

Skills:

Atomic Super Blast - Hits a five tile concave area two tiles in front of Priere for alright Fire damage. Mass Blaster is better as soon as you hit two enemies with this attack.

Holy Breaker - Hits a five tile plus sign a tile in front of Priere for decent damage. Again, Mass Blaster is better as soon as you hit two enemies.

Requiem Aeternam Fin - Hits a nine tile square in melee range of Priere for good damage. Converge Attack is better for the first two targets, they are equal at 3, and Mass Blaster overtakes at 4.

Light and Darkness - Mounted Skill. Hits a single target within two tiles (linear) for massive damage. Mass Blaster is always better, because this attack can't benefit from Converge Attack at all.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Next update will be Plume, Beryl, and Eclair. I've recorded, so we're good for the next couple days.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Forty-Eight: A Pair of Princesses and the Legendary Delinquent

Let’s get on with this week’s DLC. We’ll start on the most obscure of the three, the Battle Princess of the Arcadias Plumiere.

Video- Castle Invader

Watch

We return to Castle Grosso for this one, and the report actually comes from him.

What’s wrong, Grosso? You look pretty frantic…
M-My castle has been taken over by a human that I have never seen before!
…You idiot. If it’s just a mere human, beat them up and drive them out!
Don’t take that human lightly, it’s as powerful as a Majin! I have no chance of vanquishing it.
Everyone in the castle betrayed me as soon as it was apparent I was going to lose.
At this point, I can only count on my Overlord to take my castle back. That was the conclusion I came up with!
Huh? But the Prinnies told us there was a demon who was after the Overlord’s throne.
So you pulled a quick one on us, huh? You lied to the Prinnies to get us to show up.
Wh-What are you saying!? This human took over the castle that belongs to me, a loyal advisor to Overlord Laharl.
If we don’t do something about it right away, they will eventually take over the Overlord’s Castle, too!
Which means…it’s safe to say that they are after the Overlord’s throne!
…Fine, whatever.
I knew you would understand, my lord! Your openheartedness… You are one step closer to King Krichevskoy!
Hmph! I’m already above and beyond my old man…
Where is this human anyway?
Laharl, someone’s coming out of the castle!

Plume even maintains the visual aesthetic of Battle Princess, which is a nice touch.

Yah! Overlord Laharl! That is the girl who took over my castle!
I’ll never forgive you for trying to jump into my bed and do stuff to me.
…What the hell were you trying to do to her?
Please do not look at me like that! She’s the one who suddenly appeared in my bed! I was just trying to get her out…
No! That’s terrible. She’s a girl, so you need to be nice to her.
Hey you, you’ve got guts to take over the castle of an Overlord’s vassal, being a human and all.
Huh? What? But this is the castle I’ve always lived…
…in!? Huh? Where am I!?
Took you long enough.
Whatever the case may be, this was all just a simple misunderstanding. We can just talk this over.
No, we can’t! Misunderstanding or not, it doesn’t change the fact that she took over my castle!
Overlord Laharl, please punish her in some way!
Of course. If I keep letting her plow through demons, it’s gonna make me, the Overlord, look bad.
Leave this to me.
I don’t know what’s going on, but…as the Battle Princess, I’m not gonna just sit here and let you defeat me!
Here I go!

Plume is joined by all of Grosso’s former allies, which is bad news for us as we’ll see given what she does.

Let’s look at Plume herself.

So Plume’s stats are okay but not amazing. She’s great with Swords though, and her unique skills are goddamn devastating single target attacks. Furthermore, her Evility strengthens all her allies by 10% for every enemy she defeats. Clear out as many of her friends as you can before she engages, she’s likely to get a kill or two given how hard she hits and you don’t need all her allies getting buffed as well.

Haaahahahaha!!!
This is the power of the Overlord! You humans have no chance against me!
Well done, my lord. You have preserved the reputation of demons everywhere.
Sorry… It didn’t have to come to this.
Let me heal your wounds… Please sit tight.
It’s okay. Thanks for your concern.
So, why did you suddenly appear in Grosso’s castle?
I was just sleeping in my bedroom, like any other day…
But when I woke up, I was here, and that golden old man with glasses was awfully close to my face, so naturally, I punched him.
Sorry.
Jeez…couldn’t you have noticed earlier!?
Strange things sure can happen…but how are you going to get back…?
I don’t know, but I should be able to go home eventually!
I hope so…
But until then, can I stay in this castle? Please?
No! Absolutely not!
Just moments ago, you were wreaking havoc in my castle and now you want to stay here? How can you even ask that?
But she has nowhere else to go.
I understand how you feel, but we have to help her somehow…
Please!

Grosso’s agreeing, which is suspicious.

Really!? Yay!
Hold on a second, I never said you could stay at this castle.
I know of a castle that is much grander than this one. They should be able to take care of you nicely there.
Ummm…okay. I guess beggars can’t be choosers…
Very well, follow me. It’s this way.
Okay!
How foolish of him to help a human like that.
Ummm, Prince, I think that by grander castle, he meant the Overlord’s Castle…
Huh?
He did walk off in that direction…
Why didn’t you tell me earlier!?
Hold on, Grosso! Don’t create more work for me!
Well, well, well…
Looks like we have one more friend…
Maybe we can throw a welcome party… I need to make lots of food!
System Message: Plume joined your party!

Before our next Princess, let’s pick up Beryl.

Video- Donation Outlaw

Watch

Raspberyl’s doing the sort of stuff she’s always doing.

Big Brother, why don’t we ask that person over there?
Good idea. It’s a demon’s duty to help me out, because I am the Overlord!
Ummm, excuse me…
Do you need something?
Ummm…have you seen any demons that look like they want to become the Overlord?
…What? Could you be any more vague?
Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any demons that had the guts to do that. All the demons I’ve seen were cowards and weaklings.
That’s strange… According to the Prinny Squad, they should be around here somewhere.
I knew we shouldn’t believe anything the Prinnies say.
This was a big waste of time. Let’s go back to the Overlord’s Castle.
Hold on.
I’m actually doing some volunteer work for less fortunate demons.
Could you donate some HL? Even a single HL would help.
A demon doing volunteer work!? How wonderful! This must be thanks to my efforts to spread love throughout the Netherworld!
I really doubt that. I bet she’s just gonna spend that money on herself. That’s what I would do.

Beryl’s got amazing animations, especially her walk.

And this is only a small part of my volunteer work. I pick up trash, care for the elderly, and often donate blood multiple times a day!
Wow… I don’t even know any angels that do all that!
Laharl! As the Overlord, you should donate your whole wallet!
Are you stupid? There isn’t a demon alive that would give her any money.
What!? You’re the Overlord!? Guess you can’t judge a book by its cover!
But that means you’ve got some money, right? Please help me out. Any amount would do.
Hmph! If you want my money…then earn it by taking it from me!
What!? We’re gonna fight!?

Beryl’s all alone on this map.

She’s not super powerful (especially since the monster characters don’t come equipped with a legendary weapon) but watch out for her Evility. It’s no longer her standard Hello Throw, instead she does 50% increased damage to higher level enemies. This can be a nasty surprise, especially if you’re vulnerable to Fire. Still, she’s all alone and a fragile caster, just throw someone over to her and kill her on turn one.

Ouch… My attacks barely even hurt you… I guess you really are the Overlord…
Wait! We shouldn’t fight!
All she wanted was a small donation! Why can’t we just give her a small amount of money?
Yeah, I’m with Flonne.
If you’re not gonna do it, then I’ll do it instead.
What do you think you’re doing? I didn’t say I wasn’t going to donate.
Big Brother!?
Here. Take this.
What!? Hey, if you’re gonna just give away money like that…at least give it to me!
Are you sure? You do know I lost, right?
Just take it, and don’t complain.
Thanks! You know, for an Overlord, you aren’t bad!
Next time, I’ll bring some organ donor stickers, so…help me out then, too!
Prince! Why are you being so nice?
If you just give her money like that, all your vassals, and even the Prinnies are gonna endlessly complain!
Hmmm…you do have a point.

And now we get to how she joins the party.

Good idea. I’m satisfied with that.
Wait! If you do that, then it won’t be a donation!
Don’t worry about the minor details.
So…you’re gonna work for me now, got it?
Hrm… How did this happen…?
I guess at this point, giving the HL back wouldn’t do me any good…
Fine, I’ll work off the amount you gave me!
System Message: Raspberyl joined your party!
I wonder how much Big Brother donated…
It was about as much as a Prinny can make in a lifetime…
What!?
…Big Brother, how long are you going to make her work for you?

Now for Eclair, who had a surprise comeback late in regulation.

Video- Runaway Future Queen

Watch

This is her very first appearance as DLC in spite of her having been around forever, let’s give her a hand! I wish she’d been DLC in 5 tbqh, she could have had an Overload that turned her into Dark Eclair and everything.

Queen Crepine and the others are probably worried about me.
Is it okay for me to keep running away like this…?
I am the heir to the throne… It hurts to run away from them after how well they’ve all treated me…
But…I want to be free… I want to be free of all my responsibilities. If I become the Queen, I probably won’t have any freedom.
I’m sorry, Mother… Please indulge me for just a little while longer.
Anyway…where am I? It’s very different from anywhere I’ve seen from the castle windows…
Over there!
…Um, Etna, are you sure that’s her?
She doesn’t look like a bad person. I don’t want to go through with this…
You don’t get it, do you? People with innocent-looking faces are always the most evil.
Hmhmhm… Now that I’ve found you, there’s no escape. You can’t run from me.
(Are these people from the castle who’ve come to take me back!?)
(But…I don’t want to go back!)

Looks like another comic misunderstanding!

Fool, why would I do that? I don’t even know what you’re planning?
I guess I have no choice…
If you come any closer, I will have to draw my weapons. Will you please stay back?
Hmhmhm… So, you want to fight?
Interesting. Let’s see what you’re all about!

Eclair is another fight where they’re all alone, making this quite easy.

Eclair is our defensive DLC character, and her Evility supports this. If she Defends, then our entire party gets a half-effect Defend as well. That’s super nice, and if we get her an Armor Knight Evility as well then things can be really interesting. She’s also got a really solid single target attack, I’m a big fan.

I will return to the castle with you… That’s what you want, isn’t it?
What the hell are you talking about!? You couldn’t be t he Overlord, so now you want to be the Queen? How greedy can you be?
Not to mention, I have no interest in marrying you.
Overlord? Marry? What are you talking about?
Aren’t you soldiers from Cresson Castle who have come to bring me back?
No! I’m the Overlord! Overlord Laharl!
Huh!? How did this…?
You came from another world, right? Didn’t you know that you came to the Netherworld?
…Is this some kind of bad dream?
I ran away from the castle and ended up in the Netherworld, fighting the Overlord…? This can’t be happening…
But it looks like that’s exactly what happened.
What do you want to do, Laharl? It doesn’t seem like she came here to become the Overlord.
Hmm…
In that case, she has nothing to do with me. Just leave her alone. Let’s go back.
But she’s gonna get lost on her own…
Sicily’s right. It doesn’t seem like she knows how to get back…
I guess she’s really unlucky. Anyway, it’s not my problem.

Help comes from an unexpected source.

Etna…what’s up with you? Did you eat something way after its expiration date?
Etna’s never this nice…
No! I bet Etna has awakened to the power of love, all thanks to me! Hmhmhm.
Nope, not at all.
Anyway, if you stay by yourself, the monsters’ll get ya. You’re better off staying with us.
B-But…I shouldn’t associate with the Overlord…
We’re not gonna eat you or anything. I’ll find a way to get you back to your world, but for now, just follow us.
…Okay. You have a point… I wouldn’t know what to do all by myself… I really appreciate your help.
My name is Eclair. Pleased to meet you all.
System Message: Eclair joined your party!
Do whatever you want, but I’m not gonna do anything to help you.
Yeah, yeah, we know.
Wow, my perspective of Etna has changed…
Me, too! Etna’s kindness is bringing tears to my eyes!
(So that girl is some princess from a different world, huh?)
(I can use her as a hostage to raise some moolah…)
(Letting her go would be like throwing money away. Until the day you return home, I’m gonna work you hard.)

And that’s that for today. Next time we’ll have three more.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't remember hearing anything about what game Plume came from.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't remember hearing anything about what game Plume came from.

It's called Battle Princess of the Arcadias and it only ever released on PSN. It's a very strange game whose plot doesn't quite feel like it finishes but it is super fun to play, it's an Odin Sphere style beat-em-up with a bunch of really cool wrinkles and it's pretty cheap, very worth picking up honestly.

Plume is the titular Battle Princess, and I don't want to say anything more about her because the plot of the game is loving bizarre and it'd be way too easy to spoil things.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Plume is adorable.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

It's called Battle Princess of the Arcadias and it only ever released on PSN. It's a very strange game whose plot doesn't quite feel like it finishes but it is super fun to play, it's an Odin Sphere style beat-em-up with a bunch of really cool wrinkles and it's pretty cheap, very worth picking up honestly.

Plume is the titular Battle Princess, and I don't want to say anything more about her because the plot of the game is loving bizarre and it'd be way too easy to spoil things.
Officially it's always "Battle Princess of Arcadias", without a "the". I guess "Arcadias" is meant to be singular, not plural. What is Arcadias? Is it the name of the world? Who knows! The game sure won't tell you.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Officially it's always "Battle Princess of Arcadias", without a "the". I guess "Arcadias" is meant to be singular, not plural. What is Arcadias? Is it the name of the world? Who knows! The game sure won't tell you.

It soooort of does but I'm not going to explain it either because seriously the plot is something else and needs to just be experienced.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Feinne posted:

It soooort of does but I'm not going to explain it either because seriously the plot is something else and needs to just be experienced.

Does that mean you plan to LP it (presumably after D5)?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Feinne posted:

Because it's you, do you mean that that in the sense of "wow this is surprisingly clever in an unexpected way", or do you mean "wow this is so hosed up in a very Japanese/anime slow-motion trainwreck way"?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Because it's you, do you mean that that in the sense of "wow this is surprisingly clever in an unexpected way", or do you mean "wow this is so hosed up in a very Japanese/anime slow-motion trainwreck way"?
I wouldn't say it's hosed up. It makes a number of very unusual choices, and some of them are very refreshing. Some of them are bewildering, but generally not because they're offensive.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

The world may be on fire but I'm still shooting for having an update this weekend, presuming there is still internet then.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I always figured that even the apocalypse couldn't stop you from LPing.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

I always figured that even the apocalypse couldn't stop you from LPing.

I will be carving transcripts of games into stone loving tablets then harshly criticizing my sloppy work on the tablets long after there is even power for those games to exist anywhere but in my fevered imagination.

Funny story there IS no such game as Hyperdimension Neptunia, I seriously can't believe you all fell for that poo poo.

Also when it turns out Trump is Nyarlathotep and the world is only saved by a plucky band of teenagers well I called that poo poo just now. poo poo now I kinda want to dust off my partially-completed rules for tabletop persona because that would be a goddamn sick premise to build around.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 9, 2016

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Feinne posted:

Funny story there IS no such game as Hyperdimension Neptunia, I seriously can't believe you all fell for that poo poo.

Well, of course. The dogoo's a good dream eater but not that good at eating Bad Game Design decisions.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

Also when it turns out Trump is Nyarlathotep and the world is only saved by a plucky band of teenagers well I called that poo poo just now. poo poo now I kinda want to dust off my partially-completed rules for tabletop persona because that would be a goddamn sick premise to build around.
Please stop spoiling Persona 5.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feinne posted:

Ummm…have you seen any demons that look like they want to become the Overlord?
…What? Could you be any more vague?

My favorite dialogue line in the series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Feinne posted:

I could swear one of the persona games minor antag was some kind of political figure. (That isnt hitlerder fuhrer)

Also id like to see power/metagamers trying to exploit the social link mechanic.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I hope you use a tarot deck for randomness instead of dice, otherwise what are you even doing?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I could swear one of the persona games minor antag was some kind of political figure. (That isnt hitlerder fuhrer)

Also id like to see power/metagamers trying to exploit the social link mechanic.

For every hour at the table, another three or four get spent fiddling with an increasingly elaborate spreadsheet of schedules trying to guess the sequence that lets as many people as possible max every link in time. Until they break down and give up partway through in favor of laser focus on Star/Tower/whatever looks most likely to have the I Win Persona.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

I hope you use a tarot deck for randomness instead of dice, otherwise what are you even doing?

That was in fact the plan!

It was also going to be a lot more Persona 1/2s like in how things worked since the social link thing kind of requires there to be a single focus protagonist which is poison to tabletop.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 9, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You could at least have the fool, to represent the group's progress and offer mechanical rewards for progressing the story.
Players take a character personality test to determine their tarot, and their secret determines their shadow.

You better have reverse arcana tho :colbert:

Looking forward to (8d10)x2.5x2 Hassou Tobi though

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 9, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

That was in fact the plan!
A+.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

You could at least have the fool, to represent the group's progress and offer mechanical rewards for progressing the story.
Players take a character personality test to determine their tarot, and their secret determines their shadow.

You better have reverse arcana tho :colbert:

Looking forward to (8d10)x2.5x2 Hassou Tobi though

I had a different plan for the campaign I envisioned that had the same mechanical impact as a progressing Fool link. I don't want to say too much because I'm kinda thinking of finishing the fight on this and I earnestly think my idea was kinda cool (a rare thing for ideas of mine, which I normally think are garbage).

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

The only one I can think of is EP's main non-Nyarlathotep villain, who was a corrupt Japanese politician that ran the NWO from behind the scenes.

No one remembers him because he's not Nyarlathotep.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Good thing Mara lost.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

MarsDragon posted:

The only one I can think of is EP's main non-Nyarlathotep villain, who was a corrupt Japanese politician that ran the NWO from behind the scenes.

There's a guy in P5 that is a politician basically running on a platform of "Make Japan Great Again".

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 9, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

Yeah Nyarlathotep is a somewhat extravagant villain that monopolizes attention.

I've been heaping up mounds of corpses in Bloodborne but I'm going to try and get some more DLC recorded today.

Also clearly the democrats should have just run Salvatore/Big Star: Make America Magnificent Again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tarezax posted:

There's a guy in P5 that is a politician basically running on a platform of "Make Japan Great Again".
Was there a politician in I think was P1, who was literally Thor in disguise?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was there a politician in I think was P1, who was literally Thor in disguise?

Yes. He's the guy who ends up kicking off the apocalypse, IIRC

edit: SMT1, not P1

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Yes. He's the guy who ends up kicking off the apocalypse, IIRC

edit: SMT1, not P1

Wasn't he a reference to an actual American politician that Japan in general doesn't like a whole lot? I also remember his name was kind of an obvious giveaway.

As for Persona tabletop things, I'm in a campaign that uses Valor (with a few modifications) for it and it's working great. Which isn't to say that trying to get out something more specific is a bad idea, just that there's options.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

IIRC the guy's name was Thorman, which does double duty as Thor and Truman puns.

Truman was the President who ordered the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Feeling a bit under the weather today but I should have Mao and Salvatore tomorrow (it's all recorded and cut and everything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Feinne posted:

The world may be on fire but I'm still shooting for having an update this weekend, presuming there is still internet then.

Amen to that, brother. Err, sister.

Is it bad that I want to start a rebellion, just like Killia? Trump will basically become Void Dark if we don't do something about it (this is a joke).

• Locked thread