Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

That is quite the saxophone.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

But in all seriousness everyone should check in before we go to day 2. Lynch All lurkers I always so

I'm here but I still have no clue wtf is going on

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

Hi everyone it's the late afternoon and I'm very drunk

I am on my way to this status so I fully support this message

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

What r u drinkin

Currently Bulleit. That may change later. Perks of having a bar at the office :allears:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

Actually Bulleit makes a very good Rye so I'd suggest that if you have access to it :)

I don't at the moment but I will look for it. :hfive:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

I actually don't know why QUIDNOSE is still alive

I wasn't going to vote for him because he participated in Bulleit chat with me yesterday but since I am now out of Bulleit and have a raging hangover, welp

##vote Quidnose

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

Sooo, no NK, and we got scum lynched.

Think it's a scum gambit or a PR block?

Forgive my ignorance- what's a PR block?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

a Power Role could have picked the right person to protect, or they targeted someone who would be immune to a NK.

examples are Doctor, Jailer, Hider, Bulletproof, Commuter, Alien, the list goes on.

Got it. I had the block part but didn't know PR= Power Role.

It seems like a bit of a strange gambit for scum to make to intentionally not make a kill Night 1 after losing one of their own (although the town did lose one too). I'd still lean more towards a block.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Left a word out of my last post- I had the block part figured out, not that I myself blocked anyone.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

##vote ypm

scum = busted

gj doc saving me last night. wp.

I am intrigued by this. Continue.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't really understand either. More details, please.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm going to ignore Nutsack for the moment since I have no idea what he's talking about, I'll wait for him to explain.

I looked back over the quid lynch to see what was what. It was, for all intents and purposes, was a blind lynch. No one gave a good explanation as to why he was scum, it was more a continuation of the latent turbo that we were trying for.

Given that, I don't like Illegally's vote. He posted nothing of substance the whole day and then threw on his vote on Quid, which screamed to me that he saw his scumbuddy was going down and bussed him.

That alone wouldn't be enough for me to vote him but combined with him trying to fly under the radar is enough to make me suspicious.

##vote Illegally

Aren't you the one Nutsack voted for right before he disappeared?

I agree with you that in general the first lynch seemed to basically be blind and if you read back through what I posted I had no real justification for adding my vote besides trying to get the wheels turning on something.

However, Nutsack calls you out, disappears, and while the rest of us are waiting for more explanation, now you're trying to pin the blame on someone else?

I have no idea what the term "bussed him" refers to in this context unless it's "throwing him under the bus" which I'll happily cop to as a member of Town and someone who wanted to get the game moving. And Town was right (probably by chance, but whatever)

If your accusation on me is "flying under the radar," though, that's exactly what you're trying to do by deflecting attention in my direction when I haven't done anything, in the face of the first accusation that you haven't defended at all.

I'm convinced on this one.

##vote Your Personal Muse

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I used that buzzword because that's what he is doing. His entire day one is white noise. While this wasn't a content heavy day one, he actively tried to avoid content.

Don't see a whole lot of substance in your day one posts either, buddy. At least I had Bulleit to drink. What's your excuse?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

You didn't actively avoid content. Like I said, having a poor reason to vote quid doesn't mean anything without the avoiding content. The quid votes are poor and don't mean anything in a vacuum

What content did I avoid? You're gonna have to help me understand this one.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This is during a turbo of quid. No comment on the turbo. Not saying he should of jumped on it, but he kind of acted like it didn't happen.

Best I can tell in my exceptionally limited experience with this game is that someone usually gets singled out and gets a few votes and everyone then backs off. I was trying to stay in-theme despite knowing little to nothing about it. Whoops, I guess?

The only stuff of substance, in response to a lynch all lurkers post, is something that isn't scumhunting.

And then he votes quid.

Admittedly, reading over it he mentioned drinking during this time which could account for his relative aloofness. But still, it read to me as someone with his head in the ground while chaos was happening, and given that that chaos resulted in scum dying, it could have been tactic by scum to make the case on his scum buddy seem less heated than it was.

Was I supposed to stay quiet and get lynched instead?

And that last tactical piece- if I were scum, would it not have made more sense to try to deflect onto someone else to save my scum buddy rather than either sit back and do nothing or dogpile one of my own?

Meanwhile, there's still only one person who's deflecting onto someone else (you) and one person who's hasn't given a solid answer to an accusation (that's you too).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

But still, it read to me as someone with his head in the ground while chaos was happening, and given that that chaos resulted in scum dying, it could have been tactic by scum to make the case on his scum buddy seem less heated than it was.

Second, you couldn't have deflected. It was pretty clear he was getting lynched.

So I had my head in the ground but I couldn't have done anything if I wanted to, but because I didn't do anything it reads as a scum tactic anyway?

Got it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

You and I can argue back and forth all night but no one else seems interested in doing anything about it until Nutsack comes back. I'll drop it for the moment, but your case against me seems awful flimsy and to all of a sudden single me out seems far more like a scum tactic than anything I did or didn't do.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

God forbid someone tried to make a case around here.

Fair point.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I've been sick so I haven't been checking this much the last 24 hours or so but I'll go through this afternoon and see how I feel about the last page or so of posts. Either way, as someone said, we kind of just need to make a lynch to get the game moving, regardless of what direction that is.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm back. Re-reading the thread now. Who knows what I'll be able to pull out of it but it's worth a shot.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, so as best I understand the setup reading the Matrix6 link in the OP, it had to start with 7 Town and 2 Mafia, yes? And we've already got 1 so there's only one left.

Kasumeat is about the only one I trust as "confirmed" Town at this point other than myself because almost all of his posts from Day 2 have been really good mechanics-related stuff or solid questioning and I can't see him doing that as the only remaining scum member.

I still don't entirely trust YPM but I feel like we fought each other to a draw arguing against each other and Kasumeat seems to trust YPM so I'll go along with it for now.

## unvote

I'll agree with the opinion that AR's reaction seemed genuine. If it's a scum play it's a pretty good one. I also have reason to believe (more on this in a second) that based on Night 1 he isn't scum.

I don't understand Nutsack's posts at all. My gut feeling is that if he's scum, losing his scum buddy at the beginning of the game so early left him in a situation where he figured he was screwed anyway so might as well gently caress around and have some fun with it. And finally, I'll out myself a bit- while I am town, I am not Vanilla Town, and one of the crumbs he tried to leave wouldn't be possible because that's the role I am.

Outing myself like this probably isn't a great idea but if I'm killed and he's still alive, the rest of Town should know who to look at.

##vote Nutsack

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

Cop and Tracker are mutually exclusive, so if this is true, it means both of those aren't possible.

I'm not entirely sure what this means but:

Kashuno posted:

you've already outed yourself. YOu might as well come full clear.

Okay, fine. I'm Tracker. Which is why I also feel okay about AR because I tracked him Night 1 and came back with nothing.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

young dumb and full of crumbs

Niiiiice.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

you guys are goofing up but its okay i'll forgive you. cya at the end of the game when the guy i'm voting flips scum.

Well, one of two things is likely to happen:

We lynch you and we're right and we win

We lynch you and we're wrong and I get NK'd for outing myself

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ugh I'm the doc I protected Nutsack. Unless he withheld the kill he's town

What was your thought behind protecting Nutsack?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So hang on, as the Tracker that locks us into a row 3 setup or a column C setup.

If Hal is the doc and protected Nutsack, one of them should have gotten a notification if protection worked, right?

If that didn't happen, then the lone scum member had to have withheld the kill. Why would they do that?

On the other hand, if there isn't a doc at all, that means we have a 1-shot bulletproof Townie, right? Wouldn't that be a far more logical reason as to why we didn't have a kill night 1?

And if that's the case- then there can't be a doc as Hal is now claiming he is.

Something's fishy.

On the other, other hand, the doc protection on Nutsack does kind of make sense if only for Nutsack's illegal twilight post from Day 1...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Just re-read the Doctor description in Matrix6- so I guess they aren't told if it's successful or not. So I guess that portion of my previous post is invalid?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

I am so loving sure this is a gambit

It feels like that to me too but if Hal is the scum and Nutsack isn't, why would he care if we lynched Nutsack?

This is all weird now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

By Nutsack, that is, let me explain

Maybe I mis-read, will wait for explanation.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

It was his entire gameplan from d1. He busses his scumbuddy for towncred, and then claims Cop so he gets the Doc on him if there is one, and then no-kills to make him "conf-town"

Kasumeat posted:

It explains why he was so tunnel-visioned on Quid, and why he would fakeclaim Cop. Fakeclaiming at VT is loving scummy and anti-town as gently caress and he's claimed VT. Unless he's VT and deliberately sabotaging this game, he is scum

Logic seems sound. I guess we will find out.

If we are wrong, I've gotta figure out who to track Night 2, if I live that long, right?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh poo poo, I can't talk tactics after the hammer, right?

So, favorite saxophone solos, go.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't know a whole lot about the saxophone but this guy seems all right IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rls4VsvQ8g

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

It's also possible that scum would choose to no-kill here in order to dodge the tracker. We can't take a null result from the tracker as conf-town. In which case you guys have 2 lynches to choose between YPM, Kash, and I.

I'm attempting to clarify something with the mod as to what my result was. If he can tell me anything more than he already has I'll let you know ASAP.

Regardless I think I hosed up about who I should have tracked.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

Illegal is Tracker, Hal is Doc, and AR was tracked the night before last and came up null. I suppose that doesn't make AR confirmed but it's certainly likely he's town.

This is all accurate.

I talked myself out of tracking who I should have tracked this morning. Dammit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

GJ Hal

In other news, gently caress. I was so sure of that too. I just couldn't think of another reason why a "VT" would fakeclaim Cop and STILL don't see why. There is a reason you NEVER fakeclaim as town, and this is why. I should try that gambit sometime though rofl

It didn't make any sense to me either. You weren't the only one.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So I'm confused about this matrix6 thing. I don't see a possible combo of tracker/doc on there

Column C.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kasumeat posted:

What was your tracking result?

I tracked Hal. I believe he protected himself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

What confuses me a bit though is that clicking on the link to the Doctor in the Matrix6 wiki seems to indicate that the Doc usually can't protect himself. So why would I have gotten that result?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh you can do columns. So it's just a vanilla goon or am I reading that wrong?

Yes, as I read it the last remaining scum has to be just a vanilla goon.

• Locked thread