Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious

hey there

cleaning out stuff for my move i found a scrapbook from when i was 10 years old and i want to share it with you

here are some excerpts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious

i cant exactly say what was going through my mind when i made this collage

Ostentatious

a haiku by me, age 10

Ostentatious

i think i was told to make my dream house

Ostentatious

i dont know what i was going for here

Ostentatious

huh

Ostentatious

a very spring-like picture by me, age 10

Ostentatious

the aesthetic of this picture screams 2003

Ostentatious

my father was going through chemo for stage IV cancer and i remember getting really into baseball. i think i used baseball and video games (see the playstation 1 cd) as an escape from that

Ostentatious

the funny thing is i dont know any of these people anymore

you spend so much time cultivating these relationships and promise that you will "keep in touch" after high school but it never really happens, you just learn to move on and all that. its usually for the best

Ostentatious

i guess we had to compliment each other at some point

though the important thing is we cherished the times that we spent back then instead of focusing on the negative because regardless of how bad it got there is usually some person to talk to or who shared your interests (unless you completely shield yourself off completely). i usually think of age 10 as a really dark period because of all the family sickness and all but human connection is the thing that pushes people forward. the people you confide in act as a shoulder to help carry burdens that you might have and i guess thats an important thing to keep in mind

though if anyone is wondering, i did not get better at sk8boarding, and someone was a really huge fan of the show viva la bam and the band him

Ostentatious

that is my scrapbook (or what is legible, i had really bad handwriting) i hope you all had fun looking at the pictures

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

not a single "HAGS" seen on your yearbook signing page. you must really do have a great personately.

Ostentatious

Macnult posted:

not a single "HAGS" seen on your yearbook signing page. you must really do have a great personately.

thank you so much i take great pride in my personately

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Ostentatious posted:

this is a beautiful sunset

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

Ostentatious posted:

i guess we had to compliment each other at some point

though the important thing is we cherished the times that we spent back then instead of focusing on the negative because regardless of how bad it got there is usually some person to talk to or who shared your interests (unless you completely shield yourself off completely). i usually think of age 10 as a really dark period because of all the family sickness and all but human connection is the thing that pushes people forward. the people you confide in act as a shoulder to help carry burdens that you might have and i guess thats an important thing to keep in mind

though if anyone is wondering, i did not get better at sk8boarding, and someone was a really huge fan of the show viva la bam and the band him

"You have improved" is so back-handed.

We had to do something like this, and I didn't know what to say about this one kid who had this blonde hair that looked white. SO I wrote, "You have really nice white hair" and my friend told me that wasn't very nice. :(

FluffieDuckie

did you continue impressing you know who?

also who was she?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Ostentatious

FluffieDuckie posted:

did you continue impressing you know who?

also who was she?

i hope i did! i went out with her in high school and we still play video games together

her name is sachiko, wasnt in my class though

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 17, 2016

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

you have improved :colbert:

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
you have improved is the kind of thing someone says who is bad at friends but good at honesty

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

"you have improved " is the first step down the path to coitus

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Love Stole the Day
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
http://i.imgur.com/GoHNZ08.gifv

edit why wont it load

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 17, 2016

Ostentatious

"you have improved" is basically the "you got a C" of compliments but its better to get a C than a D

Doctor Dogballs

i like your scrap book and thread. also you are a young'un

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

alnilam

Doctor Dogballs posted:

i like your scrap book and thread. also you are a young'un

alnilam

Your sunset with bars is actually really cool imo

alnilam

Looks like Anna Telnaes?

alnilam

Ostentatious posted:

i think i was told to make my dream house

Hell I'd live there, dibs on the brick (?) room

Robot Made of Meat

"Stay nice" is a little better than "you have improved," i suppose.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
That's cool. Do you still make art?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ostentatious

misty mountaintop posted:

That's cool. Do you still make art?

i make video game stuff

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
byob: you have improved

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
crazy cloud

by Cyrano4747
Piles of leafs in places haiku is dope

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Ostentatious posted:

Others already mentioned it, but this is dope as hell.

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
have you been keeping up with the sk8boarding?
this is important to me.

Doctor Dogballs

Ostentatious posted:

i make video game stuff

can you elaborate

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Ostentatious

Doctor Dogballs posted:

can you elaborate

oh uh

i mess around in maya and make small video games in unity and unreal engine. if i ever get the courage to i will release what i make to the cruel world of the internet (and byob)

Ostentatious

Gomi Day posted:

have you been keeping up with the sk8boarding?
this is important to me.

i did not, the person who wrote that broke his wrist real bad when we were sk8boarding and it soured me on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs

Ostentatious posted:

i did not, the person who wrote that broke his wrist real bad when we were sk8boarding and it soured me on it

looks like he'll never be the head of a major corporation

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

• Locked thread