Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Has anyone here ever ordered from superbiiz? They seem to be the only one that has the AsRock Ryzen ITX board in stock at the moment but the 90s style website is very offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Thanks, went ahead and purchased the X370 ITX mobo on superbiiz and the R7 1700 off of amazon since it was on sale. My ncase m1 wont come until the end of July so I'm not really concerned with shipping times on superbiiz anyways.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Built my ncase x370 PC today. This took an hour longer than I wanted to since I had to keep looking at a picture reference as to what all the different screws do. Also the SF 600 power supply had the stiffest cables I've ever dealt with.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
My Ensourced cables came in the mail today so I can say I'm officially done with my overpriced/overkill ncase build. The cables definitely helped with the overall cleanliness of the internals but I doubt it does much with the airflow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fwvK9W

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I bought both the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu shorty cables

24 pin extension was 20cm long with a clip outside orientation (would change to clip inside tbh)

cpu extension was 30cm long clip outside orientation

pcie cables were both 20cm (not extensions)

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
So I decided to download and try budget PUBG yesterday and it basically turned my computer in an NCASE m1 into a furnace. Which is weird because my pc is around ~10 degrees colder while playing doom 2014

Anyways i went ahead and ordered an arctic accelero 3 off of amazon and hopefully that helps

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I'm more angry that it comes in gray for intel but I had to settle for gamer red for my ryzen

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I tried installing the accelero on my 1080ti and have given up. I used thermal tape instead of the paste that came with it and went to finally install it into the ncase and 25% of the heat spreaders fell off...

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

dy. posted:

I just plunked down for an M1 in preparation for a Coffee Lake build. I feel so horrible spending $230 on a case but couldn't resist.

Any tips for cooling setups? Never worked in a case so small. Would prefer low noise > performance. I have an Asus Strix 1080 (open air) I'm going to be putting in.

Don't strix gpus not fit inside the ncase

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Fyi NR200 basic and P version are back in stock on newegg

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

I got all excited but the white NR200 basic is out of stock, and I don't think I need any of the features on the NR200P :negative:

my NZXT H210 has already shipped anyways

worst case scenario is you just have a glass panel and pcie riser in your closet somewhere

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Scythe Fuma 2 is the cooler to get for the NR200. I don't think it fits if you plan to use the glass panel though

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Gyshall posted:

I've been wanting to downsize my ATX Mid Tower (eVGA 1080ti w/ watercool block, core i9 with water cooling AIO) and I'm ok giving up the water cool block for case size.

Looks like the NR200 is pretty popular, but I'm wondering what the goto goon recommended options are for case and for motherboard/power supplies in this space?

SFX/SFX-L only unless you wanna 3d print the atx power supply bracket
I think it can fit an matx motherboard but it's not officially supported

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

movax posted:

Waiting for the Focus SGX to come in today, and then I think I can port my work machine into the NR200. This is adorably tiny. I wish Threadripper could get smaller, but Meshify C will have to do there.

In terms of fan configs, with a Fuma 2, I'm thinking of actually dumping the rear fan entirely and only keeping the fans on the Fuma. The only reason a GPU is even in the system is because Ryzen doesn't have an iGPU, so don't really care about its thermals.

My fuma 2 heatsink is literally right up against the back panel so unless a 1mm thick fan exists you can't fit anything there anyways.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Is anyone else here running a 5800x? It's fine on idle but it gets super toasty when doing gaming (like 80c+) and it's getting me worried.

Using a scythe fuma 2 on an NR200

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

two off-topic questions for you:

* what kind of speakers are those? i probably shouldn't ask because i finally committed to getting vanatoo transparent zeros and i'm happy with how they sound, but i'm kinda bummed how much less attractive they are than a lot of other desk speakers, such as yours :(

* is that a wooden wrist rest? is that as uncomfortable as i imagine, or is it intentionally uncomfortable to ensure you're only resting your wrists on it while you're not mid-typing (which i guess is how you're supposed to use wrist rests)

Audioengine A2

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Does the corsair 3000 series 12 pin power supply cable worth with the sfx psus?

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes. However it's 60cm long, which is a lot of cable to have to tuck away. In my nr200 I think I'm happier with the adapter and shorter standard sfx power cables (which are tucked behind the front panel) than I would be with the much longer but direct 12 pin cable. If they make a short sfx 12 pin version then I might consider that.

I'll stick with the adapter for now then since I also have an NR200

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I'm finally done

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Nice!

Don't forget to plug in your GPU power :ohdear:

the worst thing is the adapter blocks the GEFORCE RTX light....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
My NR200 non P came with 8