Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

O gently caress.

e: The shortness of that might actually solve the main issue I had with T1 watercooling, lack of space for a proper DDC pump + small res combo.

This is the space left with a EK block on a reference 3090 board. The 3080 FE board watercooled would be even shorter. Might just get a T1 after all. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVpW497vTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rhaka posted:

There should be black and white fans in Q1 2021 sometime..?

Incidentally, what was the optimal fan configuration on the NR200P again?

Sycthe Fuma 2, Noctua C14S are both good, NH-U12A if you're not using the tempered glass is an option but I heard the Fuma 2 beats it, and just almost barely fits with the tempered glass.

e: whoops, misread. I think bottom intake with rear exhaust works good, with potential top intake fans if your motherboard allows space.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Wahaha360 just showed a glimpse of the "budget" version of the FormD P1, the Mesh-Licious (working name lol).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Actually, what IS the clearance on the bottom of the NR200 with a 2 slot card? Wondering how thick a radiator would fit for a custom loop with 25mm fans.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

NR200 / NR200P back in stock at Newegg.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just do a thin spread.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Found a place in the UK that has the SF750 in stock for RRP, but their checkout is hosed so I can't even order it. :')

gently caress it, I'll just use CCL.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh yeah whoops, RRP is MSRP.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rhaka posted:

Mind sharing? My scan SF750 order got pushed back to the 8th...

I'm a dumbass, it's not intuitive but you have to click one of the card icons when in your basket before checking out. 4 left in stock, and CCL is now sold out.

https://www.tekshop247.com/product_info.php?products_id=2314099

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hopefully not! Now I just need to wait for Scan to get the NR200 in and Noctua to release that sweet, sweet black NH-U12A.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rhaka posted:

Same, plus whatever is happening with my 5900x. I'm half tempted to order an ATX case off Amazon until the NR200p gets sent out... or just suck it up and pay the extra 50 quid to order from Newegg.

Oh gently caress forgot about the 5900X :negative:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh, the new Sliger S610 and S620 are looking hot.

https://imgur.com/a/Dg6FO8b

Pre-orders on 20/11, shipping 7/12.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 15, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That’s gorgeous, I’m pretty jealous you can go to a store and physically see a Dancase or Ghost, no chance of that here. Great photography too!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Haha gently caress, so much for that live stock number.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So after a bunch of horror stories about the Strix X570-I with impossible to remove NVMe screws and missing thermal pads, I went and stripped mine to check it, and it's all good. Loctite blue on screws where it should be, and thermal pad on the chipset. Really love how compact this board is and how its been put together.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man I really wish the NR200/P had top mounted AIO support, or was like, 7mm wider for better tower cooler support. This things so close to perfect for me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Side mounted AIO seems a bit fidly, and tbh I think I’ll be sticking to air, S620 seems nice for sure but looks a bit pricey.

denereal visease posted:

Any pro tips for dealing with the ribbon cable on the daughter board? I'm considering replacing the chipset thermal pad on my Strix x570-I's chipset since I routinely hit 75*C in gaming workloads and it takes forever for the chipset to cool back down.

It popped out pretty easily for me, didn’t take much force. Wiggle it a little on the sides if its not coming free.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bless Ali from OptimumTech for saving me like, £90. Saw the NF-A12’s going for £29.99 per fan, and jumped on a 5-pack of Arctic P12’s instead for £27.99 after checking out his comparison. :v:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DrDork posted:

Yeah, they're fantastic deals. I personally haven't noticed much resonance noise at 1000RPM, but it's pretty easy.to set a fan curve to avoid that range if yours do.

Also the PST versions are daisychain-able, which is real nice for keeping the cables organized and avoiding running out of fan headers.

Oh perfect, didn’t know about the daisychain feature!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DrDork posted:

12v 8-pin input instead of the normal 24-pin motherboard power connector, which is easier for his special snowflake backpack idea.

Otherwise there's no real reason to buy something like that when boards like the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 exist for about 1/3 the price. The price difference means he probably could buy a pico PSU and still end up cheaper, but that's more hardware to carry around.

Loving this vague hostility for someone just trying to do a fun project.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My SF750 from CCL was meant to arrive today, still shows as processing. 🙃

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

CCL order cancelled because there was, in fact, no stock. Never gonna get this power supply.

Scan slipped to December 22nd, another store is saying 21st of January, god drat.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 26, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

nerdrum posted:

If anyone needs a silverstone 800w sfx-L I'd be happy to sell it for what I paid. My sf600 seems to handle the 3900x/3080 I built with zero issues.

I might honestly just go with the SF600, assuming Scan actually ships the NR200 next week. I’d be running:

5900X, 3080 FE, 1x NVME, 2x SSD, 1x HDD.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rhaka posted:

Went ahead and cancelled most of my outstanding orders from scan. Hopefully I'll still get a NR200P in a few days, and we'll see if the back-ordered 5900X gets here before I can snag a 5600X drop.

Will need to figure out the PSU situation though, ugh. Ordered another SF750 from amazon with unknown ship date, might try ordering an overpriced one and returning it once the other materializes--assuming there will be actual stock after the weekend, which I doubt.

drat it's like we've got a parallel shopping experience going on. I ordered the SF750 from Amazon last night just because it was the only place with retail pricing still.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I annoyingly bought the overpriced Corsair 12-pin cable so I'm stuck waiting for now.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Weird question but does anyone know how much a NH-D15 (single fan) overhangs on an ITX board (ideally an X570). There’s a neat vertical case going round reddit reminiscent of the new xbox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/k0wvvk/some_renders_of_my_custom_case_name_still_pending/

ijyt fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 28, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Romes128 posted:

It's almost the size of the entire board with both fans. Like make sure you have all your cables plugged in before installing it lol. Here's my build in the TU-150. It's almost touching the GPU.

Good lord okay, thank you. :stare:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

As I continue to flip-flop on how to cool my 5900X in the NR200, does mounting a 240mm radiator on the side-panel prevent mounting a 3.5" HDD on the PSU cage?

e: Sooo one UK retailer is saying the SF600 psus are due in on the 16th.

Of April.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 1, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rhaka posted:

I managed to grab a SF750 with a 50 buck markup off Amazon, and have one for MRSP back-ordered. If the second PSU comes in soon I'm happy to sell you the spare SF750 at cost if you haven't found one yet.

Awkwardly, I've managed to grab all the parts I wanted (3080FE, 5600X*, MSI 550-I, SF750), but the NR200P is now overdue to ship. Since I'm impatient and want to build and game soon, how stupid of an idea is it to grab a random ATX case off Amazon and put my parts in there while I wait for the actual SFF case?

*am cancelling my scan 5900x order, gently caress it, 5600x should be fine and cool better in a FormD T1 eventually

Thanks man, I’ll keep looking but I’m pretty sure we have the same Amazon back order. Also not surprised the Scan estimate for the NR200P slipped. I actually got my 5900X on monday and I had forgotten to order a cooler for it, so now I’m just waiting on that to build it in my current ATX case :negative:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The smaller fan on the back is pretty much useless most of the time anyway.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

B&H has the SF750 in stock for $199 - almost tempted to order it from the UK.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Wahaha360 just showed a glimpse of the "budget" version of the FormD P1, the Mesh-Licious (working name lol).

Ali of Optimum Tech should have a video on this case in the last week of December! Photo updates here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/mesh-licious-14-5l-vertical-280aio-mainstream-case.14608/post-231181

ijyt fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 12, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Without a doubt my 4TB Seagate is the loudest part of my PC. As soon as I can replace it with another 4TB 2.5” SSD I will.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

A PC Game posted:

Looks like many FormD T1 pre-orders are going to be delayed to March 2021 or later. Anyone know a good dirt cheap sff case that can fit a 3080 (TUF, Founder's, or XC3) for temporary use?

NR200 if you want to stay SFF.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Head Bee Guy posted:

Any thoughts on the Louqe Ghost S1? I haven’t built a rig in about ten years, and that was some massive wheezing rgb beast. But lately, i’ve been fantasizing about a new dual boot hackintosh/gaming build in the itx form factor, and that case is close to checking all the boxes.

I’m planning on using a 5700xt, but the main limiting factor on cases for me is storage bays. I need to fit at least 3 ssds, and 1 3.5” hdd.

Those drives won't fit in the Loque unless you get some top hats for it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Optimum Tech already has a review up of the Meshilicious. (What a dumb rear end name)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpNt1o6l_Y

He specifically says the 3080 Gaming X Trio won't fit in it, so looks like I'm sticking with my SM580.

Been waiting for this or the FormD P1, but considering the aluminium pricing crisis I think I'm gonna go for this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I missed the SF750 going back in stock on Corsair's UK site by 3 hours. :negative:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

I missed the SF750 going back in stock on Corsair's UK site by 3 hours. :negative:

:toot:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

lmao UK eBay is now flooded (relatively) with scalped SF750s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just need a case now :shepicide: