Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'd like to play. I've never played mafia before and it seems interesting.

Edit: sorry, didn't see it was already full.

Li Dawny fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You can have my spot. New players first.

I supper appreciate the offer, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I have also signed up for a game that Jimson is running, so I'd hate for you to give your spot up with me having another opportunity to learn the ropes. However, if you are still willing to let me step in I would greatly appreciate it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I don't know if we should immediately lynch Jimson, because I'm not sure about much of anything with this game, so...
##vote Jon joe

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

who's your favorite non-serial killer

I guess me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

He just sold his murder weapon so good job on him!

For at least $100,000 as well, they were still verifying funds on higher ones the last time I looked.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I, um, hopefully get paid to roll around on people and squish them for their enjoyment even if I wish it would kill them. Also, it tickles, so I laugh a lot.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

who is jovial fat man we must alliance to defeat mr scum drop man

You made me laugh, so I will join your alliance.

##vote Absurd Revolver

-JFM

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Poor Snowcone, I will miss him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

let's also ask who would put a 3xnightcop into a game with 11 players and let that person use all three in one night

I have to admit, I've never heard of anyone being able to night cop 3x in one night.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

imgay posted:

what reason will everyone go for azuth?

I assume Dongsbot is saying that Azuth isn't the cop and if we lynch Dong it'll confirm. So either Dong is town, or he's scum and just trying to get one last night in.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

AR is an inconsistent scumbo who fishes for roles and is looking for any lynch that isn't his own.

I'm not understanding this comment. AR has been consistent in everything he's said to the point of repeatedly asking for the same thing from the same person to prove guilt/innocence with the promise to self-reveal. The only way I see this is either Dong or Azuth are scum, and whoever a supporting them is the same. I'm not saying AR isn't scum, but there's not really a case against him unless Azuth is lynched and turns out to be scum, then I'd suspect AR because they're aligned in a way.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

why are azuth and AR linked

i think i followed everything in that post except that part

I don't know if "linked" is the right term, but they seem to be on the same side I guess? They both say Dongsbot is scum, and believe one another over him I guess? So, the way I see it, either Azuth and AR are scum or Dongs and JJ are scum because those seem to be the current "teams". And I don't really understand what Jon Joe is saying at all, so

##vote Jon Joe

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

sorry, i am not scum

But you've already admitted to lying to us once, why should we believe you now?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##unvote

And there goes my only theory, now I don't know what to vote.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I guess it's good enough for me right now.

##vote Dongsbot

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Do you believe in real-claiming when you're at -1?

I mean, serious honesty might be your only choice at this point.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So, Azuth then?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote azuth

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Roleblocked Kashuno last night

I have a question about role blocking, and I can't find the answer on the wiki. When/where would be the best time to ask, and who would I present the question to? I'm just curious about a specific part of the mechanics of that ability.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

My question is if Jon Joe, who has claimed roll blocking ability, tried to block Dongsbot, who we all know was VT, what would JJ get as a result? Would he just pick Dong and get no response? Would he be told Dong has no ability? I'm just trying to figure out if JJ saying he rb'd Kash means Kash has an ability, or if it could have been a wasted use.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Also isn't role blocking a scum thing?

From what I've seen, and after double checking the wiki, roll block is a very commen scum thing but can be of either alliance, so...

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So Azuth, what happened with Dong?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

errr ##vote kumba

Why?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

not feeling the azuth push

But he pushed so hard on Dongs, who flipped VT, and won't even try and give an explanation.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

wrong doesn't mean scum

True, but wrong and unwilling to discuss it? I just feel like he owes an explanation but is refusing to give one.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Nicely summarized JJ.
##unvote
And as far as Hiip goes, he has only posted a few times. But I'm not sure if he's just a lurky player, or if he's trying to fly under the radar. And further along those lines is the fact that vector and kumb haven't posted since voting for dong. But I may just be feeling the claustrophobia of realizing that we're four townies down in a twelve man game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

???

That seems like a really opportunistic unvote to me, given that you were 1 on the 2 on Azuth

I just assumed that Azuth was lying, but between him not even mentioning an investigation result (because he assumed it was wrong and thought it pointless), and you pointing out all the other options I realized that I still had almost a day to make a decision on who's scum, so why rush? So I unvoted, and while doing that I expressed the other concerns I had as far as who's left in the game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

errr ##vote kumba

Okay, understanding that I was a little quick to attack Azuth, why kumba over everyone else?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

:shrug: I don't remember seeing kumba do anything this game

But Azuth directly lead to the lynching of a townie, and that's not suspect?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

wrong does not equal scum

I get that, but how does lurking equal scum?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I still don't feel like Kash has given any reason not to vote for Azuth outside of 'don't wanna, here's a random person to direct attention to, bye' which makes me feel like there isn't one.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

What do you think about imgay?

He seems to believe that Azuth was lying about Dong, either that or he just wants Azuth gone, and hasn't really said much else.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

But what do you think about him?

He hasn't given me much to really think on, which is a bit shady, but him making the same logical leaps that I did makes me want to believe him. I mean, if Azuth is telling the truth and is a town cop who is getting unreliable reports, and imgay is scum, wouldn't there be an impulse to keep Azuth in just to add to the chaos?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

It's MYLO, meaning a town lynch today leads to scum winning, unless I manage to roleblock the killer without any additional role fuckery from scum.

So why are you so sure that imgay is scum? You say you think it's either me or him, but think I'm being more real so you're more sure of him. Explain to me why.

Not why you believe me over him, but where the suspicion stems from.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Because based on the game thus far, I think Azuth is town
and if Azuth is town with both you and imgay voting for him, then he's at -3 to be lynched
and if he's at -3, then 3 scum can come in to instant hammer for a win
and if scum didn't do that, THEN the easiest explanation as to why (still assuming Azuth is town, which his behavior still leads me to believe), is that one or both of the people voting for him are scum
you seem pretty townie to me
thus, imgay is scum

Lots of contingencies, but it's the best explanation I have.

You see, this makes me think that if imgay is scum the other two would have attached their votes to Azuth either way to try and get a turbo started...or at least one of them. Which makes me think that the two people who haven't been here at all are the likely cohorts, again, assuming imgay is scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Just because someone isn't posting doesn't mean they're not reading.

I guess it just comes down to whether or not Azuth is town. Because if he is, your logic makes perfect sense, but if he's scum it all falls apart instantly. And I'm not quite sure I believe that Azuth is town and not scum just trying to do scum things.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Sure, but you yourself said you found how he handled his results today to be legitimate. I agree, I don't think someone really fakes that.

Alright, after this conversation I have to admit I'm beginning to lean toward imgay. However, on the chance that were both very wrong I'm going to hold my vote a little longer to see if anything changes.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have no idea.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

[quote="Kumbamontu" post=""460202234"]
i saw a man playing a guitar with a bucket on his head last night it was very good
[/quote]

that sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So Kumba, we haven't heard from you, what are your thoughts?

• Locked thread