Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

an skeleton posted:

Just wanted to share that undervolting has brought my node 202 cpu temps down to reasonable temps (~79C instead of ~90C+).

you know an h55 with a regular size fan fits where the drive cage is, right? you can still fit a 1050ti mini or 1060 mini in there too with room to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Has anyone built in an ncase m1? I'm trying to figure out if my old AIO is going to work. Build sheet:

Gigabyte z270n-WIFI
6600k with either an noctua NH-L9x65 or an h100i v2 (I keep getting weird conflicting reports on the v2 fitting)
Patriot Viper 2666 DDR4 x2 8gb
Corsair SF600 with Grey custom length cablemod cables
1080 ti founders edition

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I have genuinely reached SFF Nirvana after doing this build. Absolute loving joy to work in this case, the only even slight issue I had was figuring out the heatpipe arrangement with with the NH-L12 but even then it was five minutes. Even with cable management this was barely an hour and a half build.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

beepsandboops posted:

Nice build! I did not know that you could still fit a 3.5" drive with the cage in when you use a full sized GPU.

What did you do with the feet? It looks a little elevated.

A pair of 3.5's fit totally fine with the connectors facing upward, you need L sata cables but otherwise theres plenty of clearance under the drives too for the card. I swapped the feet out with a set of Lian Li v33 pillar shaped ones, gave an extra inch of height and lowered full load temps by 3C.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

The next is the Ncase M1 and honestly this one scares me a bit. Keeping parts cool looks like a loving chore and the graphics card I'd like to use isn't ideal. I do have a little GTX 950 I can throw in but I'd probably replace it if I can get my 1070 sold. Either way I'd use the bottom fan mounts. And it looks like I'll need at least five or six fans for this build. Even with fan splitters I think it's going to to be close.

I have a similiar build, a little more aggressive than yours with a 1080 Ti in my m1 and I can honestly say this poo poo runs as cool as any other case. I have a set of floor 120mm noctua's in it and I replaced the poo poo brown fan on the NH-L12 with one of the pwm grey ones and i'm at 4.5ghz on my 6600k and it NEVER ever goes above 60C even at full load. the 1080 Ti is a reference card and even at 112% power delivery it's still barely hitting 70C.

The case has a ton of airflow, the only "mod" I did was a set of feet from a Lian Li v33 to raise the height a bit and because the stock plastic ones are super gross. If you have any questions shoot me a pm dude. It's a cakewalk to build in as long as you have a plan.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

VulgarandStupid posted:

I have one in my M1 on my 1080ti, too. I'm not able to stably run 120% power target so I left it at stock speeds but, at least its not throttliing in PUBG like it was with the FE cooler.

Can you provide any details to this? My 1080Ti FE is so loving loud in my m1 and I don't want to do a CLC to it.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Salted_Pork posted:

Has there been any improvement in m2 wifi cards since intels 7265 in 2014, or are sff builds condemned to second class wifi forever more?

the one that came with my z270 gigabyte one was truly the worst wireless card I used in a long time. I grabbed a BCM94360CS2 plus an adapter off ebay for a total of $20 shipped and now everything works wonderfully, including bluetooth.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Potential interest check? I'm trying to get rid of my nCase build. Specs:

nCASE m1 v5 Black chassis, also have a set of silver panels I just got from china for it.
Delidded 7700k confirmed at 5ghz never above 62C on a Corsair H60 AIO
Gigabyte 270n-Wifi ITX Board with a hackintosh compatible wifi/bluetooth card installed.
Viper 2666 DDR4, 16 gigs
Crucial MX300 1tb PCIe SSD
eVGA Reference cooler nVidia GTX 1080 Ti graphics card, never overclocked. never had to.
Corsair SF600 with a set of custom dark grey cablemod shorty cables.

I have way too much money invested in this build, and I literally just want to buy a 4k iMac because I don't PLAY COMPUTER GAMES ANYMORE OK.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
CPU never goes above 68C on my 8600k at 4.8ghz on a z370 fatality board and an old lovely h60 corsair in a phanteks evolv shift, with an asus 1080 turbo.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

nescience posted:

I travel 90%+ for my job, wanted a desktop experience that I could take with me in a carry on, so I built this fire hazard. 8700K, 32GB DDR4, and a 1070 Mini in a NFC S4 Mini-C

With the case covered, the 8700K maxes out at 81C playing PUBG, a little higher than I like, but I'm okay with it. I have a 3D printed fan mount coming so I can mount a 120mm fan in lieu of the 90mm fan on the NH9 cooler, so hopefully that'll bring it down, if not I have thought about underclocking or disabling 2 of the cores. The 1070 mini hasn't gone above 75C, it's just a little unnerving because the whole chassis is very warm to the touch when I'm gaming. Still having a little trouble working out the cable arrangement after the case is covered, looking into some custom cable mod options. I tried the skyflex cables the NFC website sells but it didn't work for me, probably doing it wrong though =(

The front bezel is removed for weight reasons.

Get some custom length cablemod setups, e-mail their customer support and they have pre-set sizing for it already -- I would STRONGLY delid the setup ASAP, I dropped 18C from delidding my 8600k in a Cryorig Taku with a dog poo poo 92mm Cryorig setup.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Anyone interested in buying a Taku or a Evolv Shift?

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Someday, somehow, there will be a video review of the NR200 that actually shows what the gently caress it looks like with sata drives installed - people still use these things folks

Fitting a single loving sata drive into my Streacom DA2 with a 280mm radiator was one of the most irritating "why the gently caress did you even tell me I can do this" situations I've had building a system in probably the last 15 years.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

garfield hentai posted:

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed an N200R off of Amazon. "Ncase M1 but bigger enough to be less of a pain in the rear end to work with" was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, and the only negatives I've seen were things like "it's 7 liters bigger it's not REALLY SFF" and "the materials are heavier" which I don't care at all about.

Now I just need a dang ol 3080 to put in there

I just "downgraded" from a Streacom DA2 with a 280mm EVGA CLC on my 9900k that could not do 5ghz below 85c under any circumstance, and now in this thing it's barely at 78C and it took me a tenth of the time to build in. I've owned the following sff cases:

Ncase M1
Dan Case A4
Cryorg Taku
Evolv Shift
Streacom DA2

and now the NR200R. And from an ease of build, this thing is above and beyond everyone else. If I could get this case in aluminium with less lovely looking mesh and better panel gap, I'd honestly pay $300 for it.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
This is absolutely the stupidest loving build I've ever done:

White nr200
z390i Strix with a 9900kf at 5ghz
eVGA 280mm AIO
Tuff 3 slot 3080 RTX with a salvaged phanteks riser cable from a shift evolv to move a slot down to have direct feed access from the bottom and give me enough space to mount the really stupid 850 watt SFX-L Silverstone power supply. without it's rockhard cables pushing against the card

and one very sad noctua 120mm as exhaust right at the vram

photos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
If anyone needs a silverstone 800w sfx-L I'd be happy to sell it for what I paid. My sf600 seems to handle the 3900x/3080 I built with zero issues.