Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Vicissitude posted:

Ah, once again I'm home. Ask of me what you will about vampire lore in the World of Darkness and I shall answer! :drac:

What's Kain's favorite pizza-topping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

rojogames posted:

Episode 12 - Hub Cab
We move on to Downtown, our new quest hub, and check in with the prince as well as an important figure in our clan.

God I love the "those of you in the first few rows..." line. Fourth wall who cares.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

For gently caress's sake why is there a turnstile in Venus' club? I know for a fact that it wasn't there in the original version of the game.

unofficial patch horseshit

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Marshal Radisic posted:

I'm running Wesp's v. 9.5 patch, and there's a dialogue option with Venus where you can complain about the turnstile, and it'll be gone the next time you load into the club.

I have no words.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So are the disease cult a troika invention or are they a "thing" in the WOD?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Stroth posted:

Enoch the Wise, who was Cain's advisor and first childe, who sired the Salubri, Toreador, and Malkavian clans. Irad the Strong, who was Cain's general and second childe, who sired the Ventrue, Brujah, Cappadocian, and Lasombra clans. And Zillah the Beautiful, who was Cain's wife and third childe, who sired the Nosferatu, Assamite, and Followers of Set clans.

Though even that's just hearsay and guesswork as according to Vampiric legend the records were lost in the great flood that swallowed the world, which God sent to destroy the Vampiric city of Enoch. Hence why the ones that survived the first city are called the Antediluvians.

Also the third generation totally ate them. Which pissed off Cain to the point that he cursed to poo poo out of all of them, which is where the clan weaknesses come from. So they don't like to talk about it.

wasn't lilith cain's wife?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So apparently in the tabletop/larp version of VTM if a malkavian manages to "heal" their particular version of insanity then the GM will instantly force them to get a new one - an agoraphobe gets a handle on open spaces so they develop OCD for instance.

I think something like this happens to Grout during the course of his audio logs.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Vicissitude posted:

Yeah, they don't really go into it in this game. Every Malkavian has a derangement of some sort, but there are a very wide range of mental issues that they showcase. Some are even reborn catatonic or in a permanent state of frenzy. But the ones most common are in the V:TM book. Things like DID, multiple personality disorder, phobia, OCD, etc. One of the Sabbat's Black Hand operatives is a Malk with OCD and because of his obsessive attention to detail (with written plans spanning pages and pages that have 6 different contingency plans, each written in a different colored ink) he's rapidly becoming one of their most successful removers. He's even starting to rival the success of Assamite operatives.
I guess he'd be a prime target for "let me explain my villainous plan in an excrutiatingly detailed monologue" style GMs

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

weird, I distinctly remember Damsel chewing the player a new one for accusing Nines. Either the patch changed it, or my memory is on the fritz. Anyone else remember this?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yeah, Mercurio is starts unlocking weaponry as you go through the game. Worth noting that since it's cheaper to buy ammo than a gun + ammo sometimes it's not worth it to buy his latest toy because it will show up in a mission anyhow. For example, never buy a Brokk. Kill a cop in downtown instead and buy extra ammo after you've acquired it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that raptor gag scared the bjeesus out of me the first time i played it. Good times.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, unless you're focusing on stealth, it's so not worth it. You can just kill people whenever they're inconvenient and it makes gently caress-all difference.

Not applicable in this instance, but humanity has a noticeable effect on dialogue choices. Get too high humanity and it becomes impossible to blackmail/threaten npcs. Get too low humanity and, for example, you cannot let Lily out of the bloodbank without bullying her into giving you money.

So be careful what humans you kill.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Huh. Keeping your humanity at maximum is so easy that it never occurred to me that there'd be a benefit to lowering it.

I never experimented much with it - all I know is at 10 humanity that guy outside the santa monica apartment can't be bullied for his watch. I have no idea if this continues throughout the game or not.

Additionally, you can only lower your humanity down to 3 by killing innocent civilians. To lower if further you need to do quests in such a way that they lower humanity - e.g. send Patty down to the bloodbank

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

:neckbeard:

But how do you wear an albatross by the way?

With gravitas

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ugh, the gate defense quest is almost impossible to do without whatever the bullettime power is. Almost impossible and incredibly stressful. I've managed it on every character but it isn't fun, at all.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

we need guns. Lots of them.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

It's pretty neat that you can exit the sewers to go shopping or drinking but I've always just powered through the whole thing in one go. That vault shortcut is definitely a mod thing.

The best part of the whole sewer level is when you're done and discover where the exit is. :v:

no, the best part is Gary. Glorious golden Gary.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh boy. brace yourselves for some poo poo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

yeah, you're supposed to be the bad luck.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I thought the bundle of cash lies on the floor normally.

edit:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/vampirebloodlines/walkthrough/atangledweb.php

quote:

The room across the hallway from this room is the vault you just opened, which contains a $500 money clip lying on the floor.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Added Space posted:

The plus patch changed that - now some to all 'civilians' in combat zones can cause humanity loss.

W.
T.
F.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've always liked the little cardboard targets the hunters use as a shooting range.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ulmont posted:

1 blood point per day, out of a maximum store of 10-15 (depending on generation) for a starting character.

I forget, how many days have we been a vampire at this point? Is it possible the game takes place within 2 nights?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I read one theory that the player character needs a few days to get adjusted to his new powers + physiology, hence his/her ridiculous power curve. They just needed to find their sea blood legs

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

time for jack to come out of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wiegieman posted:

He's right, too. It's good to be safe, just on the off chance that there's a blood god from before recorded history in there.

we'll just store this one next to the ark of the covenant and the collection of Lemarchant Puzzle boxes. There's no way that'd go wrong.

double nine fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 23, 2017

• Locked thread