Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
so, recently I found myself in a 4 day program for "at risk" alcoholics. now that ii completed the short dry out period i find myself drinking as much as ever and waking up in random yards and poo poo as usual. what should I do .
gooonsz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
my nigga have you tried lsd

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
just stop drinking cold turkey whats the worst that that could happen?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Volume posted:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
DTs

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer
rehab is for quitters

don't be a quitter, winners never quit and quitters never win

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How cool are the yards you wake up in

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
my nigga have you tried pcp

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i am on so much poo poo right now that I just want to stop so I can sleep for fuckingn once

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if you cant sleep do a lot of heroin and you'll sleep for the rest of your life

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/S6Fs78G.webm

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

you hiring?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

you hiring?

You stop drinking yet? It's teh first step

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Never stop drinking

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I have stopped drinking for now... But for how
Long?!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you need to confront the underlying issues that drive you to drink and only then will thy tendencies amend you stupid retarded moron

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I Am a retarded moron who decided a combat tour in Afghanistan was a logical career move

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

I Am a retarded moron who decided a combat tour in Afghanistan was a logical career move

COuld be worse, you could have wasted 4 years of your life in college

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i think they load you with benzos so i think its a good move

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
talk to tyler durden

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
my personal Tyler durden says to "get buff bitch" which gives me no immediate help

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Just Do It.

(your mum)

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
real talk here rehab is super lame and a total buzzkill

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
double down and drink even more imo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Iron Prince posted:

so, recently I found myself in a 4 day program for "at risk" alcoholics. now that ii completed the short dry out period i find myself drinking as much as ever and waking up in random yards and poo poo as usual. what should I do .
gooonsz?

Why can't you smoke weed instead ? Being high is 200% better than being drunk, and there's no hangover.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

Why can't you smoke weed instead ? Being high is 200% better than being drunk, and there's no hangover.

Why not both?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I hear there are groups for people who want to get off/stay off alcohol & drugs, which have worked for many.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
rehab is a good place to meet dope hookups

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Have you thought about drinking some more OP?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Iron Prince posted:

gooonsz?

At least you're getting out and about. What was your longest stint of not drinking? What was the lovely excuse you told yourself? My last one was "its visibly inconveniencing the bar staff to have to keep going to the store for more of this lovely non-alcoholic beer." What were the yards like?

e:i am bad at typing

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Personally, I see nothing wrong with being a functioning alcoholic, but if you're really waking up in alleys and stuff, you might want to start out with drinking at home. It's easier to post in GBS that way, too.

Seriously, though, if really want to stop, I think the first thing you should do is go and see a doctor. He can examine you and help you find a workable solution.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
just stop drinking so drat much. lol if you havent been to the bottom of the bottle and back again. temper all actions with moderation

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Ibogaine posted:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with being a functioning alcoholic, but if you're really waking up in alleys and stuff, you might want to start out with drinking at home. It's easier to post in GBS that way, too.

Seriously, though, if really want to stop, I think the first thing you should do is go and see a doctor. He can examine you and help you find a workable solution.

Functional alcoholism is bad because instead of just being an obvious wino who might sober up after a binge, you're someone who has alcohol as their blood type. Then you get to the fairly rare situation where you're fine and dandy on the outside, but have built up the scary as gently caress physical addiction so a bottle of jack is your insulin and if you skip your topup, you'll possibly die and almost nobody will know what the hells wrong with you.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I can't relate op so any advice I give is would be parroted bs you have heard already. The answer is stop drinking so much though

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
teach a man to sell heroin and his friends will get high their whole lives

teach a man to do heroin and he will be high for the rest of his life

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

rehab op

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
AA worked for a friend of mine, you don't have to get totally involved into their religious/cultish beliefs in order for it to work.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I only go to AA meetings when there's promise of the clown wrestling with the Down syndrome guy

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Volume posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How can someone even get hooked on alcohol ? You have to drink so much! The hangovers themselves are a natural break on your drinking.

The horrible migraine the next day would make me not want to drink for several days.

It's like hearing that someone got addicted to huffing gasoline.

• Locked thread