Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best David Lynch movie?
Eraserhead
Dune
The Elephant Man
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart
Twin Peaks (TV show)
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
Inland Empire
View Results

• Locked thread
Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Dune, but I was blazed outta my gourd when I watched it so that may influence the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Dune is the best lynch movie. If you voted for anything else you are a sado-masochistic child rapist/murderer necrophiliac and a Bad driver.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thew big Lebowski

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

Love twin peaks, saw inland empire and thought it was god awful. didn't get it i guess

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"Hi, I voted for dune. I'm a huge loving nerd that should be hoisted by his underwear on the flagpole if there was a just a loving god."

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Frankenstyle posted:

Blue velvet was his best, and Wild at Heart was both almost as good, and sadly his last good movie.

Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway were both cases of Lynch being all like "Hey guys, look at me. I'm still David Lynch, honest!" People seriously need to stop pretending they liked those two.

Imagine not liking Mulholland Drive

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

HP Hovercraft posted:

you didn't even put The Straight Story on the poll so i voted for his second best Fire Walk With Me.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Oldstench posted:

God loving drat I love David Lynch.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

No Straight Story, a shameful poll.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Quote-Unquote posted:

No Straight Story, a shameful poll.

I saw it opening night and my friend and I were the only ones in the theater:(

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Wizard Master posted:

Imagine not liking Mulholland Drive

WARNING
CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE
INITIALIZING HARD REBOOT

*explodes*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Fire Walk With Me. It's way better than the Twin Peaks TV show.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

The Dennis System posted:

Fire Walk With Me. It's way better than the Twin Peaks TV show.

that's not hard since that is a poo poo show that nerds pretend used to be good

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
The episode of twin peaks where the Asian lady became a doorknob was the best

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

vols bitch posted:

that's not hard since that is a poo poo show that nerds pretend used to be good

why dont you take a seat over there

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
nothing beats Rabbits.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

The answer is Blue Velvet, but there's a special place in my heart for Dune because I love unintentional comedy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wild at Heart.

"Uh oh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQwumNQL9E

"SAAAAILOR!"

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 19, 2016

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Straight Story was a great example of how much tension and drama it is possible to put in something that has no "edge" at all to it.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Don't say you haven't seen a David Lynch film at a party of ~hip millenials, because it is the new "we should kill all blacks" for this generation and I learned the hard way.

Also don't work with pesticides.

Someone mentioned a weird scene in Mulholland Drive or maybe Blue Velvet that made me want to watch it though. I've seen the first three episodes of Twin Peaks like 5 times but I just can't get into it.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"
Mulholland Drive is good but overrated and sort of babby's first Lynch. Everyone knows it was a failed pilot and was re-purposed as a movie and I think it shows, it has holes and weird tangents that don't quite gel 100%

Fire Walk With Me though, man, that is PEAK Lynch.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

dad gay. so what posted:

wild at heart is probably the best movie ever

So much to love about that movie.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

pr0k posted:

So much to love about that movie.

bobby peru is maybe the greatest character in film

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I voted for "Dune", but I prefer the 3 hour version that he disavowed. Listening to the narrator mispronounce terms is great fun.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

genesplicer posted:

I voted for "Dune", but I prefer the 3 hour version that he disavowed. Listening to the narrator mispronounce terms is great fun.

:hfive:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does inland empire actually exist? :shrug:

Wild at heart though.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

genesplicer posted:

this, if you didn't vote Dune you should be david lynched

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Is your pussy wet?

Is it wet?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I always find myself enjoying Lost Highway the most and it still pops up in my mind every couple of months w/o context or warning, and probably will for the rest of my life. Very good movie.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wizard Master

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

You left out Rabbits

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Quinoa

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I voted for Fire Walk With Me just to be a contrarian jerk since obviously Blue Velvet is the correct answer, but then a bunch of other people picked Fire Walk With Me claiming to be serious and I just feel gross. Sometimes irony doesn't pay.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Fargo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

bobby peru is maybe the greatest character in film

looks like one eyed jacks got a yearning to go a peepin in a seafood store

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Vastarien posted:

This one time I met a goth girl online who had never seen Eraserhead so I invited her over to my apartment to watch it. She split halfway through and I never saw her again. :( I guess it's for the better because what kind of self respecting goth girl has never seen Eraserhead?

Anyway, that's my pick.

the kinda one that like to gently caress also not fat thought AKA fakegoth

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Irony.or.Death posted:

I voted for Fire Walk With Me just to be a contrarian jerk since obviously Blue Velvet is the correct answer, but then a bunch of other people picked Fire Walk With Me claiming to be serious and I just feel gross. Sometimes irony doesn't pay.

Fire Walk With Me is a fantastic movie, and is a complete standalone from the series. I've seen that movie dozens of times.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Minimalist Program posted:

I always find myself enjoying Lost Highway the most and it still pops up in my mind every couple of months w/o context or warning, and probably will for the rest of my life. Very good movie.

I like the highbeams loving in the desert and Lou Reed singing This Magic Moment a whole lot in that movie that I have seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

the kinda one that like to gently caress also not fat thought AKA fakegoth

i cant believe you havent seen wild at heart. you of all people. i think you should make it happen. it is a game changer

• Locked thread