Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been wanting to downsize my ATX Mid Tower (eVGA 1080ti w/ watercool block, core i9 with water cooling AIO) and I'm ok giving up the water cool block for case size.

Looks like the NR200 is pretty popular, but I'm wondering what the goto goon recommended options are for case and for motherboard/power supplies in this space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Looking to transplant my i7 8700k GTX 1800 ti into a SFF PC from the atx beast it is now.

Was eyeing the NR200 but I'm a little stuck on mobo choices. I'd love optical audio and on board bluetooth since I'm using a USB dongle now which is spotty at best.

I'm also using a NXTZ closed loop water cooler now that I'm not attached to, but it seems air cooling is the way to go in the NR200.

Also any guides for air flow and adding more/fans?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Great, thank you both.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Finished my NR200P build over the weekend thanks to some advice in this thread - ended up getting a new CPU/Motherboard and cooler anyway since I had some firmware/bios issues with my old processor on the new board. Upgrade!

I used an Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 which is great w/ stock fans, and noctua slim (NF-A12x15) at the bottom as intake x2, and NF-A12x25 x2 on the top for exhaust.

Temps are great, but the thing is really noisey. Should I use different fans? Replace the one on the Artric Freezer? Move my computer out of the way and to the back of my desk?

Also is there a good solution for not having the PCI expansion slot have a big empty spot on it on the back? A cover or something would be nice.

Overall, really sexy case to build in, was a dream.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Canna Happy posted:

No, the Arctic fans are almost as good as the noctuas but they do make a certain noise around 1200ish rpm if I remember correctly. I’d suggest playing with your fan curves and undervolting. Also remember, your little nr200 is all open so it’s going to be louder than most atx cases at similar fan speeds.

I did mess with the MSI fan software a bit, it seemed better. It is really loud vs. what I am used to, but I did put a ton of fans in it.

My motherboard has three fan headers, one CPU, one Pump, and then another Sys fan. Maybe I have the fans plugged in to the wrong ones? I have a splitter for the CPU and Sys (I think) - will have to open up and take a look.

Any recommendations on what I should plug in to each? The Artic AIO only has one plug.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Gyshall posted:

I did mess with the MSI fan software a bit, it seemed better. It is really loud vs. what I am used to, but I did put a ton of fans in it.

My motherboard has three fan headers, one CPU, one Pump, and then another Sys fan. Maybe I have the fans plugged in to the wrong ones? I have a splitter for the CPU and Sys (I think) - will have to open up and take a look.

Any recommendations on what I should plug in to each? The Artic AIO only has one plug.

I fixed it! Turned on DC control for all the fans and used the MSI bios/windows app to configure the fan profile. Only really gets louder noticeably in stressful games. Horray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does anyone have a good solution/suggestion for covering the rear expansion slots on the nr200p? I hate how open the tops of the pci expansion slots are compared to the rest of the case.