Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CyberPingu posted:

Anyone got any experience or knowledge of the Fractal Design era cases?

I imagine thermals in that might be an issue as the side doesn't have much give to it

Yeah from reviews that case looks like it has a lot of issues.

Shame, looks nice.

Hot garbage, emphasis on the hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

should add "Buy the NR200P" to the thread title in this poster's opinion

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Sphyre posted:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sphyre posted:

It really does seem like the de facto ITX case to buy. Perfect combination of price, size, and compatibility. Wish I had one, but am pretty happy with my TU150 atm. Maybe I'll get whatever the revision of the NR200 is for my next build :shobon:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I guess I'll pre order one off scan and just sit on my hands until it gets here

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is it just me, or is it impossible to buy an SFX power supply (650W or 750W) right now from anything other than a super sketchy third party vendor? this might actually be the last nail in the coffin for my SFF dreams - while the NZXT H210 supports an ATX PSU, if I ever want to move from that to an NR200, I'd have to then buy an SFX PSU, or apparently 3D print an ATX bracket for the loving thing, which, yikes

can't tell if today is a particularly bad day with sales or whatever, or if SFX power supplies are totally just nonexistent rn. I know ATX PSUs have also shot up in price, but it seems like that's just a case where it's $10-20 more across the board but still available from Amazon/Newegg/whatever, instead of purely being from sketchy-rear end retailers like SFX PSUs are right now

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

abraham linksys posted:

is it just me, or is it impossible to buy an SFX power supply (650W or 750W) right now from anything other than a super sketchy third party vendor? this might actually be the last nail in the coffin for my SFF dreams - while the NZXT H210 supports an ATX PSU, if I ever want to move from that to an NR200, I'd have to then buy an SFX PSU, or apparently 3D print an ATX bracket for the loving thing, which, yikes

They are harder to find, yeah. I'd go through Amazon, so at least you're still backed by a real return policy.

ATX brackets are pretty much fine. If you're going to 3d print it, just up the fill reasonably high, or buy one from someone. As long as you're not putting the thing on an earthquake plate or something, it's not like it needs to be able to withstand all that much shock or anything, and if it's getting hot enough in there to melt/deform the plastic, it's way too hot in there.

e; are you not in the US? 30 seconds on Amazon:

Corsair SF600 $120 from Amazon.com (though OOS until the 20th), or get the 750 for $300 (lol) 3rd party.
Seasonic SFX-L 650W for $135 from Amazon.com
EVGA 650 SFX for $118 Amazon 3rd party
Silverstone SFX 700W for $175 from Amazon.com (no idea how good it is, though)

DrDork fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 14, 2020

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
B&H also has some SFX and SFX-L PSU's in stock.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sfx%20psu&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ah, thanks for the links! I did do some digging on PC Part Picker, but was having trouble figuring out what was "reasonably inflated prices due to current conditions" and what was just price gouging by assholes.

that corsair seems reasonable, though I guess 600W is on the low end for my eventual goal of a 3070 (seems like it's doable as long as you have no plans to OC, which I do not). might get that Seasonic for the extra wattage + 10 year warranty, though it sounds like SFX-Ls cut in a bit to the available space for the GPU in an NR200. hopefully won't be an issue with the 3070s

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
People are running 3080s with 600w psu’s so you’ll be fine as long as your cpu isn’t drawing like 250w.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

ah, thanks for the links! I did do some digging on PC Part Picker, but was having trouble figuring out what was "reasonably inflated prices due to current conditions" and what was just price gouging by assholes.

Yeah, that's reasonable. They're almost all trending $30+ over "normal" prices, but that's just how the market is right now, sadly. Except for the SF700 at $300. That's just wrong.

Related, if you don't have it yet, you can use CamelCamelCamel on Amazon as a historical price tracker to see how badly you're getting gouged.

600 is more than enough for a 3070 (~230W) unless you want to run an Intel 10th gen chip wildly overclocked. A Ryzen 3700X + 3070 + 16GB RAM + 1x NVMe SSD on a normal motherboard should be <500W, probably closer to 450W peak.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Urgh...I don't know what to do.

I either tread water and see if the n200 comes back in stock. Or sell my GPU and buy a smaller form card and a NCase m1

Tread water for n200. Comedy option get a waterblock for your 1080ti.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok, I should maybe take this back to the main PC Building thread now that I'm squarely out of the SFF category, but it's still a Mini-ITX build at least: last night I had one (1) beer which gave me the courage to finally click checkout on a bunch of computer parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: NZXT H210 Mini ITX Tower Case
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

kinda glad I did, since the 3700X went from $295 at Amazon to OOS there and $320 everywhere else today!

bringing over my MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1 from my last build, hoping to upgrade it to a 3070 some time in the next few months (and at the same time upgrade from a 1080p60 monitor to something 1440p144). I know this makes my build GPU-limited to the extent that it is kind of a pointless upgrade right now, but my roommate badly needs a new computer and I figure I'll just hand them down my old one - they're still rocking one of the Piledriver CPUs that had a loving class-action lawsuit about it, so i think they'll appreciate my 7600K :v:

my big thought here is that I'll get the 210 in, and if I am satisfied with its tinyness (anything is tiny relative to my loving Fractal R5 that I keep busting my shins on trying to walk around my room - thing's like 3" deeper than my desk surface), I'll just stick with it. otherwise, I'll get a NR200 when it's available and hopefully sell the 210.

one question I did have - I'm an idiot when it comes to cooling. The 210 comes with two 120mm fans for the top and rear, and I'm not sure if that'll be enough or if I should get front fans as well (it supports 2x 120mm there). I'm not doing any overclocking - like, I would have stuck with the stock cooler if the motherboard I'm getting didn't have problems fitting it - so am I good as-is, or should I go ahead and grab a couple fans?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

ok, I should maybe take this back to the main PC Building thread now that I'm squarely out of the SFF category, but it's still a Mini-ITX build at least: last night I had one (1) beer which gave me the courage to finally click checkout on a bunch of computer parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: NZXT H210 Mini ITX Tower Case
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S 46.44 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

kinda glad I did, since the 3700X went from $295 at Amazon to OOS there and $320 everywhere else today!

bringing over my MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1 from my last build, hoping to upgrade it to a 3070 some time in the next few months (and at the same time upgrade from a 1080p60 monitor to something 1440p144). I know this makes my build GPU-limited to the extent that it is kind of a pointless upgrade right now, but my roommate badly needs a new computer and I figure I'll just hand them down my old one - they're still rocking one of the Piledriver CPUs that had a loving class-action lawsuit about it, so i think they'll appreciate my 7600K :v:

my big thought here is that I'll get the 210 in, and if I am satisfied with its tinyness (anything is tiny relative to my loving Fractal R5 that I keep busting my shins on trying to walk around my room - thing's like 3" deeper than my desk surface), I'll just stick with it. otherwise, I'll get a NR200 when it's available and hopefully sell the 210.

one question I did have - I'm an idiot when it comes to cooling. The 210 comes with two 120mm fans for the top and rear, and I'm not sure if that'll be enough or if I should get front fans as well (it supports 2x 120mm there). I'm not doing any overclocking - like, I would have stuck with the stock cooler if the motherboard I'm getting didn't have problems fitting it - so am I good as-is, or should I go ahead and grab a couple fans?

Nothing looks too out of place here, but you might want to consider a 240mm AIO for the CPU, since the case was clearly designed with one in mind. Stick the fans in a positive pressure setup pulling in through the filters and exhausting through whatever is unobstructed so your goony dust doesn't get inside. If you don't get an AIO, put one fan pulling in from the top 120mm mount on the front of the case, and leave the back mounted fan where it is.

It couldn't hurt to get 2 more fans though, just to have an explicit front intake.

CyberPingu posted:

Urgh...I don't know what to do.

I either tread water and see if the n200 comes back in stock. Or sell my GPU and buy a smaller form card and a NCase m1

Don't sell your GPU until you have an invoice on the replacement. Also find a better place to store your LEGO and vinyl collection. And wipe off your monitor screen.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Nothing looks too out of place here, but you might want to consider a 240mm AIO for the CPU, since the case was clearly designed with one in mind. Stick the fans in a positive pressure setup pulling in through the filters and exhausting through whatever is unobstructed so your goony dust doesn't get inside. If you don't get an AIO, put one fan pulling in from the top 120mm mount on the front of the case, and leave the back mounted fan where it is.

It couldn't hurt to get 2 more fans though, just to have an explicit front intake

interesting! I hadn't considered AIO at all just since I'm not doing OC or anything, but I do know this case has poor airflow relative to anything with a front mesh panel. I suppose I could try seeing what temperatures are like with it set up with the fans as you suggest. mostly I'll feel a bit silly if I wind up going the AIO route and this Noctua ends up being an unnecessary purchase (though I got it from Amazon so I guess it'd be a free return). that said, I don't care that much about volume levels, so I guess as long as it's not actively melting down, it won't be a big deal if it's running kinda hot with air cooling

the NR200 has side (w/ a mesh side panel) and bottom fan mounts, so I guess if I did get the extra fans for this case, I'd be able to reuse them in that case (all but the included rear fan on that case are 120mm)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 14, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SFF people, how do you handle multiple fans on an ITX board? The X570-I from ASUS has 3 headers (CPU, Pump, Chassis). I'm gonna go google this but is there anything BIOS related that might affect the pump header like having it run at 100% RPM, or is it just labeling and they're all the same. My next build is probably going to have 4-6 fans depending on space constraints, two on the heatsink, and two intake at a minimum. If I can, an extra 1-2 as exhaust fans.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Warmachine posted:

Don't sell your GPU until you have an invoice on the replacement. Also find a better place to store your LEGO and vinyl collection. And wipe off your monitor screen.

Lego and vinyl collection has been moved and the monitor has already been wiped.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

SFF people, how do you handle multiple fans on an ITX board? The X570-I from ASUS has 3 headers (CPU, Pump, Chassis). I'm gonna go google this but is there anything BIOS related that might affect the pump header like having it run at 100% RPM, or is it just labeling and they're all the same. My next build is probably going to have 4-6 fans depending on space constraints, two on the heatsink, and two intake at a minimum. If I can, an extra 1-2 as exhaust fans.

Fan splitters or a fan hub for multiple fans.

My current setup has 4 Noctua 140mm fans on one fan header via a splitter. Works fine.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

ijyt posted:

Depends on whether you're doing an AIO or not. The "pump" header is normally just a standard fan controller that is rated for higher amperage to support the extra power draw of a pump, but otherwise should function just fine for fans. Actual speeds should be controllable in software.

If you're running them in pairs like it sounds like you are, you could get splitters and run the two CPU heatsink fans off the CPU header, the two intakes off the pump/chassis (whichever's closer), and the two exhaust ones off whichever is left over.

Other options are to use a dedicated fan controller, or go with something fancy like Arctic's PWM PST fans that let you daisy-chain them.

If you're doing an AIO, then you should be using the pump header for the pump, but otherwise can then do much the same: two intake fans of one of the remaining headers, two exhaust fans off the remaining one.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

ijyt posted:

SFF people, how do you handle multiple fans on an ITX board? The X570-I from ASUS has 3 headers (CPU, Pump, Chassis). I'm gonna go google this but is there anything BIOS related that might affect the pump header like having it run at 100% RPM, or is it just labeling and they're all the same.
I have that board and will be moving it into an M1 later this week.

My plan is...
    CPU_FAN: Daisy-chaining two Y-Splitters to NF F-12 + 2xNF A-12x15s
    CHA_FAN: Y-Splitter to bottom fans
    AIO_PUMP: NF-A9, possibly with LNA if it's too loud running at 100%

I'm on BIOS v1407, there is no setting to run that AIO_PUMP header at anything but 100%. Also, there are no controls for the chipset fan if you care about that. BIOS v2606 lists "Improve Fan control function" as a feature, but when I lazily googled it last week I didn't see any mentions of getting to set a fan curve for the AIO_PUMP header or the chipset.

e: can't recall if it's Total Amperage or Total Wattage at the header has to be greater than the sum of current/power for all the fans on that header

denereal visease fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 14, 2020

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ijyt posted:

The Z490-I BIOS allows me PWM control of all three headers and I think will allow me to set the temperature input for each? I know for sure I can tell the Chassis header to use any of 4 different input options. For example, once I add the GPU to my loop, I plan to experiment with controlling the loop fans based on water temperature. For the actual fans, I have them running off a Y-splitter, and before I installed my IceMan res to the 92mm exhaust mount, I had a second Y-splitter daisy-chained for that fan. Worked just fine for me.

Your manual should have a page detailing the fan headers and what they are rated for.

denereal visease posted:

I have that board and will be moving it into an M1 later this week.

My plan is...
    CPU_FAN: Daisy-chaining two Y-Splitters to NF F-12 + 2xNF A-12x15s
    CHA_FAN: Y-Splitter to bottom fans
    AIO_PUMP: NF-A9, possibly with LNA if it's too loud running at 100%

I'm on BIOS v1407, there is no setting to run that AIO_PUMP header at anything but 100%. Also, there are no controls for the chipset fan if you care about that. BIOS v2606 lists "Improve Fan control function" as a feature, but when I lazily googled it last week I didn't see any mentions of getting to set a fan curve for the AIO_PUMP header or the chipset.

e: can't recall if it's Total Amperage or Total Wattage at the header has to be greater than the sum of current/power for all the fans on that header

Now I feel like I need to check my BIOS....

edit: Ok, my BIOS has the CPU fan source temperature locked, but the AIO and CHA header source temps can be changed. You do this through the Q-Fan Control option under Monitor. This is on v0707 for the Z490-I

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 14, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Aight, that all sounds good! Thanks dudes.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Fyi NR200 basic and P version are back in stock on newegg

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I ran into the fun thing where a part is broken in a itx build, and you need to dismantle everything to get to the part you wanna unseat/test.
Transplanting it into my old lian li to swap parts around more easily looked pretty silly.

Turns out the gtx 1080 had died, fans not spinning, vga error led on motherboard.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Supradog posted:

I ran into the fun thing where a part is broken in a itx build, and you need to dismantle everything to get to the part you wanna unseat/test.
Transplanting it into my old lian li to swap parts around more easily looked pretty silly.

Turns out the gtx 1080 had died, fans not spinning, vga error led on motherboard.

I'm not sure how to describe the feeling I get looking at the massive void of a full size case around an ITX board.

It ain't good though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

horchata posted:

Fyi NR200 basic and P version are back in stock on newegg

I got all excited but the white NR200 basic is out of stock, and I don't think I need any of the features on the NR200P :negative:

my NZXT H210 has already shipped anyways. Amazon's got extended returns right now, so I guess I have time to return it if the NR200 comes back in stock before I get around to doing my build

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 15, 2020

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

I got all excited but the white NR200 basic is out of stock, and I don't think I need any of the features on the NR200P :negative:

my NZXT H210 has already shipped anyways

worst case scenario is you just have a glass panel and pcie riser in your closet somewhere

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

horchata posted:

worst case scenario is you just have a glass panel and pcie riser in your closet somewhere

I guess the one weird thing w the NR200P is it comes with two 120mm top fans instead of the 120mm top fan & 92mm rear fan that the NR200 comes with. I have no idea why this is the case, but it just seems goofy to spend $20 more for stuff I don't need, then have to go spend more money to get a 92mm fan (since I'm pretty sure two top fans isn't exactly ideal airflow?)

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

abraham linksys posted:

I guess the one weird thing w the NR200P is it comes with two 120mm top fans instead of the 120mm top fan & 92mm rear fan that the NR200 comes with. I have no idea why this is the case, but it just seems goofy to spend $20 more for stuff I don't need, then have to go spend more money to get a 92mm fan (since I'm pretty sure two top fans isn't exactly ideal airflow?)

2x top exhaust is real good in that case although I have no idea how good the stock fans are and no inclination to find out.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

abraham linksys posted:

The 92mm fan does basically gently caress all, dual top fan exhaust is the way to go in the nr200 (if the second fan fits over your cooler, if not put it as bottom intake)

The other way to look at it is the nr200p is a little bit more money in return for many more building options, even if you don't want to use them right now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

okay, I bought it :negative:

I have until the end of January to figure out how to return this NZXT case (kind of a struggle since I live in NYC and don't really want to set foot in a UPS store right now, but worst case I might find someone to buy it off me)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

abraham linksys posted:

okay, I bought it :negative:

I have until the end of January to figure out how to return this NZXT case (kind of a struggle since I live in NYC and don't really want to set foot in a UPS store right now, but worst case I might find someone to buy it off me)

Where did you buy the H210 from? If from Amazon, you can opt to have UPS come pick it up from your house for free. Don't even need to print a label or anything, just pack up what you want to ship back and the UPS guy takes care of the rest. I do that all the time for Amazon returns now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

teagone posted:

Where did you buy the H210 from? If from Amazon, you can opt to have UPS come pick it up from your house for free. Don't even need to print a label or anything, just pack up what you want to ship back and the UPS guy takes care of the rest. I do that all the time for Amazon returns now.

amazon isn't giving me that option in their little return wizard, probably because it's not a great move to leave packages sitting on your porch here, sadly. hopefully by the end of january we're either over our inevitable second wave of covid or so in-the-midst-of-it i can convince amazon to grant an extension, though

VorpalFish posted:

2x top exhaust is real good in that case although I have no idea how good the stock fans are and no inclination to find out.

silly question, but just to clarify: I'm getting a Noctua U9S, which sits on a CPU like this and, as far as I know, doesn't rotate:

given it's gonna be pulling air from the front and venting out the back (I guess??), would it be best to get front/rear fans to go with that, or will this be powerful enough on its own that its a non-issue unless I really want to optimize temperatures?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
There are no front fans in the nr200, and testing shows that a rear 90mm fan in addition to the CPU cooler doesn't improve cooling and in some cases impedes it.

Honestly though it sounds like you're stressing and overthinking this. With a Ryzen 3700X and a 3070 you'll be fine with that cooler and a couple of case fans as top exhaust. It's a good case for temps generally. If you want the absolute best air cooling for your CPU in that case, get the Noctua NH-U12A (which just barely fits with the mesh side panel), while still allowing the two full fans on top to be used as exhaust. You could then throw in some bottom case fans as intake if you want to get silly but I think it's overkill for most people.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

abraham linksys posted:

amazon isn't giving me that option in their little return wizard, probably because it's not a great move to leave packages sitting on your porch here, sadly. hopefully by the end of january we're either over our inevitable second wave of covid or so in-the-midst-of-it i can convince amazon to grant an extension, though

silly question, but just to clarify: I'm getting a Noctua U9S, which sits on a CPU like this and, as far as I know, doesn't rotate:

given it's gonna be pulling air from the front and venting out the back (I guess??), would it be best to get front/rear fans to go with that, or will this be powerful enough on its own that its a non-issue unless I really want to optimize temperatures?

There are no front fans or ventilation. Fan mounts are 2x120 top, 2x120 bottom, 2x140 side rail (if you have clearance - most tower coolers don't), 1x92mm rear.

Many of these positions can be blocked based on part selection. For example, using the sfx-l side psu mount position means no standard thickness fan in the top over the psu.

Basically negative pressure in the top is going to be best for gpu thermals. So if you go exhaust top x2 and exhaust tower cooler rear, that's best for gpu (assuming vented side not glass). You can flip the cpu cooler to intake from the rear but keep the top exhaust and you'll get better CPU thermals at the expense of gpu, so you have to pick.

I don't know enough about the d9l to know if it blocks either the back or top fan but I suspect probably not.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

I'd say go with the NH-U12A, and two bottom intake fans for an NR200 set up. Check the video below at 9:29, the H210 has a 165mm clearance so plenty of room for the U12A. If you're going with the H210 at the moment, set up two front intake fans for whatever airflow you can get out of those narrow side channels.

Wouldn't really need an exhaust fan with the NH-U12A, as the gap between the two fans would probably be quite small and just introduce noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUK7p9qQnU&t=569s

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Honestly though it sounds like you're stressing and overthinking this. With a Ryzen 3700X and a 3070 you'll be fine with that cooler and a couple of case fans as top exhaust.

okay, this is what I'm gonna go for out the gate, and I'll measure to see if anything is on fire or if any fans are constantly running at max that shouldn't be. worst case, it'll be easy to return the cooler if needed (unlike the case, I can use an Amazon Locker for it :v:) and switch things up

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

ijyt posted:

I'd say go with the NH-U12A, and two bottom intake fans for an NR200 set up. Check the video below at 9:29, the H210 has a 165mm clearance so plenty of room for the U12A. If you're going with the H210 at the moment, set up two front intake fans for whatever airflow you can get out of those narrow side channels.

Wouldn't really need an exhaust fan with the NH-U12A, as the gap between the two fans would probably be quite small and just introduce noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUK7p9qQnU&t=569s

Yeah generally going back to back with fans is not gonna work super well. Also consider the fuma 2 which is technically inside the height limit of the case and real good value at $60.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Fuma 2 blocks the back top case fan, which isn't the worst thing in the world but something to consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I’m running the noctua U12A as a rear intake in the NR200 with two top 120mm fans as exhaust, temps are good.