Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«70 »
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002
All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

Broken Machine posted:

Hi, figured this thread might find this interesting as well so crossposting

Total case volume is just under 2 liters, turned out fairly well. Now I just have to figure out this key repeating issue when i use a wireless keyboard on some of the usb ports.

Hey I have that too and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Coredump posted:

Hey I have that too and it sucks.

Linux? I think maybe it's linux, which I had to use as the base os so I could do gpu passthrough. It seems to just be the usb 3 ports that are affected.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002
All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

Broken Machine posted:

Linux? I think maybe it's linux, which I had to use as the base os so I could do gpu passthrough. It seems to just be the usb 3 ports that are affected.

No I'm on Windows 10 with an amd platform. Its a microsoft sculpt keyboard giving me the issue every now and again.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Yeah usb3 ports will interfere with the wireless receiver. Just use a usb2.0 extension cable if you only have usb3 ports and get the receiver as far away from the computer as possible, ideally with line of sight to the keyboard.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Granite Octopus posted:

Yeah usb3 ports will interfere with the wireless receiver. Just use a usb2.0 extension cable if you only have usb3 ports and get the receiver as far away from the computer as possible, ideally with line of sight to the keyboard.

Thanks; that's weird. I didn't even consider it could be an issue with usb 3 itself, rather than the implementation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Intel even has a white paper on it
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ence-paper.html

«70 »