Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Just finished putting up a Ghost S1 setup last week but the CPU temps is a little concerning. I'm using the Noctua LH-12 Ghost edition to cool a Ryzen 3600 (even bought a loving Kryonaut paste) and almost immediately at boot the temps hover around 58-68 C with highs of 71 and a low of 49.

Is this as good as it gets with low profile air cooling? I also bought another Noctua A12x25 so I can have two up top as exhaust then move the A12x15 to the bottom but I'm not sure if that will have much of an impact considering the rest of the parts are cool and it's just the CPU that's hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Okay, I'm guessing the 3600 just runs hot normally (coming from about a year of the 2600 and then Intel for the rest of my life)? I guess I'm just puzzled why normal everyday tasks draw this much juice/heat and it scares me how bad it's going to get when I actually do any gaming or encoding.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Canna Happy posted:

Dreambigbyray trip report: Cables function properly. They're a little stiffer than I had imagined (unsleeved clear) which makes the 24 pin kind of a pain. The sad part is all cables are 1cm or more longer. I have one cable that is 2cm longer than I ordered which is uh, kind of a pain in the rear end in a small case. So yeah, doing it again I'd either just buy the crimper and do it myself or just pay for some pslates. Buy once, cry once.

edit: I put in my order like the minute they opened up from their Lunar new year closure, so maybe that's the reason for sloppy measurements.

DreamBigByRay is nearer to me geographically so the price + shipping comes down to about $40 and makes a lot more sense than anything from Pslate so I decided to give him a try.

Suffice to say, the cables were underwhelming for the hype. It's stiffer than expected and trying to get the combs to control them just ends up snapping it to pieces. I also put too much faith in him knowing what to do just because I mentioned that it will be for the Ghost S1 because the cables look nothing like they'd fit in there at all - it's either too long or a tad short.

I'm giving it another shot though this time with my own measurements, sleeveless, and with combs preinstalled. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as the first batch. The preview he sent me looks a bit more promising.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Can the Inwin Chopin Pro fit a 3.5 hdd?

Looking for a small ITX case for a Plex server/kid PC that I can vesa mount behind a monitor to get as small a footprint on a desk as possible and it's almost perfect except for that one.