Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I’m looking at building in a NZXT H1 soon but I’m a little wary of longevity of the case. It’s been ages since I’ve built a PC at all and this is my first real ITX build.

I’ve seen some concerns about the thermals though for non-overclocked setups they seem warm but fine. With the next gen of gpus coming up and eventually processors am I just going to end up having to replace the case to run newer parts in the future since the cooling in the case is limited to a single AIO?

Basically I guess I’m asking I should expect large heat increases for new generations of parts (is everything running a bit hotter the norm? Did that happen with previous gens?). If so I might be better with a H210 or similar that is still smaller than my current setup but has a bit more space for cooling.

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I won’t be able to get my hands on an NCase any time soon, though the Lian Li TU150 was also something I was considering alongside the NZXT N210 as an alternative case, I might do some more reading on those and work out if they’ll sit decently on my desk.

I don’t have any concerns with what I was likely to build now (Ryzen 5 3600/RTX 2070 Super), more about where I’d want to go down the line. Feels dumb to drop the money on a case/PSU/AIO combo only to have to immediately replace it all if I upgrade anything, but the footprint and aesthetics of the H1 are pretty much exactly what I’m after.