Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Well I know where gooncon 2016 is being hosted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well I know where gooncon 2016 is being hosted.

where?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Stockton International Airport seems a nice central place that everyone seems to stop by and shed a few tears. I think it'd be great.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

Stockton International Airport seems a nice central place that everyone seems to stop by and shed a few tears. I think it'd be great.

ok, what time?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Let's say August 27 at 5:30 pm PST - be there.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

ill be wearing a pink carnation

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I'm going to freaking cry there.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You'll know me because you'll see someone and think.... yeah that guy looks like a Jeffrey.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

You'll know me because you'll see someone and think.... yeah that guy looks like a Jeffrey.

you might like this song jeffrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urJW5ed-5G4

its about you

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I'm a big crier (I try hard to act cool but I can't help it, I just cry a lot). But I can't think of a time I cried in the airport. I am certain that it's happened, though.

Mostly in the airport I try to suppress overwhelming feelings of despair.

I got fired last month and cried a little bit on the bus on the way home!!!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Uncle Salty posted:

I got fired last month and cried a little bit on the bus on the way home!!!

Did you work at the airport? If not I'm not sure if this is relevant for the Crying @ the airport MEGATHREAD.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Biomute posted:

Did you work at the airport? If not I'm not sure if this is relevant for the Crying @ the airport MEGATHREAD.
He might live at the airport, or require an airport to get between work and home. We're open minded here.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

He might live at the airport, or require an airport to get between work and home. We're open minded here.

I guess that is possible, I just don't want spillover from all the other crying threads in here. No offense meant.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I've done my fair share of crying at Auckland airport having moved abroad twice and not seeing my mum for a couple of years at a time. :smith:

These days I manage to give her a big hug and a smile and run through security before I get upset and set her off as well. To be honest the most upsetting thing now is staring down the barrel of a loving 30 hour flight back to London in economy.

Bonus crying story: When I was 15 I was returning alone to Auckland from Singapore from living with my dad with my worldly possessions and followed his advice to turn on the waterworks should the airline staff try to charge me for the 30kg excess baggage I had with me. I did and it worked. Thanks dad. :unsmith:

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
My apologies for telling that getting fired story; I do not work at the airport!

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Calgary International Airport
I came through here on a business trip just last week. Now, I'm a 'murrican so I had to go through customs. I got to the airport real early-like in case there was lines, but there was no line and I talked to the security lady about Tesla cars. Then I had to wait a real long time for my plane. The only food was Tim Horton's so I got a breakfast sandwich and some coffee. I cried in my coffee for a while which bland and watery and not from the tears. Then I got a beer. The international terminal only had 'murrican beer so I had a Goose Island IPA and I cried there too while the bartender watched, uncomfortably.

The bartender was from India and lived in Calgary. It was hosed up.

Score:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm glad others have really opened up here

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Shannon Airport

When I was a teenager I came though this airport on a school trip to France. When we got to the waiting area the fumes of liquor brought tears to my eyes, but I can't really count that as real crying. Turns out the U.S. Army was using the airport as a layover before going back to Vegas or somewhere near there. They were allowed to hit the bar and duty free so a lot of us tried to shimmy up to them at the bar and pay to have them put a half a naggin or so in our coke/fanta/lilt/etc. I was having trouble convincing some fuckhead and the other classmates were laughing at me so I went off to the bathroom to cry in. The bathroom itself was very clean and quiet, so I had a good cry in there. After I was done I made another attempt where in exchange I'd his listen to his attempt at Irish accents. I cried laughing at each one and got an empty naggin in the face in return.

When I came to I had a really good cry from the pain, whereas the army guys had already boarded their flight after emptying the duty free of all liquor.

Overall, a very good airport for authentic crying, and very good facilities to cry in, in discreet, or in public. The echo in the terminal was amazing.

Score:

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, Arizona

I was here for about two hours to pick up a relative who was returning home from visiting a friend in Washington. I am familiar with this airport as it is the one closest to where I live, but I had never had a good cry here. The trip was unremarkable, as was the airport itself, which has a very dated interior with no real unique feel to it. Not to say it was bad, it was just bland and uninviting, much like Phoenix itself. As for crying, the temperature was around 110 F and the air conditioner in that part of the airport was still being repaired, so the heat would evaporate my tears right off of my face. This made crying very difficult, so I had to settle for making sad faces while watching the planes taxi around outside the window.

My relative had a blast in Washington, said I would have had a better cry at the airport over there. I will have to try it someday.

Score:

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I prefer to cry during flight, the cramped seating really enhances the experience, especially during 10+ hour international flights. They even give you free sodas!

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Biomute posted:

What about the crying tho?

def felt like crying after finally reaching Istanbul.
but maybe it was just the realization that I left Amsterdam and now must get back to my daily life, I dunno.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
https://twitter.com/BobLonsberry/status/737770635112386561?s=09

Public art brings me to tears.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

School Nickname posted:

Shannon Airport

When I was a teenager I came though this airport on a school trip to France. When we got to the waiting area the fumes of liquor brought tears to my eyes, but I can't really count that as real crying. Turns out the U.S. Army was using the airport as a layover before going back to Vegas or somewhere near there. They were allowed to hit the bar and duty free so a lot of us tried to shimmy up to them at the bar and pay to have them put a half a naggin or so in our coke/fanta/lilt/etc. I was having trouble convincing some fuckhead and the other classmates were laughing at me so I went off to the bathroom to cry in. The bathroom itself was very clean and quiet, so I had a good cry in there. After I was done I made another attempt where in exchange I'd his listen to his attempt at Irish accents. I cried laughing at each one and got an empty naggin in the face in return.

When I came to I had a really good cry from the pain, whereas the army guys had already boarded their flight after emptying the duty free of all liquor.

Overall, a very good airport for authentic crying, and very good facilities to cry in, in discreet, or in public. The echo in the terminal was amazing.

Score:

Really glad to hear you had an excellent airport cry experience. Let us know if you have any more!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

H.H posted:

i flew Aeroflot last august, it was surprisingly decent.

and sheremetevo airport in Moscow is also okay.

the worst airline the I ever used was the Turkish Pegasus, without a doubt. they had no air circulation in their airplane, a short connecting flight from Amsterdam to Istanbul was hell on earth.

Granted I was there back in like 2000 or something. Maybe Putin makes the planes run on time now if only for the nationalistic appearances

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I want to cry at the Denver Airport

because if people are crying there you can bet your rear end the world is coming to an end

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

I want to cry at the Denver Airport

because if people are crying there you can bet your rear end the world is coming to an end

Man, one time I had to sit for several hours overnight in the Denver airport to wait for a connecting flight, and I'm so sad that I didn't go find those weird murals to look at

But they were like on the opposite side of the airport and I think past a security checkpoint and I just wanted to sleep/cry while I waited for my flight. Life is full of regrets.

GymnastyThom
Nov 26, 2005
Do you smell something? You know what that reminds me of? That smells like.. vampire shit.
I took a messy hangover poo poo in Austin's airport at 6am on Monday, and it made my eyes water. Can I post here?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Me IRL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQ9jFeb0pQ

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
It's great to see so many awesome reviews of crying in Northern California airports. It's a really under appreciated airport crying location. My own experience at Sacramento International Airport is a little different, but really illustrates the benefits of crying in Norcal's fine airports. My wife and I got married at the Sacramento airport, and the day was better than I could ever imagine. Everyone dreams of the perfect airport wedding, and I can say with confidence that my Sacramento International Airport wedding lived up to the hype. I'm not ashamed to admit that when I saw my wife get her boarding checked and proceed through security to meet me at the altar on the other side I wept with joy. I mean, I really broke down blubbering, but the TSA agent who performed the ceremony was really nice about it. All in all a wonderful day and a really great crying experience.

We spent our honeymoon at Atlanta International Airport and shared many great cries, but that's another story.

Score:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Aéroport Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle

I was seventeen. I had grown up on a farm, the child of two state workers. I'd always felt out of place, uncomfortable, and unwelcome in the world. Everything where I grew up was rolling countryside patched over with strip malls and McMansions. I was filled with existential dread everywhere I went.

Given the opportunity, I joined a friend's school trip to Paris. I'd never travelled internationally, but had always wanted to. It was something to do, anyway, and my folks agreed to pay for it.

The entire experience of being in Paris felt like breathing real air for the first time in my life. A city. Freedom to go anywhere in it I wanted, just hop on the train and you're there. Huge museums. More to explore than one could manage in a lifetime, and I only had six days to get as much of it as I could. I was overwhelmed.

The guide for our tour group, a 30-ish French lady, was very forthcoming about what the future could hold for someone who wanted to explore. She told us about how she'd always wanted to see Israel, so in her 20s she moved there. No job, no place to stay, just a plane ticket and some savings. In a few days she had a small job and a room. It's difficult to overstate how hard this blew my mind.

Between Paris and Adrienne, my entire idea of what life could be had been torn open and strewn about in less than a week.

I had to leave a day earlier than the group due to a schedule conflict, which meant I was taking a shuttle back to the airport and catching my flight alone. Still in the addled state of mind I described above, I arrived and began looking for my airline and gate. I walked from one end of the terminal to the other, looking, and couldn't find it. I walked the terminal again, sure I had missed the sign somewhere. Hunting for the English on the signage of an airport that serves five continents would be hard even if it wasn't in France. I had arrived with a comfortable buffer of time, but by now had eaten through most of it. I still had security and customs to get through and my flight lifted off in two hours. I felt panic slowly creeping in, clouding my memory of what little French I had learned in the last week. I walked up to a pair of women in airline uniforms and clumsily stammered through "Uhhh, sorry, uh, merci, wee son United?" They stared at me, clearly irritated at the interruption. "United, see voo play?" They started laughing, and one of them repeated "United?!??" in a mocking tone. I rolled my eyes dramatically as a retort and moved on.

Collecting myself, I looked through signage for anything that looked like information, help, security, whatever. Eventually I found out I was in the wrong terminal.

The shuttle driver dropped me off at the wrong terminal.

Too relieved to be angry, I took the loop train all the way around to the right terminal, got through security and customs with a little time to spare.

When I sat down to wait for boarding, I started reflecting on the trip, and the sum total of all my experiences of the last six days crashed into the stress and fear of the last hour and a half of being lost in a foreign airport, and I broke down. I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head and leaned forward in my chair in a futile attempt at some privacy. I did my best to be quiet but everyone was looking at me.

The United employees working the boarding desk were polite but all business, which I appreciated. I just wanted to get on the plane without anyone making a huge deal about the fact that I'd clearly been crying for a half hour.

The in-flight movie in my seatback TV was Lost In Translation. The story stirred up all my feelings about the trip, starting the waterworks all over again. Despite my attempts to be quiet, the passenger next to me could clearly see my distress. Thankfully, they left me alone. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Rating: two airplane emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Aéroport Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle

Words fail me.

• Locked thread