Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:gizz:

but do these boards actually come with lovely onboard graphics or do you need to buy lovely PCI graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Coredump posted:

Doing some upgrading on an older system I had. Currently the specs are:
Case: Silverstone sg05
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97n
Processor: Intel i5 4590
Cooler: Corsair H60
Videocard: Asus gtx 660 direct cu mini
Ram: 8 gigs of something
Powersupply: silverstone 450 sfx

First time running a Corsair AIO cooler. Just did a brief intel burn test and the temps hit 100 C before I shut the test down. Before this I was running an ivy bridge i3 with a Samuel 17 cooler. What the christ is going on here. Idle temps seems to be at 35 C at the moment.

Edit: Ah, I've got the "thin motherboard" issue that is apparently A. Thing. with the H60. Gonna have to put washers on the back plate to take out the slack from the standoff screws. Joy.

Get a mini GTX 970 or wait for a mini GTX 1070 to become available (probably a few months). Everything else is fine.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

HalloKitty posted:

I guess that's just how finely balanced (crap) the stock cooler is on a 4790K. Can't even have an idling GPU in the same case without throttling. Poor thing is crying out for a decent cooler!

Someone needs to rescue an old stock cooler from the trash heap and slap it on a 6700k.