Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Vicissitude posted:

Love, obviously.

Regret :colbert:

Good to see another bloodlines LP! I love this game. I followed the Gatz/McD LP last year before I was signed up so this time I'll be able to post and bother all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

citybeatnik posted:

The sheriff is -weird-. And I can't quite get in to more detail without spoiling things beyond "he's not technically a Kindred".

I'm pretty sure it's never spelled out but I thought they kind of hint that he's an African Tzimisce basically.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
First time I played this game was as a gun Malk.

It was...weird. I have vague memories of stumbling around with a .38 and 4 bullets for quite a while. I can't think of a single scenario in which a bullet from that .38 is better than a punch from your vamp fists. Malk dialogue/dementation was always a blast though, and guns do get better mid game.

Then I played it through as a sword-wielding ventrue. It was a lot of fun.

I started another play through a while back as a gangrel that had Warform right off the bat. It seemed really, really easy and overpowered and while it was fun being a huge monster, I lost interest.

I still need to do a tremere run, a gun-toreador run, and a nosferatu run. I'm probably not going to bother with Brujah.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
It was kind of buggy in general when it first came out.

Troika was a solid studio though. I miss them. I'm surprised there's only one Arcanum LP in the archive.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Does WoD ever provide an explanation for why stakes work the way they do, beyond "it's basically vampire movie rules but with the twist that stakes paralyze instead of kill because that works better for our game"?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Old people are terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Has there ever been a worthwhile sewer level?

The only one I can think of that's even passable is Arcanum's. It's still an awful slog compared to the rest of the game, but it's mostly optional and provides some alternate ways to access areas, as well as lots of easy leveling.

• Locked thread