Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

AlphaKretin posted:

Hi, dead thread. A couple of times lately I've seen people asking about the mobile port of FFV, and I warn them off with vague references to the stupid poo poo Matrix Software did to bosses, but I can never remember the exact details. Did anyone ever compile a list of all the changes? I figure this is the best place to ask since a lot of it was found over the course of this latest fiesta.

this is more about why the ffv/ffvi remake is Bad but may be relevant. i dont have a difference list between the different versions though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I remember there was a big change for Omniscient, and how he could now cast Reset even with 0 MP. I think that was the most major change. Most of it was fairly minor tweaks that wouldn't dramatically alter a run.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
The only other big change I can think of is that !Calm now works ONLY on Magic Beasts instead of everything BUT Magic Beasts like it did in the SNES/GBA versions, though to be completely fair the new way is how it was supposed to work in the first place. Still kind of a shame though since it eliminates one of the few consistent Omega strategies (Romeo's Ballad still works at least).

Oh, and Berserkers will actually focus on the default target now instead of hitting any random enemy, which can be both good and bad depending on the situation. Makes Zerkers a LITTLE bit less of a liability in most fights at least, though some fights might actually be worse (like Sandworm, depending on how the default targeting for that fight works).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Krysmphoenix posted:

I remember there was a big change for Omniscient, and how he could now cast Reset even with 0 MP. I think that was the most major change. Most of it was fairly minor tweaks that wouldn't dramatically alter a run.

He can also cast it while Berserked.

Basically, they went and made it nearly impossible to circumvent the fight's "magic only" gimmick, which means if you're doing a No750 run or were just unlucky enough to not get any spellcasters, you can't complete Fork Tower.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nah, it should still be possible unless he can still just do it between Reflect Ring Mage Masher procs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
It is very much possible (source: my first Fiesta with only physical classes), just very loving annoying. The one saving grace you have is the autosave after entering the boss room.

• Locked thread