Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«41 »
repiv
Aug 13, 2009

College Slice

Rabid Snake posted:

I wish they had a non windowed version. I don't like the thought of shattering the tempered glass window when moving the thing.

TG is pretty strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17lYoYlStg#t=248s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009

Grimey Drawer

underage at the vape shop posted:

I cant see how thick it is but it should be closer to a shower screen than a wine glass.

I've seen dozens of pictures online of people saying they just picked up the case and the glass just shattered. I've seen a few of saying, "didn't even touch it." Then I've seen the I was putting it back on and it shattered while tightening the thumb screws. Obviously the last one is user error. My problem with TG is that the system is no longer closed, they leave gaps between the TG and frame. Following that up, you're going to have to make the case positive pressure and be diligent in keeping the TG clean.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
"It has gunfights and shit!"

Lipstick Apathy

It's one of those things that's really strong... until it isn't. Catastrophic failure mode.

Of course, it would be trivially easy to swap out the glass with a plate of acrylic or polycarbonate if it worries you so much, they would scratch more easily but be harder to crack.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

YEAH

LICK MY ASS

BITCH

When you have tempered glass you’re also losing an entire surface that should probably be perforated on a mini-ITX build.

How big is that case? It looks like 40-50 liters.

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

I think I read it's sub 30.

As far as the software goes, I'm in two minds - it's not 100% OK that they're collecting data, but on the other hand, what are they gonna do with crowdsourced fan curve information? It's not exactly my CC numbers.

«41 »