Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

That explains why they seemed to disappear even prior to the current power supply shortage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I have a 3600 cooled with a Noctua NH-U9S, and mine runs upper 30s to low 40s idle, and low 80s at 100% load. Given the difference in size of the heatsink, low 50s doesn't seem surprising.

How fast are your fans running at idle? Are the bottom fans intake or exhaust?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

i thought i was out of the SFF game after the nr200 turned out to be nonexistent, but the loving NZXT H1 is apparently in stock on Newegg and on their own site now, and it's weirdly tempting https://www.newegg.com/matte-white-nzxt-h1-mini-itx/p/N82E16811146330 (if you're not familiar, it costs $400 because it comes with a PSU and AIO cooler, though even with that there's a fair debate to be had over whether it's worth it)

seems like a 3070 should fit in it, right? maybe the reason it's not already sold out is that the 650W PSU is underpowered for the 3080 and the space concern, and everyone's all hyped on 3080s rn. or maybe people have moved on from the H1, or no one noticed that it's in stock and it'll be sold out 15 minutes from me making this post

Wasn't that $350 before? drat.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

CopperHound posted:

How much power consumption does that build work out to and what would be a more reasonable target for that setup?

The 5950x is theoretically fine but he was having motherboard problems. A GPU in the low 200 watt range like the 3070 would probably be better, but I'm fairly surprised this didn't work out after he undervolted the 3090 and the PPT of the 5950x.

Cross-Section posted:

Finished up my NR200/5900x (w/FUMA 2 cooler)/3080 build.

BIOS says CPU is idling ~70C... which means I probably hosed up on the thermal paste, right? Did the pea method. Cooler itself is firmly attached and level, and fans are oriented to exhaust out the back.

That, or the cooler isn't seated exactly right. Those temps are definitely way too high.