Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007

garanzia posted:

I'm having an issue. I've been having a play though as the UK (latest patch, colourblind mod, ironman mode) with a vague eye on getting the One Empire achievement. I started by going Allies with France, Germany got themselves bogged down on multiple fronts and then went for Czechoslovakia, which I promised to defend, wiped them out with a naval invasion in the north, capitulate them and Italy to end the war. France had switched Communist, and left the Allies then joined the Comintern. I invade France, and then Russia and end that war.

I then flipped to fascist, thinking that (according to the wiki), that would cause me to leave the allies, and that it'd either break apart, or it'd be taken over by the next biggest member. This didn't happen. I'm currently still leader of the allies with the rump of Germany, Italy, France, Rep. Spain and Czechoslovakia, with no way to leave it or break it up. Did I screw up by creating the Allies in the first place? Or did I hit a bug?

Good news and bad news for you.
Bad news is, as a faction leader you can't disband your faction unless the only members are your puppets. Other countries will sometimes leave your faction if you change ideologies, but not always.
Good news is, One Empire requires you to be a faction leader, and all countries of the world to be a member of your faction. So you don't really want to disband it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007
If you like playing minors, all the commonwealth countries are interesting if you have Together for Victory.
Mexico is fun, just gear up asap and take over the USA.
PRC and ROC and both solid of course. Or even one of the other warlords if you are feeling ambitious.
Uh, Turkey is mostly not in Europe? Decent industry and can reasonably choose any side of the war.
I guess you could try Iran, not sure what they have for resources?