Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The song played in the club is Chiasm - Isolated in case anyone is curios. It fits quite well with the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You could turn off the music before going into clubs I guess. A bit annoying but it would avoid the problem. Too bad because some of the music is just awesome (even if you ignored their poster in the apartment :argh: ).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've played through this game several times but I've never bothered with guns (besides one of the last ones because holy poo poo does it do good damage). Fists just do so much more damage at the beginning and you need unarmed to be able to feed in combat anyway. Later on you get some nice melee weapons to wreck poo poo with too. Of course I really like the celerity power.

You can abuse the combat zone thing to solve a later side quest without taking humanity loss by meta gaming a bit. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 24, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aw, you didn't use the seduction line to get in. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I think you can feed on any human you're fighting, but you need to have enough unarmed combat.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What the heck kind of static did you replace the Asylum music with? :stare:

Tiggum posted:

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an exception for certain named characters. Or it might just be very difficult. :shrug:
The only exception I can think of is a boss fight much later. Other than that every fight against a human I'm very certain I've fed on the opponent in some playthrough.

Poil fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 28, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

That later one was what I was thinking of, but if that is an exception then there may be other exceptions too. :shrug:
Maybe, but I can't remember any.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder what a rating 1 lockpick test is. A latch on the outside?

All over the silly clown wallpaper. :buddy:

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 7, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If we ever meet Mercurio when he is not on the couch, would he be untrustworthy then?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Going up the stairs in the far building you can run out on top of the train cars. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, Chunk. The thin wide blue line protecting the vampires from the... other vampires. :cop:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah, you'll lose out on the payment if you advance the bounty hunt quest line at all after you learn that Muddy has left for Downtown, you're only paid to find out that. The game isn't very clear on it

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Magic missile casting motherfucker!" :allears:
Fat Larry is amazing too.

Oh, and a tip for when dealing with Patty the babbling ghoul sidequest: visit the hospital basement first for an alternative solution.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

She's funny when she's angry and yelling threats against other npcs.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, sorry. My advice was about the hospital basement in Downtown. Forgot to specify I meant the abandoned hospital. :doh: Of course I've no idea how changed that is now, I'm used to Fat Larry hanging behind the truck outside the parking garage.

Confession is the most awesome looking bar in the game yes. Music is ok, I guess.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can metagame and kill the scared guy in the abandoned hospital before you head down since it's a combat zone. Not as interesting but it saves time. :v:

I like Pisha, she's really pragmatic about the whole cannibalism thing. Also the stuff she hints at that you can trade with her are bloody amazing.

rojogames posted:

Cool, we'll start to look into it in the episode I'm about to post. You can also send Patty to Vandal (might be a Plus Patch thing), though since we're already in his good graces via Dominate that option might be closed to us now.
I didn't know that, but that just feels wrong. Much better to just have her killed. Being tied to a chair and drained of blood with that creep lurking around, killing is the merciful option.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes, getting your fingerprints all over a severed head at a murder scene is great idea. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hopefully that will be the last of the sewers in the game. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

She seemed OK to me. I can see why she'd be a problem for vampires, talking openly about them and stuff, but compared with literally any one of the anarchs, she's much less annoying.

You're okay with Patty but not with Damsel? I'm sorry but your opinion is just wrong. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Check the bus stops if you want maps of the area.

Vampires would flee from a flamethrower then? Just makes the weapon even better, especially indoors. Of course in game they happily charge straight into the flames. But even with a terrible shooting skill it's simply amazing. Against one boss in particular.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The flame thrower is the best weapon why wouldn't you pick that. But I think you can buy all three weapons later on regardless. At least I've always been able to.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well it burns through ammo like crazy and it's wasted on most enemies as they are easy enough to slash apart. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Grout is... not very nice. Given his ramblings (and expressed love of insane asylums) it's not hard to guess why the guards are so hosed up with their berserk attacking, manic laughter and just standing around crying. :gonk:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you get Malkavian autists? I'm thinking that would be a breeze to roleplay. :v:

Stroth posted:

He really sucks at adding new content.
No kidding, he clearly has no idea why Grout's mansion is the way it is beyond "lol malk crazy".

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm pretty sure Mercurio is a gun store who sells more and more guns depending on how far you've progressed through the game. And towards the end he sells the three special weapons: the flamethrower, sniper and combat shotgun. But who knows what the weird patch did.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe it's only if you talk to her before going to Lacroix just after coming back? Or it's later, but that doesn't make much sense.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Also she might have been a vampire.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The green line is the side quest line. The red line is the main quest line. You can easily tell by the sign as soon as you enter the basement. The main quest would never not be the one that's staff only. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can kill anyone you want in a combat zone with no humanity loss. It's kinda broken as in some cases there are clearly innocent npc's you're murdering. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:neckbeard:

But how do you wear an albatross by the way?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, of course. How silly of me not to know that. It does make a smashing fashion accessory though. :v:

In preparation for the next video, which I assume is going to involve a trip up the Asp Hole, here are the two songs that play in it. Apologies for the poo poo quality of the first but it is the official video on the record company's channel:

Tiamat - Cain (the relevance to the game is not subtle in the slightest)
Lacuna Coil - Swamped (this is also the song that plays at the credits, and the album cover is a poster up the wall near the bed in the Santa Monica safehouse, close to the the door if memory serves)

The devs have good taste in music.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Not sure about Domination, but Dementation definitely works on Samantha.
It's me, your pet turtle you had as a kid.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You've successfully pimped for Romero, your mother would be proud.

Considering you've spent time at the graveyard getting zombie splatter everywhere, took a quick dip in the sewer and hung around in an internet cafe you must smell really terrible at this point. :barf:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes, ask the owner about the dancing hunter. Then he sees you walk downstairs and ten minutes later someone finds her murdered. Brilliant. The cops can investigate and call out for your arrest in the time it takes to eat half a donut.

Nordick posted:

I've always wondered where Chastity was hiding that sword of hers. :pwn:
In her locker. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 9, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That werewolf is really unsettling for some reason. :gonk:

I've tried to use guns several times but I always end up just slicing things up instead. Partially because the starter guns are so poo poo and by the time you get good ones I'm committed to melee and then there's the whole satisfaction of being able to feed on any human in combat. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Don't forget to stick your head into the Asp Hole before heading down into the best and most wonderful part in the entire game. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've never finished that quest through the sewers, because running around fighting in sewers just isn't as appealing as simply sacrificing some random guy. Of course it helps that the guy's kind of a douche.

Isaac has some dialog after you get Ash out, I think. It's just not mentioned in the quest log. So no reward. Probably. :drac:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can get an extra dollar or two if you wait until you get more ranks in finance before selling I think. But it's not like in, say, Gothic 2 where you save all trash and sell it to one specific npc in chapter 2 who then dies in chapter 4 and you can loot everything you sold him and sell it to someone else for twice the profit. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's pretty neat that you can exit the sewers to go shopping or drinking but I've always just powered through the whole thing in one go. That vault shortcut is definitely a mod thing.

The best part of the whole sewer level is when you're done and discover where the exit is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes, you will be doing Imalia's quest, boss. It gives xp. :)

Gorgeous Gary Golden is even better when you're Malkavian, but you really do not want that for your first playthrough boss.

• Locked thread