Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Dragoon > Dancer

but it's true. Big chunk of HP, Aegis Shield and a way of just jumping over dumb NeoExdeath poo poo is way better than welp RNG said I do no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

KataraniSword posted:

Dragoon (and Monk, obviously) are pretty trash for 3-zerk teams since very little of what they do has any sort of effect on Berserkers whatsoever. Monk has HP +30% and Counter, I guess, but Dragoon has...uh...

Dragoon has the ability for you to just let your zerkers do whatever while you have a pretty decent class that isn't too bad at soloing the game. But yea, their synergy with everyone is pretty awful so it becomes more of a 3 job fiesta and Faris rocking the Red Dragoon costume.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

KataraniSword posted:

Those rings are also generally not worth it save for some very niche circumstances. I've never had to grind Angel Rings for Sol Cannon (like some class challenges do) and you can grind Reflect Rings in World 2 for the thing most people want Flame Rings against.

He's got it right, if your not some horrible min maxer or have a poo poo party comp, you can get away with no rings.

Basically if you don't have a black Mage, you can get away with not buy any rings until world 3. Fire ring is nice against the pre cannon turrets and a world 2 boss and random enemy attacks. Angel ring is helpful if you don't have damage for Sol Cannon. Coral Ring is useful for 3 endgame bosses, 2 of which are optional, and one of those being a super boss.

If you have a black mage and no healing classes, fire rings might not be a bad investment for in battle healing.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Dragoon/Zerker/Zerker/Dragoon :suicide: I mean I love Dragoons, but gently caress this is gonna suck. Makes up for my practice run of Ninja, Black Mage, White Mage, Knight that I never finished cause after like world 1, the challenge left.

Might as well just name my team: "You got problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and reliable burst damage is one." I'm at least unlocking all jobs and running the balance patch. gently caress grinding to like 60 to beat sol cannon to ruin the rest of the game.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Gerdalti posted:

Dragoon, Berserker, Berserker. Can't wait to see what my last job will be oh boy.

Look forward to you joining my club of Dragoon, Berserker, Berserker, Dragoon.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Dr. Tot might be taking a nap, but he and his wolfhat has saved the world
(2x Dragoon, 2x Zerker with the balance patch which made this go from terrible to slightly less terrible)

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Final Team: Team I Spend More Than Some Minor Country's GDP

Chemist / Samurai / Geomancer / Ninja

I'm probably gonna be way overleved just so I have enough cash to do the fun stuff.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Aerox posted:

With Thief/Summoner/Geomancer/Dragoon, which Sealed Weapons and optional World 3 stuff should I be aiming for?

Right now I know I want Air Lancet for Summoner and the Holy Lance for Dragoon, I know the Gaia Bell is trash (and my Geomancer is basically just a summoner anyway), and I think I'm going to pop Chicken Knife on the Thief. I'm also thinking about getting Magic Lamp, although I'm not sure if it's necessary.

What other stuff should I be eyeing? A cursory read of the optional stuff makes it sound like it's mostly all hot garbage for this party composition, but I've never made it to World 3 in any FFV playthrough before so I'm assuming there's a bunch of stuff I'm missing.

If I recall only the magic lamp Odin insta kills that one part of NeoExdeath. It's like 2 minutes to pick up, so it's not that strenuous to get and setup.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Finally decided to stop being lazy and finish run #2 now that pure Chaos exists. I could triple crown this but :effort:.

Chemist/Samurai/Geomancer/Ninja

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

You could theoretically Berserk Shinryu with the Wonder Wand & blind with the Darkness bow. Not sure if you could get that done without being turned to paste without having to grind some levels. You have a pretty solid way of hitting hard with Jump & Dragon Lance with the dragoon.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Poque posted:

I just left the rift and got this message which I don't think I've ever seen before.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you activate the Exdeath cutscene? I think that's the trigger.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

So, I'm guessing Gilgabot wants to make it up to me after my first run. Or they really wants me to triple crown.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

What the gently caress. I'd ask where you found that, but I don't want to know

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Team "I Literally Don't Know What 'I-Win' Button to Press" is done
Summoner/Chemist/Ranger/Bard

I could triple crown this but ehh. I think this will be the end of my fiesta-ing for now. Turtle-shell farming the last two runs took any energy I had for a fourth run and removed it.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

heenato posted:

Hrm. I just realized I might be in a bit of a bind...I'm about to go up against the seal crystals, and I...don't have a really good way to deal with them? I have a knight, Summoner, Geomancer, Dragoon. I also kinda forgot to buy a fire ring from World 1, and now I'm wondering what I'm gonna do to make this fight managable. Am I really gonna have to forgo the aegis shield for the flame shield?

Use golem to suck up the physical attacks. You can slowly grind away one by one, or just blast 3 with Titan summons (they only like like 7700hp, they won't last long), whittle earth down to just above berserk and then wait for everyone's ABP to come back and burn down the last 3k. if you can't do that or survive an earthshaker with a knight, time your Dragoon jump a bit late so he hops over the first one and you'll probably be able to get an extra hit in.

Edit: nevermind earth shaker doesn't use mp

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 9, 2016

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

zh1 posted:

Just making sure, if I got thief for my first job I need to have 4 thieves at all times right? I grinded up 5 levels and I still get stomped by Garula

Yup. Sorry for your loss. The loss being your patience and sanity.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

zh1 posted:

Oh poo poo, I knew about the mythril swords I could steal but not the knives. Thanks, that'll help the 35-50 damage I'm doing currently

The rare steal from the gravestone dudes on the Drake mountain is hi-potions and you can farm elixirs from multiple early monsters in World 1, so don't feel bad about using them. The drop rate sucks, but it's an option and doesnt punish you for daring to use elixirs early.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Prel posted:

Well, sweet. Yay drugs.

Just as a heads up you don't really need that much dark matter. Farming for Turtle Shells and Dragon Fangs are far more useful and a better use of your time.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Samuel Clemens posted:

!Drink is one of the best commands to put on a Dancer. Why yes, I would like to have double HP all the time.

Don't forget about Haste and Protect!

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Aafter posted:

Alright! First time playing FFV! I'm starting with a white mage!

The good news, you have reliable healing. The bad news, you get one viable weapon so it's gonna be the slowest start around.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

ultrafilter posted:

Omega may or may not be doable depending on your other jobs, but you're pretty much obligated to take on Shinryu with those two.

Well, he cant get dual zerks since he's pure chaos, so even with a single zerker it'll be possible. It'll take forever with 2 stop songs and 1000 Needles. But possible.

EDIT:

derra posted:

One Berserker isn't a liability - Death Scythes are ridiculous and trivialize a lot of boss fights, including the Crystals. It's only when you get multiple ones that their drawbacks start weighing on you.

This is correct. One Zerker can be a liability on some fights, but they are way more useful than Geomancers and some other classes.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 13, 2016

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

berenzen posted:

Any recommendations on how to fight living flame with 4 white mages?

Make sure you have 4 Flails from Karnak, you'll need it.

Hit her till tornado form and wait till she burns through all that forms MP so you don't have to deal with Fira self heals. You do poo poo for damage, so the first cast will take her to max and then she'll just keep casting and wasting MP.

Try to use Tornado to buff, heal up to max. He won't attack there, so you are safe to Heal Staff your way to full HP if needed. She counters with Magnet which brings everyone to the front row, so make sure to have Armor on.

Hand counters with Fire 2, which probably one shots you, but it does run out of MP quick, so eventually all you have to worry about is the Blaze counter in human, which I don't think uses MP.

Beyond that it's a super slow grind. Confuse will help as it doesn't trigger counters on your guys, so cast away.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 13, 2016

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

hubris.height posted:

is 26 too low to beat ned with whm / rng / bsr / sam? i don't have x-fight yet

You have Armor/Shell. You should be fine. Just throw money at your problem. I pretty sure everyone has enough HP to survive Almagest when buffed.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

You can stone Carbuncle when it casts Cure, so 2 bosses really. I think you can stone Odin as well if you are at low levels.

Edit Missed the part about MK, so no need for Shoat.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 26, 2016

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Bufuman posted:

Wasn't Bo Jackson so overpowered in that game that any player going for a perfect season just resets if they end up having a game against Oakland at any point? Sounds like "fun".

Mind you I was never this good, but Bo allowed you to do stuff like this. I would never call him a hidden superboss, as the ESPN special mentions virtual Bo's dominance of Tecmo Bowl. He's like Omega, just in your way and will run over you if you aren't prepared.

https://youtu.be/8PBvOxicz-0

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks. I hope it's not too easy though, I want to have to come up with weird strategies for some bosses.

Wow summoner is yoked, just smashed my way through the fire crystal. Just missed three chests (esuna, lightning scroll, and an elixir)

Unfortunately Summoner will carry you through most of the game. Their one weakness is being a squishy Mage with no healing, and you have white mages to do that. A lot of the Four Job Fiesta difficulty is getting reliable offense and healing. Most combinations only have one or the other, some have neither. You have both. Summoner does kinda taper off mid game, but by the end it skyrockets back to juggernaut status. There will be a couple fights that might give you trouble, but Summoner/White Mage can carry you through basically the whole game even if you end up with like Dancer/Geomancer as your other two classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I need help, please
I'm in the final castle/rift area. Just grinding, I think I need about 5 levels to hand neo-ex. So I'm just grinding

But I'm running low on tents/cabins, so I want to buy more but I can't leave this final area. I go back until I'm in a library with three books I can open/close, but I can't seem to go back any further.

I have summoner, white mage, beastmaster, and samurai

Edit: Figured it out

You only need like 1500HP to not eat a full wipe on the final boss, 750 with shell. Don't worry too much about HP grinding unless you are getting smashed and can't just summon your way to victory. If you are grinding to master everyone's jobs, I understand, I'm the same way, but I end up doing it in world 2 like an idiot.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 9, 2016

• Locked thread