Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Roleblocked Kashuno last night

I have a question about role blocking, and I can't find the answer on the wiki. When/where would be the best time to ask, and who would I present the question to? I'm just curious about a specific part of the mechanics of that ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

I have a question about role blocking, and I can't find the answer on the wiki. When/where would be the best time to ask, and who would I present the question to? I'm just curious about a specific part of the mechanics of that ability.

Role blocking is when the player you target that has their abilities fail, if any. Typically only active abilities. Includes the scum kill.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

You could ask in thread or pm the mod if you're unsure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Roleblocked Kashuno last night

I don't think we should speedlynch Azuth, 3 scum means it's mylo. Let's hear what he has to say at least.

You stopped me from rubbing puppies last night? :( wow

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

My question is if Jon Joe, who has claimed roll blocking ability, tried to block Dongsbot, who we all know was VT, what would JJ get as a result? Would he just pick Dong and get no response? Would he be told Dong has no ability? I'm just trying to figure out if JJ saying he rb'd Kash means Kash has an ability, or if it could have been a wasted use.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

My question is if Jon Joe, who has claimed roll blocking ability, tried to block Dongsbot, who we all know was VT, what would JJ get as a result? Would he just pick Dong and get no response? Would he be told Dong has no ability? I'm just trying to figure out if JJ saying he rb'd Kash means Kash has an ability, or if it could have been a wasted use.

He would likely get a successful result on me as I am VT. Nothing is preventing my ability from going off if I had one, so his ability was succesful

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I am sorry little pig I don't know what to think anymore :(.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Also isn't role blocking a scum thing?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Also isn't role blocking a scum thing?

From what I've seen, and after double checking the wiki, roll block is a very commen scum thing but can be of either alliance, so...

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

So Jon Joe why did you role block Kash over anyone else?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So Azuth, what happened with Dong?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Li Dawny posted:

So Azuth, what happened with Dong?

I posted what happened and he clearly wasn't scum. I have no idea how that works. I am sorry little pig :(.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
errr ##vote kumba

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

errr ##vote kumba

Why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
not feeling the azuth push

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
azuth is a pretty bad man tho

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

not feeling the azuth push

But he pushed so hard on Dongs, who flipped VT, and won't even try and give an explanation.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Li Dawny posted:

But he pushed so hard on Dongs, who flipped VT, and won't even try and give an explanation.

to be fair that kinda does sound like the kind of thing he would do

though i dont know yet if that makes him not scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

wrong doesn't mean scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

wrong doesn't mean scum

True, but wrong and unwilling to discuss it? I just feel like he owes an explanation but is refusing to give one.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

So Jon Joe why did you role block Kash over anyone else?

He was really lurky and didn't have any pressure on him, so I felt there was a high chance he'd perform the kill if he was a scum member. Doesn't mean he isn't scum, just that he didn't perform the kill (barring role fuckery).

What result did you get last night Azuth0667?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wouldn't doubt kash scum, he is always scum, human refuse

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

jon joe posted:

He was really lurky and didn't have any pressure on him, so I felt there was a high chance he'd perform the kill if he was a scum member. Doesn't mean he isn't scum, just that he didn't perform the kill (barring role fuckery).

What result did you get last night Azuth0667?

I investigated hiip and got scum. We all know how well that worked though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

I investigated hiip and got scum. We all know how well that worked though.

Why Hiip?

There are five possibilities here, imo:

1) You're scum, though I feel like if you were you would have made up a "town" result today to play insane and get a mislynch. But maybe that's part of the plan???
2) You're a town insane cop, making hiip town
3) You're a town insane cop, and hiip is a godfather
4) You're a town paranoid cop (always gets scum), or some other stupid cop role (like always gets a random result)
5) Unknown role fuckery

I'm leaning 2 right now

and if we assume there's 3 scum, and you're at -3, then it's highly likely one or both of the people voting for you are scum.

Thoughts?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Nicely summarized JJ.
##unvote
And as far as Hiip goes, he has only posted a few times. But I'm not sure if he's just a lurky player, or if he's trying to fly under the radar. And further along those lines is the fact that vector and kumb haven't posted since voting for dong. But I may just be feeling the claustrophobia of realizing that we're four townies down in a twelve man game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

Nicely summarized JJ.
##unvote
And as far as Hiip goes, he has only posted a few times. But I'm not sure if he's just a lurky player, or if he's trying to fly under the radar. And further along those lines is the fact that vector and kumb haven't posted since voting for dong. But I may just be feeling the claustrophobia of realizing that we're four townies down in a twelve man game.

???

That seems like a really opportunistic unvote to me, given that you were 1 on the 2 on Azuth

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

???

That seems like a really opportunistic unvote to me, given that you were 1 on the 2 on Azuth

I just assumed that Azuth was lying, but between him not even mentioning an investigation result (because he assumed it was wrong and thought it pointless), and you pointing out all the other options I realized that I still had almost a day to make a decision on who's scum, so why rush? So I unvoted, and while doing that I expressed the other concerns I had as far as who's left in the game.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

I just assumed that Azuth was lying, but between him not even mentioning an investigation result (because he assumed it was wrong and thought it pointless), and you pointing out all the other options I realized that I still had almost a day to make a decision on who's scum, so why rush? So I unvoted, and while doing that I expressed the other concerns I had as far as who's left in the game.

ok

lets hear from everyone else!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hiip seems like an oppurtunistic lie since most people innately want to lyn ch hiip anyways, u really want to follow the fuckery for 2 days

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

jon joe posted:

Why Hiip?

There are five possibilities here, imo:

1) You're scum, though I feel like if you were you would have made up a "town" result today to play insane and get a mislynch. But maybe that's part of the plan???
2) You're a town insane cop, making hiip town
3) You're a town insane cop, and hiip is a godfather
4) You're a town paranoid cop (always gets scum), or some other stupid cop role (like always gets a random result)
5) Unknown role fuckery

I'm leaning 2 right now

and if we assume there's 3 scum, and you're at -3, then it's highly likely one or both of the people voting for you are scum.

Thoughts?

Hiip and i have a mutual feud is why. I do not like lurkers and am a loud advocate for lynching them. Hiip took offense to this awhile ago and hasn't dropped it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
"mutual feud"

lmao

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

"mutual feud"

lmao

Do you have any thoughts on the game?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

errr ##vote kumba

Okay, understanding that I was a little quick to attack Azuth, why kumba over everyone else?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, understanding that I was a little quick to attack Azuth, why kumba over everyone else?

:shrug: I don't remember seeing kumba do anything this game

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

:shrug: I don't remember seeing kumba do anything this game

But Azuth directly lead to the lynching of a townie, and that's not suspect?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

But Azuth directly lead to the lynching of a townie, and that's not suspect?

wrong does not equal scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

wrong does not equal scum

I get that, but how does lurking equal scum?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

jon joe posted:

Do you have any thoughts on the game?

azuth is scum yo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ohh lmao im not voting him lets fix that

##vote Azuth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Barring exceptional argument otherwise I still think at least 1 of Li or imgay is scum.

##vote imgay

• Locked thread