Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is no Sherman, boy! No Sherman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argentina has no special events or flavor until the very end of the game where you get a popup asking "ACCEPT NAZIS, YES/DOUBLE YES?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My first game will be as Italy and see if my failures match or exceed Mussolini's.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forget Dresden, I'm torching the entirety of southern Germany to ensure a clean slate for my commutes to thrive for a few years and then kill each other over grain.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You're adorable little cannons on wheels will be useless in the face of Maxter Gundam punching Berlin to death.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When will Paradox do a dev diary on the COBRA Unit mechanics and how the Boss being pregnant at D-Day only made the Nazis die faster.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PleasingFungus posted:

look at this thing. look at this ridiculous tank

huh, so that's where landmasters come from

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe Rommel-worship will stop when SHAH WALI loving KHAN rips his little book in half.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want to play as Kim Il-sung liberating the Korean people from the barbaric yoke of the Japanese devils.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where are my circa-Windows 95 UI spreadsheets that tell me how many times John Q. Nazi took a poo poo on May 14, 1944 while serving in Luxembourg?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Strategy game AI incredibly incompetent, more at 11.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Traxis posted:

Shenryyr staged a fascist coup in Australia and the result was 'Empire of the Platypus'

Just pre-ordered now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pop and Loch Nessy posted:

No one is talking about the important issues- like how many of us are creating our own swastika mod

Imagine a platypus wearing a swastika, forever.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

HoI4 coming with Mussolini AI applied to the entire world.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stairmaster posted:

I opened up a communist finland stream and

I'm the Kuomintang troops chilling at the Black Sea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stairmaster posted:

I just saw a stream where germany uk and facist usa teamed up to defeat hungary in 1939.
The Magyar Menace must be stopped, the (not really but close enough) Huns cannot reach Berlin and civilization.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Drone posted:

While I'm glad they localized country names based on government type, there are a lot that look pretty ridiculous.

"Empire of the Platypus" = Fascist Australia
"Union of Red Dragons" = Communist Bhutan

Really want to know if Canada is like the People's Republic of the Beaver or some dumbass poo poo.

This is actually amazing and better than any normal-rear end localization.

EDIT: Red Beaver Commune

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Schizotek posted:

I was disappointed to see that the American fascists are the Silver Shirts instead of Father Coughlin. Until I noticed that he was the advisor you took to encourage a fascist coup. Well done Paradox. Silver Legion were still nobodies who never got even a whiff of widespread popularity even among the "burn the Jews, gently caress democracy" crowd, but you got Coughlin at least.

e: Shoulda been the Black Legion or KKK.

The Klan? Take advice from a Catholic filthy papist? You may as well ask them to call up the NAACP every now and then.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

sudo rm -rf posted:

Communist/Fascist Endonym names are almost done for Europe.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vnO-I9pMoHLa69uzo2TbasS31x-lj1cTkfCy2RVV1Y8/pubhtml

You can change ideology with tabs at the top.

Fascist Bulgaria should be called Great New Bulgaria, ty.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FDR's America has more problems on it's hands in 1936 than Central America killing itself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

90% of South America is ruled by one mustachioed man who keeps up the ruse by wearing a different suit. It's awesome.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A lot of Vicky flags a reused, meaning that the Great Crab of Latvia lives again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ofaloaf posted:

Paralyzed with indecision over who to play, I elected to run an observer game with historical focuses off, just to see what would happen.

Oh.

You have to forgive Marshall Petain, poor guy barely knows where he is half the time.

He still thinks that America is run by "that Wilson boy".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RagnarokAngel posted:

I saw a loading screen with Roosevelt and Churchill planning war strategy with Hitler :allears:

The Fuhrer would never associate with a man in a wheelchair, give me my refund.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I played my first game as South Africa, wanted to see what would happen if I went fascist.

I'm not sure what I was expecting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Soviet Union has determined that the Nazis can wait, Turkey must be burned to the ground.

Actually a smart plan because I was going to flip them fascist to spear at the Caucasus.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Koesj posted:

Okay what's really stupid is South African forces marching straight across the whole continent to cut me off vertically in Egypt :downs:

Brave Boers, making the Greatest Trek, clearing the land for the True and Righteous settlers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TehKeen posted:

There's also a "New Soviet Man" or some such that gives the USSR Kamikazes. :captainpop:

THE MAN WITH THE GUNS SHOOTS, THE MAN WITHOUT THE GUNS SITS IN THE BACK SEAT. WHEN THE MAN WITH THE GUNS IS KILLED, THE MAN WITHOUT GUNS CRASHES THE PLANE.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Democratic Republic of Tibet had a peaceful transition from feudal theocratic weirdness to democratic theocratic weirdness. To celebrate, we decided to lend-lease Chiang Kai-Shek all the fuckin' Infantry Equipment he'd ever need. Then we said why not and joined the war against the Japanese Devils and the Lama Mountaineers single-handedly liberated Shandong and Nanjing. Bonus, we're making Kai-Shek's heart grow a few sizes by covertly increasing support for Democracy.

Meanwhile, those hippies in the Spanish Republic kicked Franco's rear end, but then got their poo poo kicked in by Vichy France once the real war broke out. Hitler now owns all of western Africa.

Also, Amelia Earhart survived.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

slavatuvs posted:

Uh this is problematic pdox...

Look over in Asia sometime. The only minors with unique leaders are Tibet (who has an incredibly depressed Reting Rinpoche) and Siam. Everything else is just a pensive looking B.D. Wong.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I didn't expect Eoin O'Duffy to have his own portrait when I birthed Nationalist Ireland to piss of the UK.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Drone posted:

The in-game music is absolutely fantastic (<3 Andreas Waldetoft)

I want to know the names of the pseudo-wartime music.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've noticed that Romania gets its lunch money taken from it frequently. They've lost northern Transylvania to Hungary and that slice of land they have south of the Danube to Bulgaria.

Then either the Soviets eat them alive or turn them into Commie Romania.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I would be completely happy with the only updates to this game being ones where new portraits are added.

Except for South America, which needs to be ruled by the same mysterious used car salesman.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If it was sold in China legitimately, poor neutral Tibet would not be a thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tuskin38 posted:

The PRC gets upset if China isn't depicted as united in media.

Li Zongren was a loyal member of the Communist party and one of Mao's personal friends, how dare you insinuate that he was a despotic warlord over southern China.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm having a fun time looking at the in-game portraits and comparing the first results in GIS.

Ataturk's looks genuinely like a colorization of a really old photo and it's sort of unsettling how pink his cheeks are.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think Argentina is the only country who has a possible woman leader - Fanny Edelman/Jacoviks if you switch to commie. Curious.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mister Adequate posted:

Playing a game as Revolutionary Argentina where I'm intending to unite the whole continent under the red flag. First point of note; the leader is Fanny Jabcovsky http://www.albavolunteer.org/2011/12/queen-of-the-machine-gun-fanny-schoonheyt-dutch-miliciana/ :allears: e; fuuuuck yooooouuu Funky Valentine :argh: She also has her own portrait, interestingly, perhaps precisely because she's the only woman leader?

They use the exact same picture in the article, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If there a way to put a Neutral party in power? I want to see a South Africa run by the ANC fifty years early.