Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009
Here's to hoping I don't get a 75% Red Mage rate like last year. And the previous year. :smithicide:

All of you complaining about Geomancers have obviously never been drowning in red mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

At least Red Mages can snap rods, heal (and use the Cure Staff), and apply buffs.

They get all of one buff, and their healing is garbage past the midgame. Rod snapping is really all they got going for them. Geomancers at least let you ignore the most annoying kind of dungeon bullshit and can deal decent damage sometimes.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what else does?

Hi-Potions.

Hi-Potions are also kinda tedious.

Really I just particularly hate red mages because I get the bastards so often. If I got so many geomancers I'd probably hate them a lot more too. This wouldn't be a problem if Gilgabot was actually fair and balanced rather than a filthy liar.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009
The gates are open.

White Mage! A good start.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009
:toot:

Always nice to start off with an actually good party. Not a Red Mage in sight.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009
Round two complete.

Should probably make a new file for the third run, rather than just endlessly reusing my ancient post-wind shrine file, so I can call him Dr. Tot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009
Is there a good strategy for Omega with Blue/Red/Ninja/Dragoon? Double trident jumping and hoping the counters don't instantly wipe me is the best I got so far.

• Locked thread