Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Or really just going back in time and doing this two years ahead of how they actually did it, before everyone lost their loving minds and we descended into this eternal political hellpit hatefuck circlejerk

Ah yes, back when neckbeards didn't overreact to creative editing in remasters. And when sequels to old IPs weren't compared to raped childhoods.

RA2 still owns

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Involuntary celibates and fringe politics. A winning combonation if there ever was one.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this actually happened

http://gameranx.com/features/id/47159/article/trying-to-understand-baldurs-gategate/

cool how the consumer revolt opposed to censorship in gaming censored a game tho :thumbsup:

i'm going to kill myself

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
in other news, RPS is still hilariously bad

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
loving die

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

im deifnitely reading all those words

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Slam that gate on gamers

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ops name is cancerously table breaking and poo poo. Rename him to cancerous table breakage.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this actually happened

http://gameranx.com/features/id/47159/article/trying-to-understand-baldurs-gategate/

cool how the consumer revolt opposed to censorship in gaming censored a game tho :thumbsup:

I read that article and it seems like some trans poo poo was clumsily shoehorned into the new DLC, as well as some joke about "ethics", and then they were surprised that there was gamergate backlash?

lol "I poked the sleeping poop monster, and it woke up and got poop all over me"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this actually happened

I only read the first part of it but it takes a pretty big leap from "this game straight up doesn't work and retroactively fucks up your savefiles" to "there's a Trans person in this game" with literally no setup or explanation

Edit: "the real world isn't all cis"
I'm pretty sure Trans people are like one half of one percent of the world's population

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

BexGu posted:

Straight up thought you where talking about sonic the hedgehog fans for a minute.

you shattered my reading of that post as well. I wanted to believe

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

T r a v i s posted:

Gamergate is history now because the subject was never as universal as something like bathrooms. I think it's pretty likely that it was just part of the lead up to a more generalized backlash against the outrage culture fad that gets closer with every new 'issue' they take to the public stage.

nah it was a bunch of man children crying about things actual adults dont give a gently caress about

Woden
May 6, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

I only read the first part of it but it takes a pretty big leap from "this game straight up doesn't work and retroactively fucks up your savefiles" to "there's a Trans person in this game" with literally no setup or explanation

Apparently the game does the same thing.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i wonder if Trump is aware of Gamergate?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i have passed through the gamers gate and into the friend zone

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
After a thousand years of peace, the gamer gates have opened. SJHitler descends in a wave of darkness to write on Twitter that Ghostbusters still might be good.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
hey op, why dont you suck the games out of my gamehole

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

this week on gamergate sj-1

macgyver goes to another vancouver planet and discovers the remnants of ancient ethics in game journalism

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

VectorSigma posted:

this week on gamergate sj-1

macgyver goes to another vancouver planet and discovers the remnants of ancient ethics in game journalism

the blonde lady who's friends with mcguyver gets possessed by an evil ancient egyptian alien pair of grandma glasses

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You, the chosen one, must seal the five gamergates. There's the fire gate, the ice gate, the earth gate, the sky gate, and the fantasy boob armor gate.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

l0wt4x posted:

i think its creepy u r obsessed with pants making GBS threads farts and wore diapers in a psych ward and r insecure as gently caress or something also picking ur nails also ur whole god drat neo nazi family history also ur sister was turned into a god drat deer in the headlights by that retard from death from above or watever band also etc etc etc i want a god drat motorbike

yamaha bolt 2017 also please remove my charges at once!!!!

goat loving and killing and blood baths r real and gross ur lucky u didnt turn out like that path stabber

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
don't like the ghostbuster remake? obviously, you must be a gater

• Locked thread