Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

ExtraNoise posted:

Reposting for posterity.

Berlin Manila

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

DOMDOM posted:

Yeah I agree, it's whitewashing and loving stupid. A lot of German law is built around this revisionist idiocracy. But all them folks getting mad at paradox need to write their local politicians instead of spamming IMMMM CANCELING MY PREODRERING CUZ NO HITLER GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR threads on the forum.

At least we got slavery and purging in Stellaris :) TAKE THAT GERMANY!

It looks like all versions of the game have a German flag with an iron cross rather than a swastika. Why is no one pitching a fit about that?

MUH HISTORICAL ACCURACY!

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

ExtraNoise posted:

No, but see, you just don't get it. If they don't make tanks the best thing ever then that won't lead to research to give me gundams!!! Tanks are literally superior to every other form of warfare ever made and can only be made better by putting legs and wings on them, which is pretty obviously where Hitler was going before the war ended. The only reason those German tanks broke down invading Russia is because they didn't have ENOUGH wings and legs!!!! Any idiot can see this. Paradox should hire me for history consultation, obv.

Pfft. The Russians would just design mechas that run on unrefined crude and could be stripped down and reassembled in 15 mins by an illiterate farm boy.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

LordArgh posted:

my favorite was the one who wanted them to model multiple varieties of german assault guns

I blame this on World of Tanks.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Phi230 posted:

By the same logic why not just complain about having different tanks all together

just have one tank that is shared between all factions because actually adding in real tanks is for nerds

Lots of people care about the difference between a Sherman and a Tiger. Many fewer people care about StuG III vs StuG IV.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

sudo rm -rf posted:

Hey if you guys are bored, want to review my list for national endonyms?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vnO-I9pMoHLa69uzo2TbasS31x-lj1cTkfCy2RVV1Y8/pubhtml

Also seeking good ideas for all the alt-history ideologies

I think the correct Latin name for Switzerland would be "Helvetica" not "Helvetia".

I'd say that you should just use Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera, but then you'd have to do something similar for other countries with multiple official languages.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

StarMinstrel posted:

I've seen a few companies have the conscience to evaluate their game, humble themselves saying "this might be poo poo", do a post mortem and start not from scratch, but close to. FFXIV comes to mind (although a bit of a different beast) as having been able to go from Giant turd to above average MMO that's currently, I think, second to WoW?

Might happen more than you think, but generally with big companies that already have a lot of money coming in.

The recent Doom game (Bethesda) was apparently completely re-worked well into development because the designers didn't think it fit the spirit of the original game. Overwatch (Blizzard) was built from the ashes of an MMO that was in development for years before the devs decided it just wasn't any fun.

I don't know if Paradox can afford to be quite that that honest with their self evaluations yet, but they now have quite a few revenue sources in place so you'd think they're getting there.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Stairmaster posted:

I'm glad I preordered this game.

Yeah, thank god.

They might run out of bits at the download store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Gail Wynand posted:

Am I a nazi if I install a realistic Nazi flag mod, I just want a realistic flag :-(

Employ appropriate internet meme for maximum deniability...

((()))