Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sound God with A weakness of Sky. Probably going to theme myself around languages, both spoken and written, human and animal.

Angelus - The Divine Scripture

God NameAngelus
Aspect The Divine Scripture
Mastery Element Sound
Weak Element Sky

In the begining, there was a word, and the word was

"Who"

In time the word came to be joined by others.

"Who"
"Am"
"I"

"Who am I?" The words asked themselves these questions. They did not know the answer, and so they waited. In time more words came, gathering and clustering, describing and defining. The mass grew and grew and grew, until a lone voice echoed amongst it's question.

"Angelus" It said. And to prove it, it inscribed itself with the name. All of those words that had gathered to define this being, were sucked into this one simple inscription. And thus, did Angelus come to be. She looked about herself, the world was strange and undefined. What was Angelus, if everything else was without measure? So she reached out, and began to use the words, the same words as of her birth to add definition to the uncertainty. Until she could perceive the world as it was.

But still she could still not answer the question. So first she told the ground of itself, that it was 'strong', that it was both 'hard', and 'soft'. That it was 'earthy' and 'loamy', and all things the ground could be. As she spoke her voice rang clear and true, inscribing the words into the ground and the ground understood it was as it was. Such did Angelus walk, singing to the world, to tell it of itself, and to answer the question.

To give it clarity where there was uncertainty. In time she found that she could describe was was not, and make it so. Crafting new things from the words that had not existed before. She would define and describe all things, and in doing so finally truly answer the question.

"Who am I?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Angelus looked up from her act of defining what she had named "Grass" and upon the Nameless One as he passed on the future to them. Gods, many of them. She could feel them, becoming aware of her.

She could feel the pull of curiosity. But she had work to do. There was so much to define. So much to mark! She would keep working and then see if one of these Gods would aproche her.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The winds were whipped hard as the mighty creature flew overhead. Angelus shielded her eyes from the dust it kicked up. Until the great bird sat observing her with eyes that sparkled with curiosity.

"My my my, I'm going to have my work cut out with you. Speak creature! Have you been named yet? Do you know what you are?" Words flickered around her, questions and answers, descriptions and certainties. Could this be one of the nameless one's children?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Narrowing her eyes at this... Micaiah, Angelus gathered her words back too her. How had she done that? Well clearly the creatu- Micaiah was inteligent enough to spell it's name. Even if it was loud enough to shake the trees. She winced, understandable really.

"Quieter. I'm only standing here. No need for so much noise. So you are Micaiah? I am Angelus, the words made me, and now I must define what exists within this world. Or else all would be chaos, and confusion. Would you help me with this task?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 1, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"I know you understand me." Angelus said, pressing her hands to her ears and lessening her hearing. That would make it a little more comfortable at least. "The..." She raised her hands and let the words define what she was looking at. A 'Giant' 'Bird', 'Great' 'Powerful' 'Curious'. She made these things so, at least this way she could better understand Micaiah. It was too undefined, hazy at the edges. Maybe now she'd have an easier time speaking to it. "The Giant Bird act is very unbecoming. I know you're smarter then you're pretending to be."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"You seem ill suited to speaking. But you are by no doubt a child of the Nameless One. Very well Micaiah, I will fly with you. My name is Angelus, and if you wish, I can teach you to speak?" Angelus gestured, writing herself wings of golden words. 'Graceful' 'Fast' 'Light' 'Feathers' 'Flight' these and more were woven into them. Though at first they felt awkward and clumsy, Angelus adjusted, adding new phrases to them until she felt like they could bare her through the skys.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Angelus watched, curiosity bringing inaction, as the two species diverged and were uplifted by the two gods. This watching eye was a silent god. It did not speak. It did little but watch. But all the same she felt such confusion from it. So much that it was difficult to understand it's motivations. Regardless though, she had a duty, and while Beleleth sat on his cliff, she went to his ape children. They spoke not, but they used their hands to speak. Words all the same.

Angelus approached, and walked amongst them. She knew they feared Sound. Though that was her domain. She named them. Defined them. And when she was done, she inscribed her words for them into a stone at the centre of their settlement. In time, they may make their own words. But for now, she would gift them with a start, and leave it to them to continue from there.

This done she make the trip up the cliff. To the Tengu, and their bird god Micaiah. She had been slowly teaching the creature language with which to speak. Though the tongue of the gods was beyond mortals. She could at least make the same gesture to the Tengu. She named them, defined them, and on the cliffside left different markings. From these markings she taught them to speak, a rudimentary tongue, beaks are not as adaptable as lips. They would in time craft their own more complex words. But regardless there was one last thing she must do.

Angelus ascended to the top of the mountain, where the watching eye sat. She bowed before it in greeting. She could feel the silence radiate out. It met her sound in the middle. Two gods of opposite ends of the spectrum. She gestured in the air, letting the Words speak for her. After all, what conversation could be had with a god of silence?

'Greetings, child of the Nameless one. I am Angelus, the Wordsmith. I would ask of you your purpose here?'

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 5, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Angelus had passed the aeons fulfilling her quest to define everything. She had discovered and named all the things of the land, and all the things of the sky. The only thing that remained was the world under the water. With the seas rising, Angelus walked to the waters edge and descended into the underwater kingdom of the mad gods. She named the coral, and the fish, the octopi, of which she became especially fond. So many arms, so much potential to write below the waves! It did not take long for her to encounter the children of the ever arguing child of the Nameless one.

She watched them curiously, two species working together, and they enshrined words? Well, this just sounded like her kind of party. Angelus approached the creatures, wreathed in light and wonder. She sought to learn of their words and in doing so, would impart her own onto them.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

As the world above the waves flooded, Angelus looked on. And she was Angry. The peoples of the land above were now in conflict with the people below. Such acts were unacceptable. And for what? Turning the world into a swamp?

No no no. This will not do.

Angelus sunk to the bottom of the ocean. and from the deepest part of the sea she began to construct a tower. A mighty edifice, hundreds of miles across. A structure like the world had never seen. She built it from words, each brick filled with the strongest and sturdiest language she could muster. She poured her divine powers into each and every one. A bastion, each brick a full story all of it's own, and she built it higher and higher. It breached the surface of the water, The corridors constructing themselves within, rooms as big as cities, within which Angelus started to construct whole worlds, forests and mountains, seas and rivers, great planes and mighty canyons.

She built it up into the sky, until it could be seen for miles in every direction. Upon it she emblazoned her knowledge and her art, the words that she once used to define the world and all things within it, now used to craft it. She commanded the very structure of the tower to alter and amend itself to meet whatever challenge could be thrown. For language was forever changing, and as such the bricks began to shift and move across the surface. Whole sections rearranging themselves. Then she commanded the rooms to see to the needs of those living within it's space. Food, and resources, but to never baby them. Those that would live here would work, and hunt, just as it was meant to be.

Lastly, she began her greatest work. There would be times in which she would not be here. And there needed to be those who could run and protect this sanctuary. So she made a construct, a creature born of the words, both wondrous and monstrous by the standards of natural life.

"My child, I name you the first of your kind. Within you I have given a purpose, to watch over this tower and all who would dwell within it during my absence. I grant you power, and a soul, and your names shall be the Prime. Your bones will be as Amber, and your flesh will be as word. Holy and powerful."

She taught them of the Words, and their true power in the world. For while they could define what was true, they could also create truth from nothing. Magic, sorcery, truthsmithing. She gave these being purpose, and seared it into the very essence of their beings.

With that she waited for the first to come and investigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The Tower stood.

Ha.

Angelus looked out upon the receding seas. She was angry that Micaiah would dare to try and strike at her. But she was not so petty that she would seek vengeance. No, no, no...

Instead she turned her gaze downwards. The law of the word would be preserved. Her Prime moved out into the sea, gathering what relics could be gained. The depth of the water mattered little too them. Their ever changing bodies adapting to the harsh conditions. From the deepest bedrock of the sea they crafted servitors of their own. Mighty stone men, who helped haul what could be recovered back within the tower. In the lowest rooms, a shrine was crafted to remember the fallen empire. The Stone Men were given a home, to tend to the shrine. They were strong, but lacked a mind of their own, they needed the guiding mind of a Prime to command them. But for a first effort it was commendable.

Angelus looked out to the lands, as the seas returned. Out there were people, and animals who had survived the chaos. Would it not be right to offer them a home as well? She had watched the other gods create children almost callously. Abbandoning them and returning as and when it suited them. She worried for their creations. But it was not her place to interfere. So instead she set out, seeking creatures who could impress her, who bore just the right spark. They would be uplifted, and would come and reside within the Tower. Angelus found her first in a small lizard like creature, the basked in the sun for warmth but they would be well suited to a number of lands within the tower. She placed her hands upon them, imbuing them with the Words, and a spark to speed their evolution. Shaping them into bipedal creatures. But she left the rest to evolution. The race would decide their own future. When they did Angelus would instruct them of the world and give them a choice, join her in the tower, or make their lives in the wilderness of the world.

• Locked thread